It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs leave physical traces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Humming UFOs, smoldering branches, molten metal, molten asphalt...great stuff guys!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
In my opinion are here some interesting physical traces catalogues.
The first one is a catalogue of investigated Australian cases where traces have been placed in a UFO context, even if a UFO was not reported in association with the event.
It all are short descriptions of the sighting and/or the found physical traces on the ground afterwards.

A CATALOGUE OF AUSTRALIAN PHYSICAL TRACE CASES.

The format for each entry is: Catalogue number, date, location, time of event, type of trace, latitude and longitude of location (where known), text, source. The code for the type of trace is as follows:
R = doughnut shaped ring marking
FSA = a flattened, swirled area
FA = a simple flattened area
"nests" = bird nest shaped
BEC = bare earth circle
SL = slime on lawn
WV = withered vegetation
BS = burnt circle

Acknowledgement
I would like to acknowledge the work of the large number of Australian UFO researchers, who over the years, have investigated and published details on the reports which are summarised in this catalogue. One or more sources are cited for each report.

www.project1947.com...

Interesting catalogue of Australian cases about the so called “angel hair” that witnesses have seen falling from the sky mostly after seeing one or more UFO’s.

A CATALOGUE AND ANALYSIS OF AUSTRALASIAN ‘ANGEL HAIR’ CASES.

This document brings together a compilation of Australian reports which appear to relate to the topic of "Angel hair," and presents an analysis of the available data.
The catalogue format is (where known), case number, date of the fall, time of the fall, duration of the fall and geographic location of the fall, followed by a latitude and longitude figure in degrees and minutes. The available text is next, with a source or sources quoted.
Attachment one provides an analysis of the catalogue data broken down in a number of ways.
Attachment two lists known instances of falls of spiders’ web, as identified by the presence of spiders, for comparison purposes with the main catalogue.
Attachment three presents two cases of falls where scientific analysis indicated the fall was due to spiders’ web.
Attachment four is a compilation of notes from various sources about the topic of spiders and spiders’ web.

www.project1947.com...

This catalogue contains rapports of so called implanted objects in people after they where abducted.

Introduction:

During a self-imposed break from research into the UFO phenomenon, I was on holiday in the United Kingdom and happened to take a walk through the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. I came across an exhibit which immediately gained my attention. The printed card inside the glass case read:

"Bandaged mummy of a man decorated with gilded terra cotta studs. Late Graeco-Roman period, Ca. 3rd Century A.D."

Nothing much to get excited about? However, the card also stated:

X-ray examination has revealed an unidentified piece of metal in the skull of this mummy.

Now, there is probably a very simple explanation for this piece of metal, but it set my mind into active mode. What was the piece of metal? Who had put it there? What purpose did it serve? Then the inevitable happened, I began to think about all the stories from UFO abductees who relate that their alien abductors have placed "implants" in their bodies for some, as yet, unknown reason

A DRAFT CATALOGUE OF REPORTED UFO CASES WHERE IMPLANTS ARE MENTIONED.
www.project1947.com...

In relation with implants, I sorely do not forget the excellent and groundbreaking work of Dr. Roger Leir.

www.alienscalpel.com...

[edit on 13/4/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
UFO Landings-Rendlesham Forest, 1980.

A very important UFO case, with many eyewitnesses and physical evidence in the form of three depressions on the ground and recorded Beta/Gamma radiation readings of 0.1 milliroentgens were with peak readings in the three depressions and near the center of the triangle formed by the depressions. A nearby tree had moderate (.05 - .07) readings on the side of the tree toward the depressions.

Halt's Memo- actual words in italics
Subject: Unexplained Lights
To: RAF/CC

1. Early in the morning of 27 Dec 80 (approximately 0300L), two USAF security police patrolmen saw unusual lights outside the back gate at RAF Woodbridge. Thinking an aircraft might have crashed or been forced down, they called for permission to go outside the gate to investigate. The on duty flight chief responded and allowed three patrolmen to proceed on foot. The individuals reported seeing a strange glowing object in the forest.

The object was described as being metallic in appearance and triangular in shape, approximately two to three meters across the base and approximately two meters high. It illuminated the entire forest with a white light. The object itself had a pulsating red light on top and a bank(s) of blue lights underneath. The object was hovering or on three legs. As the patrolmen approached the object, it maneuvered through the trees and disappeared. At this time the animals on a nearby farm went into a frenzy. The object was briefly sighted approximately an hour later near the back gate.

