It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one "make" a unicorn?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is something I've been wondering about from time to time:

Many months ago, there was this old, polyamorous "wizard" dude featured on Coast-to-Coast AM who's regarded as some sort of unicorn maven. He apparently owns, or has owned, a few one-horned goats or some such.

I don't recall the address for his Web site, or even his name, but on his site, the guy claimed to possess secret knowledge of the procedure by which an ordinary animal can be made into a unicorn. I got the impression this was some sort of surgical procedure or something.

It seems like an unethical thing to do to an innocent animal, and my impression was that the guy was keeping his methods secret for reasons of personal power and profit. I'm just wondering if anybody here is familiar with the man in question, and if anybody has a likely theory as to how, exactly, he's able to manufacture unicorns.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, this is how I would do it:

Get a male narwhal. Put it in a protected area.
Get a pretty female narwhal. Put it in the same protected area.
Light some candles and put on some smooth jazz.
Wait awhile,
and then you have a brand new unicorn.

Actually I think it takes a few years for the tooth to grow long enough to resemble a horn. But regardless, that's how I would do it.

Or maybe it has something to do with taking a horse and implanting keratinous cells but I wouldn't be so cool with that.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I saw a thing on Ripley's Believe it or Not, where a guy had corral surgically graphed to his skull. Over time his body would accept the corral and turn it into bone. Then he was going to remove the skin and he'd have devil horns. Suppose that could work maybe...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A fellow named Oberon Zell-Ravenheart was on the Coast to Coast show in regards to his theory that unicorns were originally one horned goats.
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Fellow certainly looks like a wizard.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/619f8dc36d0d0070.jpg[/atsimg]

He messes with the horns of the goat, so they grow intertwined.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah, that's the guy. I can't see myself wanting to attend any of his swing parties any time soon...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't know how to make a Unicorn
But I do know how to make a Mule , A mule is a sterile hybrid from a female horse and a male donkey.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Could it really just be done with a little genetic changing or perhaps trying to mate a horse/donkey/mule with something in the goat family or mate a llama with a goat.

Even a real unicorn wouldn't amaze me that much because its either a one horned goat or a horned horse on the hand if you somehow made Pegasus id be all ears.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
How about a bit of DNA from a rhinocerous and lots of DNA from a horse? Maybe that might work. Dunno myself cuz, well, I am just self science deprived and have no interest in a lot of it. I just never did. But I do like to incorporate sciences theories and facts in my paintings.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The only way I can see this work, is by casting polymorph on a chicken and turning it into a Unicorn. The challenge here is I haven't learned the spell: Polymorph, and I don't know anyone that knows it.

Maybe someone of the forum knows it and can teach it to us, so we all can make Unicorns.

If no one here knows how to cast it, we are pretty much screwed in the Unicorn department.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I don't think that wizard dude has access to any sophisticated genetic-engineering technologies. I'm wondering if it's some sort of surgery that he performs on the juvenile goats.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
according to ross noble:
get a pig with a spike on its head, prop it up behind a horse, rock it back and forth.
wait a few minutes....
hey presto. a unicorn.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Asince we're going through hard times at the minute, here's the cheap version:

Glue a horn to a horse's head ... Hey presto ... Except you're in trouble when it dies and the horns not attached to the skull haha.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Well, this is how I would do it:

Get a male narwhal. Put it in a protected area.
Get a pretty female narwhal. Put it in the same protected area.
Light some candles and put on some smooth jazz.
Wait awhile,
and then you have a brand new unicorn.

Actually I think it takes a few years for the tooth to grow long enough to resemble a horn. But regardless, that's how I would do it.

Or maybe it has something to do with taking a horse and implanting keratinous cells but I wouldn't be so cool with that.

A narwhal horn yes. Removed from the animal, fixed to a leather bridle and attached to a horse. That would give the resemblance of a unicorn.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"Unicorns" are very common and natural. They just aren't the white horse with a horn that you were shown as a child. It is pretty common to find animals normally that have a set of horns or antlers to have a defect which makes them produce a horn in the center of their skull. See below link.

Natural Unicorn

Edited for grammar.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I fail to see what mystic or magical properties a goat with it's horns intertwined would have.

How about a horse with wings? Can he make any of those? And Battle armor?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Yeah, that's the guy. I can't see myself wanting to attend any of his swing parties any time soon...

He makes me want to play gauntlet 2 ! :-)

Wizard needs food badly !

I guess maybe he could have " shaped" them into growing into one like those asian people shape feet and people shape ' heads by tying or wrapping them.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.unicorngarden.com...

More about creating unicorns. It's a article about the guy who's resear Oberon used to produc unicorns.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
RuneSpider, yours are the only responses which actually addressed my original question.

The most telling phrase on that Unicorn Garden site is "By certain maltreatment ordinary two-horned sheep are converted..."

My emphasis.

The second of the two Lancelot photos appears to show the polyamorous Wizard dude when he was younger, but the text talks about "Morning Glory and Otter G'Zell" being the unicorn's "creators" (abusers might be a better word). Presumably Otter later changed his name to Raven-whatever?

Regardless, if he was using Dove's procedure, I have to wonder who performed the surgery, and under what conditions? I'd also like to know the ratio of juvenile goats who suffered and died to the number that lived and were shown to the world.

It seems to me that there'd be a strong likelihood of infections or other complications, especially if the operation is being done by an amateur, which it would almost have to be, as no legitimate veterinary surgeon would mutilate a perfectly healthy animal for reasons of aesthetics or enterprise.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by flightsuit]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I believe you can manufacture one by removing and altering the little bud that produces the horn on some animals. Their was a little article in an OMNI book I have around the house from about 20 years or so ago that has a picture of such an altered goat, I believe its horn buds where removed and spliced together than re implanted into its skull the resulting horn while nothing like a Unicorn was rather impressive.

I also remember reading a web site about 10 years ago that went into some rather in depth theory about the Asian Ki Rin and its link to the European unicorn. Basically stating that the Asian Ki Rin was a prime candidate for a living prehistoric mammal cant remember which one it was though. While not really about the unicorn was an interesting insight into how the myth might have begun.

Edit:- hmm Found the book looks like the goat was Lancelot as someone else mentioned earlier. And I was wrong about the splicing of the horn buds that was what the creators of Lancelot critics where saying they did to achieve it.. not how they actually claim to have achieved it

Heh shows what happens when you dont read threads properly or fully and try to state things from memory
**tears up a sheet of paper and throws it into the air**

[edit on 15-4-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Fellow mentioned he didn't have Dove's reports exactly, which meant he had experiment a bit. And yes, he used to go by Otter G'zell, was born Timothy Zell.

So... I want to think he treated the animals as well as possible, but there doesn't seem to be much documentation on the treatment. Can't seem to be much documentation on the procedure, though there also doesn't seem to be any recrimination.

Apparently, he outlines the procedure in Drawing Down the Moon, by Margot Adler.
The book on Google Books.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join