It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASEAN Summit Called Off as Thai Protesters Storm Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

ASEAN Summit Called Off as Thai Protesters Storm Site

www.truthout.org

Pattaya, Thailand - Thousands of protesters smashed through a glass entrance and stormed a hotel complex today during a key meeting of regional heads of state.

Thailand has declared a state of emergency in the summit's host city Pattaya and the annual meeting of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations has been called off. Other protests have now been reported in the northern city of Chaing Mai, where protesters have blocked a road, and in Udon Thani, where demonstrators have surrounded City Hall.

The widespread turmoil caps a week of anti-government protests that have paralyzed Bangkok and raised new fears about Thailand's political stability.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Now this is what I would like to see happen all over the world. The fact that these people hate the idea of a NWO and free trade so much that they risk everything to stand up in what they believe in is beautiful. It something I think the majority of Americans have lost and I really do hope it comes back soon, very soon.

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just the fact that these people are acting out, to do what they believe is right, means they need to get some more attention to their cause.

Of course, governments see people demanding rights, as extremist actions... that must be stopped. Depressing, seeing governments around the world preparing to fight the people, it seems.

Star,
Flag.

new topics

join