Shortly after midnight on December 27, 1980, radar screens at RAF Watton in Norfolk showed an uncorrelated object which suddenly disappeared in the vicinity of the Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk. The object was also tracked on radar at Bentwaters RAF, which was located north of the forest. Woodbridge was south of the forest. The bases were reported to have a large stockpile of nuclear weapons, and Woodbridge was the home of the 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron. The unit was subject only to the Department of Defense in Washington, D.C. The sister bases were leased to the United States Air Force.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4051a66a07c.jpg[/atsimg]

2. The next day, three depressions 1 1/2" deep and 7" in diameter were found where the object had been sighted on the ground. The following night the area was checked for radiation. Beta/Gamma readings of 0.1 milliroentgens were recorded with peak readings in the three depressions and near the center of the triangle formed by the depressions. A nearby tree had moderate (.05 - .07) readings on the side of the tree toward the depressions.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56ccd925341e.jpg[/atsimg]

One of the most compelling accounts of UFO landings comes to us from England. The joint air bases of Bentwaters and Woodbridge, located within the vast Rendlesham Forest, would be literally invaded by unidentified flying objects over a period of several nights in late December, 1980.

The amazing accounts of the twin air bases would be replete with descriptions of Alien beings, anomalous radar readings, electromagnetic effects, and surreal atmospheric conditions. Still investigated by Ufologists today, the almost unbelievable eyewitness accounts by credible professionals make the events of Bentwaters and Woodbridge Air Force Bases a cornerstone of belief among many UFO proponents.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8207d1e39cd8.gif[/atsimg]

An extensive six chapter’s article.

ufocasebook.com...

In chapter two, you can listen to Colonel Charles Halt’s impressive audio tape
www.ufocasebook.com...

and in chapter four the very interesting transcription of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hey guys, interesting thread, although i'd like to comment on one of your cases...
The wind turbine that was hit by a "ufo".
That was actually a test flight of an unmanned craft being worked on by BAE in wharton. My friend works for them and told me about it, apparently they all find it funny. But yes. thats what it was. So no ufo there. sorry guys.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Just because someone says so does not mean its so. For the windmill affair to have been debunked they would have had to show another windmill with the same deficiency. The MOD is not off the hook. Especially when multiple witnesses say otherwise.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Skyfloating]

They have. Unforunately I can't find the thread at the moment, but that exact windmill case has been brought up before. I remember a couple of photos being posted showing the results of blade failure. They looked almost identical to the original picture. I'll continue searching for the thread, but aside from that I think this is a great topic/reference.

Cheers.

-Strype

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

SF -Another great thread

There are some interesting photographs of human radiation/scorch marks from Brazilian and French UFO/OVNI cases on this compilation:
www.dailymotion.com...

And this very intriguing case where a man witnessed a UFO over a Canadian lake and the subsequent radiation burns he received:

1967: PHYSIOLOGICAL CASE AT FALCON LAKE, CANADA:

The experience of Stephen Michalak in the Falcon Lake area in Manitoba, at noon on May 20, 1967, is a CE-II (Close Encounter of the Second Kind) on two counts: physical traces were found on the area where the UFO reportedly landed, and the witness experienced a series of physiological effects apparently linked to his close encounter with a metallic-looking, disc-shaped object. Michalak is an industrial mechanic from Winnipeg who was doing some amateur prospecting in the area

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b8cb79cbadb.jpg[/atsimg]

The case was investigated extensively by Canadian authorities, the Condon Commission, and several civilian UFO groups from the U.S. and Canada. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), the Department of National Defense (DND), the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), and the Manitoba Department of Health were some of the agencies involved. Canadian officials reacted quickly after some radioactive traces were detected in soil samples from the landing area as well as on Michalak's garments. Many reports and documents on the case were eventually released by the Canadian government. One document provides a full summary of the case and investigation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ce27a33a1e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Incident:

"A Mr. Steven Michalak of Winnipeg, Manitoba reported that he had come into physical contact with a UFO during a prospecting trip in the Falcon Lake area, some 90 miles east of Winnipeg on the 20 May 67. Mr. Michalak stated that he was examining a rock formation when two UFOs appeared before him. One of the UFOs remained airborne in the immediate area for a few moments, then flew off at great speed. The second UFO landed a few hundred feet away from his position. As he approached the UFO, a side door opened and voices were heard coming from within.

"Mr. Michalak states he approached the object but was unable to see inside due to a bright yellow bluish light which blocked his vision. He endeavored to communicate with the personnel inside the object [in English, Russian, German, Italian, French and Ukrainian], but without result. As he approached within a few feet of the object, the door closed. He heard a whining noise and the object commenced to rotate anti-clockwise and finally raised off the ground. He reached out with his left gloved hand and touched the object prior to its lifting off the ground; the glove burned immediately as he touched the object.

