It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plans Massive New High Speed Railroad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
an 8 billion dollar waste on an outdated technolgy-high speed or not

theres a reason trains are relegated to cargo these days primarily because

like the previous posters said the majority of us citizens will not benefit from this

why take a train we you can drive and if you cant drive fly.

agreed public transportation isnt all that great.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by neo67

why take a train we you can drive and if you cant drive fly.

Gas Prices
Airline Costs

there's two reasons why :-)

Despite the fact that driving and Airlines are two popular choices for most upper-middle class americans...the tens (if not hundreds) of millions of americans who are beneath that, that can't afford an airline ticket, take the train.

Others choose to drive because the train is too slow. (but it's going to be cheaper for those long trips)

You usher in the vastly superior faster trains, and watch the travel industry boom again.

I mean seriously - who WANTS to pay an arm and a leg to stand in line at an airport, be racially profiled and violated, so that you can set elbow to elbow in coach class inbetween a few guys or gals that you can smell from down the hall.

Who WANTS to put the kids in a car and truck them 1/2 way across the country stopping every 30 minutes because "I gotta pee again!" or "I'm Hungry!" for 18 never-ending hours while spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on gasoline and a hotel for a night.

If that sounds like your idea of luxury....have at it.
I'll wait for the speedy trains.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join