It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Moon Is OrangeIn The UK - 1:12am - 13th April

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm here in the west midlands and the moon is a beautiful orange. If anyone around here is awake go and take a look, i don't know how wide an area it will appear like this, it might just be local due to some dust in the atmosphere or something.

If you can take a look though you really should, it's beautiful.




posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984
 


Im in Jersey in the channel islands south of southampton and its a dull yellow in a purplish sky, pretty cool lookin stuff tho



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I live in Oslo, Norway...tonight its cloudy, but last night moon was orange, almost on border being reddish...im no meterologist, but im sure it has to do with our atmosphere...hmmm, anyone got answer for this?

anyway...most beautiful moon i ever seen in my life tho



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There were a few major grassfires in north Texas this week. The smoke and ash blew into my town, leaving everything in a haze. When the moon rose that night, it appeared orange through all the smoke. Any fires in the area?



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It can be caused by quite a few things, but particles in the air are a very common one. I don't think there is an extroadinary explanation here, science has it covered i just wondered if anyone else was online so they'd get the chance to see it as i've never seen that in my life and it was really beautiful.

It's gone a dull yellow to me here now.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm in the midlands also, it's very orange.Not seen any fires in my neck of the woods.Unless its the prison they set fire to the other night.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dirk Gently
There were a few major grassfires in north Texas this week. The smoke and ash blew into my town, leaving everything in a haze. When the moon rose that night, it appeared orange through all the smoke. Any fires in the area?


Not that i know of, at least none on the news. I can tell you that i've been staring at the sky for years as i tend to stay up very late and i've just never seen that. That doesn't mean it's something paranormal and i wasn't implying that, i'm sure it's just simple particles in the air but i just wanted anyone online at the time to get a look as well



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dirk Gently
 

Nope...no reported fire here in Oslo...but the sky/clouds looks kinda orange this night as well, even tho i cant see the moon...Anyone got answer to this? to be honest, i have never seen it like this before ever in my life...



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I agree it looked amazing.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I live in eastern Canada and a couple of days ago the moon was huge and a yellowish color. I pointed it out to my wife as we were driving. It was really nice. No fires here and our air tends to be pretty clean.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The moon can change colour a lot if it is near the horizon, the one tonight however was high in the sky and almost red when i first started watching it. I didn't think to come on ATS until 3 hours of watching it lol.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
The moon can change colour a lot if it is near the horizon, the one tonight however was high in the sky and almost red when i first started watching it. I didn't think to come on ATS until 3 hours of watching it lol.


Then it may looked as same as the moon did yesterday in Oslo. On the border being reddish...cool moon, and beautiful to watch



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh well it's gone back to it's usual off white, very glad i got to see it, gotta love insomnia
Never seen that even though i'm 23 and have spent most nights staring out a window. A nice treat



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by noroman
 


I'm in Pennsylvania, USA and early evening last night the moon was bright orange and HUGE. When I looked again a few hours later it was back to it's normal color.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby
reply to post by noroman
 


I'm in Pennsylvania, USA and early evening last night the moon was bright orange and HUGE. When I looked again a few hours later it was back to it's normal color.

wow, ye, its weird right? I thought the moon could go orange/red during an eclipse...or so i read...but it was huge and almost full.
None the less it was amazing to watch...

But in my opinion, the skies have change from i was a small boy. Not so often i can see dead clear sky anymore...but rather more dimmish/foggy skies, even tho no clouds are there...and its not pollution...its just like the skies have change the last 10-15 years...

Probably nothing



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Lots of people are going to see it orange as it's low in the sky (it was here). And it's always orange when it approaches the horizon because the short, high frequency wavelengths of light ricochet of the atmosphere leaving the lower, long frequencies to get through. Short = blue, long = red.

If it's high in the sky and is orange or red then there must be smoke involved as well.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
Lots of people are going to see it orange as it's low in the sky (it was here). And it's always orange when it approaches the horizon because the short, high frequency wavelengths of light ricochet of the atmosphere leaving the lower, long frequencies to get through. Short = blue, long = red.

If it's high in the sky and is orange or red then there must be smoke involved as well.

Yepp, that must be it...



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
Lots of people are going to see it orange as it's low in the sky (it was here). And it's always orange when it approaches the horizon because the short, high frequency wavelengths of light ricochet of the atmosphere leaving the lower, long frequencies to get through. Short = blue, long = red.

If it's high in the sky and is orange or red then there must be smoke involved as well.


Yes i think i said all that further up, i wasn't looking for any extraordinary explanation just hoping others on ATS would see and enjoy it. It was high in the sky so yes i think it was just a lot of dust, pollen,water vapour or whatever else.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984
 


Well that's god then. Between the pair of us, we got this one Solved!

It's interesting, the same principle that makes the moon yellow on the horizon makes the sky blue during the day, although instead of bouncing off the atmosphere, blue refracts and scatters over the sky giving the appearance of blue.

It's technically glare from the sun.



posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984
 


Well that's god then. Between the pair of us, we got this one Solved!



Lol erm this was never really a mystery just me hoping others would see something wonderful
I mean i've sat watching the sky every night for maybe 12 years and never seen that. Was just a nice treat



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join