"As the object left the ground, the exhaust gases burned his cap, outer and inner garments, and he sustained rather severe stomach and chest burns. As a result of these he was hospitalized for a number of days. The doctors who attended and interviewed Mr. Michalak were unable to obtain any information which could account for the burns to his body. The personal items of clothing which were alleged to have been burnt by the UFO, were subjected to an extensive analysis at the RCMP Crime laboratory. The analysts were unable to reach any conclusion as to what may have caused the burn damage.

"At examination the physician found an area of first degree burns over the upper abdomen, covering an area of 7-8 inches [17-20 cm.] and consisting of several round and irregular shaped burns the size of a silver dollar or less. These were a dull red in color, the hair over the lower chest was singed as was the hair on the forehead with some questionable redness of the right cheek and temple."

It is interesting to note that the geometrical burn marks on Michalak's chest and abdomen appear to conform to "a grid-like exhaust vent" observed by Michalak.
According to Rutkowski's report:

"Unexpectedly, the craft shifted position, and he was now facing a grid-like exhaust vent which he had seen earlier to his left. A blast of hot air shot on to his chest, and set his shirt and undershirt on fire, and also caused severe pain. He tore off his burning garments, and threw them to the ground. He then looked up in time to see the craft depart like the first, and felt a rush of air as it ascended... He walked over to where he had left his things, and noticed that his compass was behaving erratically; after a few minutes, it became still. He went back to the landing site, and immediately felt nauseous and a surge of pain from a headache."

"Soil samples taken by Mr. Michalak from the immediate area occupied by the UFO were analyzed and found to be radioactive to a degree that the samples had to be safely disposed of. An examination of the alleged UFO landing area was made by a radiologist from the Department of Health and Welfare and a small area was found to be radioactive. The Radiologist was unable to provide an explanation as to what caused this area to become contaminated.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Followup:

The windmill pictured in the OP malfunctioned in Conisholme, UK, on a night reported to be between -1 and -11 degrees. It is a known fact that wind turbines can (and will) expirience problems due to ice build-up on the blades.

Wind Turbine Struck By Lightning
Wind Turbine Breaking Itself (Gearbox failure)
Picture of (another) Wind Turbine After Gearbox Failure

"I have also heard that there was something structurally wrong (with the turbine). If it was frozen and there was a defect, the blade could have shattered."

Source

I won't pretend that I know what happend in Conisholme that night, but I think I've provided enough 'physical evidence' to say there's not enough information to include this with your "physical evidence" of UFOs.

Cheers.

-Strype

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That's an interesting physical trace of a ufo. You know about the angel hair stuff they leave too? This cotton wool like substance that falls to the sky after they buzz your head only so many feet up, it falls slower than snow to the ground and is really weird, only problem it seems to disolve soon after like snow does.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The wind turbine incident, is only a tiny part of th evidence offered by the OP and other members on this thread, why sre so many fixated on just that part?

Sure of course it could be stress, fatigue, however that doesn't alter the fact, if they thought there was a problem like what they are saying, then why are there still thousands of them in places where people could be hurt?

And as for the poster who's friend works at the factory testing new aircraft, I don't for one second think, that a man made Aircraft would continue flying after causing that damage, it would have been smashed into the ground from the forces involved.

Almost everyone who heard about this damage, and the rumours of ET being involved, and the lights being seen in the area, well we did expect some kind of excuse to eventually trickle out, stress, fatigue, sure, if that's so, we can expect a lot more of these events to happen then cant we?

Does anyone else believe the efforts of skeptics on ATS is a combined effort to put events down by planting an idea? right now, behind the scenes are e-mails being passed back and fourth, coming up with a response to evidence presented? hmmm

Wait for it

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
The wind turbine incident, is only a tiny part of th evidence offered by the OP and other members on this thread, why sre so many fixated on just that part?

Because if it cannot be labeled as "physical evidence of UFOs" then it does not belong in the OP.

Sure of course it could be stress, fatigue, however that doesn't alter the fact, if they thought there was a problem like what they are saying, then why are there still thousands of them in places where people could be hurt?

Why don't four planes crash every time one plane crashes? Because most of them are made according to standards. Every once in a while, a mishap occurs.

And as for the poster who's friend works at the factory testing new aircraft, I don't for one second think, that a man made Aircraft would continue flying after causing that damage, it would have been smashed into the ground from the forces involved.

Not that you're wrong, but apparently you didn't watch the (previously posted) video of 2 fighter jets colliding, and one landing safely with one wing. The blade of a wind turbine fails in comparison to a collision with another plane that tears an entire wing off. Obviously, you'd be surprised with our current technology.

Almost everyone who heard about this damage, and the rumours of ET being involved, and the lights being seen in the area, well we did expect some kind of excuse to eventually trickle out, stress, fatigue, sure, if that's so, we can expect a lot more of these events to happen then cant we?

Does anyone else believe the efforts of skeptics on ATS is a combined effort to put events down by planting an idea? right now, behind the scenes are e-mails being passed back and fourth, coming up with a response to evidence presented? hmmm

No, you can't expect a lot more of these events because (as I've stated previously) they aren't expected events to begin with. So people heard about damage? Who cares? The same people who care about rumors of ET being involved? A rumor is an opinion with no discernable source. Why would you even cite rumors? Lights were seen in the area? Is that supposed to be evidence of something? Before you accuse the "skeptics" of using "combined efforts to put events down," please provide some evidence that can keep an argument UP.

- Strype

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A little known case occurred at Trans-en-Provence, France on January 8th 1981. It's fairly dull in the detail but represents a thoroughly investigated incident with witnesses, documents and trace evidence.

A middle aged farmer, Renato Nicolaï, was working on his property when his attention was caught by a whistling sound. What happened next would surprise you or me, but farmers are often very pragmatic people. I've met several superstitious farmers yet they aren't given to over reaction...so when he sees a landing UFO...he's unmoved...

"My attention was drawn to a small noise, a kind of little whistling. I turned around and I saw, in the air, a ship which was just about the height of a pine tree at the edge of my property. This ship was not turning but was descending toward the ground. I only heard a slight whistling. I saw no flames, neither underneath or around the ship.
Witness statement

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e89f91706fa4.jpg[/atsimg]

He is curious and suspects that the object is a secret French prototype aircraft. He approaches cautiously and remains mostly hidden by buildings on his farm. As he gets to within 100m the object rises into the sky and moves out of sight. In his statement (continued from above), he describes the object in some detail...

The ship was in the form of two saucers upside down, one against the other. It must have been about 1.5 meters [5 feet] high. It was the color of lead. The ship had a border or type of brace around its circumference. Underneath the brace, as it took off, I saw two kinds of round pieces which could have been landing gear or feet. There were also two circles which looked like trap doors. The two feet, or landing gear, extended about 20 centimeters [8 inches] beneath the body of the whole ship

Whatever the object was, it left behind evidence of its presence in the form of a depression in the ground and superficial damage to the vegetation beneath it. I'm unable to provide the image of the landing site but it can be seen here at UFOevidence Nicolai was still concerned that he'd witnessed a terrestrial French aircraft and notified his local Gendarme (police officer). This is how the investigation began.

Samples were taken of the soil and vegetation and analyzed at SNEAP laboratory, electronic diffraction studies at Toulouse University, mass spectrometry by ion bombardment at the University of Metz, and biochemical analysis of the vegetable samples at the National Institute of Agronomy Research (INRA), among others. As you can see they were very thoroughly analyzed and by independent agencies

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39ccd224f898.jpg[/atsimg]

The analysis revealed several unusual characteristics...

"The chlorophyll pigment in the leaf samples was weakened from 30 to 50 percent... The young leaves withstood the most serious losses, evolving toward the content and composition more characteristic of old leaves." "The action of nuclear irradiation does not seem to be analogous with the energy source implied with the observed phenomenon; on the other hand, a specific intensification of the transformation of chlorophyll... could be tied to the action of a type of electric energy field. "On the biochemical level, the analysis was made on the entirety of the factors of photosynthesis, lipids, sugars and amino acids. There were many differences between those samples further from the spot of the landing and those that were closer to the spot. "It was possible to qualitatively show the occurrence of an important event which brought with it deformations of the terrain caused by mass, mechanics, a heating effect, and perhaps certain transformations and deposits of trace minerals. "We cannot give a precise and unique interpretation to this remarkable combination of results. We can state that there is, nonetheless, another confirmation of a very significant event which happened on this spot."
Briefing document CUFOS, MUFON etc

The report thus explained that the young leaves had 30% less chlorophyll than equivalent leaves at a distance from the apparent landing site. The leaves were described as looking like young leaves but having the chemical composition of old leaves. The soil from the landing site was found to be compressed by some force and had been heated to a temperature of no more than 600degrees Celsius.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79f334aa6e03.jpg[/atsimg]

A further three unexplained incidents in France over subsequent years also resulted in trace evidence investigations...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04246c25f8a7.jpg[/atsimg]

These events were investigated by the GEPAN/SEPRA Project of France. They were a Govt. sanctioned committee tasked with investigating UFO phenomena. They compiled a thorough report that IIRC recommended the French Govt expand its investigations. The French Govt declined and I 'think' SERPA remains only as a past time for existing members.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Yes, the turbine-thing was yesterday. Lets move on to the other stuff being posted here...

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

I dont know about this thread, but the method is always the same and will always stay the same for those who have a preconception about something: Fixate on the stuff the could disprove it, ignore the stuff that supports it.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The incidents that interested me are the alleged incidens in the Soviet Union of ufos nearly launching ICBMs from missile bases. I dont know how true they are but it was recorded in the archives and many eyewitnesses also saw it happen. WHat about the alleged UFO that crashed in the Tien-Shan Mountains in 1991. Anyone else have any extra info on this one?
aboutfacts.net...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
The incidents that interested me are the alleged incidens in the Soviet Union of ufos nearly launching ICBMs from missile bases. I dont know how true they are but it was recorded in the archives and many eyewitnesses also saw it happen. WHat about the alleged UFO that crashed in the Tien-Shan Mountains in 1991. Anyone else have any extra info on this one?
aboutfacts.net...

GenRadek, here is some more info about that case, perhaps you find it interesting.

The incident of Shaitan Mazar began on August 28, 1991, at shortly before 5:00 P.M. An extremely large object approximately 600 meters long, and 110 meters in diameter appeared over the Caspian Sea, showing on radar screens of the tracking station on the Mangyshlak peninsula. Radar computations showed the object moving at the speed of 6,300 miles per hour, at an altitude of 21,000 feet. Tracking station operators immediately broadcast the "friend or foe" request. No response was received. The streaking craft was now considered an "intruder." The cosmodrome at nearby Kapustin Yar was contacted, requesting information on any test flights from the facility. The officer in charge replied that there were no test flights of any type, and that he, also, had the object on his radar screen. Operators at Mangyshlak issued a military alert.

Part one.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Part two.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We need to get our hands on some of these objects, metals or liquids folks. I wonder what the cover-up-patrol does with people who own such objects...

spacevisitor or anyone else: Any reports on objects or metals?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
We need to get our hands on some of these objects, metals or liquids folks. I wonder what the cover-up-patrol does with people who own such objects...

spacevisitor or anyone else: Any reports on objects or metals?

There's a good pdf document by Jaques Vallee. I'm not 100% convinced by his methodology in some areas. Nevertheless he offers some interesting information in the incidents listed...

A survey of ten cases of unexplained aerial phenomena accompanied by material residues shows a broad distribution of natural elements, many of which are metallic in nature. They can be roughly described as belonging in two categories: ª light materialsº of high conductivity such as aluminum, and ª slag-like materialsº reminiscent of industrial byproducts. Most of the cases under consideration strive to meet four criteria:
1) the literature gives sufficient ground to support the fact that an unusual aerial phenomenon occurred,
2) the circumstances of the actual recovery of the specimen are reported, 3) there is data to suggest that the specimen is in fact linked to the observed aerial object, and
4) physical analysis has been performed by a competent laboratory of known reliability.
Physical Analyses in Ten Cases of Unexplained Aerial Objects
with Material Samples

The table on Page 15 of the document is pretty interesting reading.

The Shag Harbor incident featured accounts by witnesses of a sulfurous smelling foam on the surface of the water. Since reading that I've noticed quite a few witness accounts that describe sulfurous smells. Skepticfiles provides a huge database of sightings recorded by Jaques Vallee. The accounts cannot be taken as definitive evidence yet there are several references to sulfurous smells. The accounts span decades and cover many countries. I've picked a random selection of the accounts and some are corroborated elsewhere.

I've no background in chemistry and can only wonder if there's an explanation for the recurring scent during alleged close encounters. Whatever your perspective, it's worth saving a copy of the pdf linked above as a signpost to some fascinating accounts...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thanks Kandinsky...

Any chemists around that could check out what kind of "light silvery alloy" that may be and why UFOs are frequently connected to sulfur?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I already posted some information here about that Skyfloating, it’s from Jacques F. Vallee, and it’s called “Journal of Scientific Exploration”.

reply to post by spacevisitor

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join