It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Get An Art Contest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was think "We have story contests, debates, peotry contests. Why not have an art contest?" so, can we have one?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

I believe that there are a few in BTS, such as this one in the "Member Art" forum.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I am not sure that qualifies as an art contest though.

It is more, getting paid with points for providing original artwork, to be used for tinwiki.

After doing an ATS search there have been a few art contests. Here is the link to the ATS search results. I didnt look to see how current these contests are though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this helps! Mabye there are some still active contests, if not, I am sure there will be in the future.

Although I did participate in the thread linked by S-dog. I got 6,500 points for my photographs!

I would love to see your work as well!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
*nods* I also participated in contributing my artwork to tinwiki. This way, you are rewarded, and you also help the wiki site!

It's great for everyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
There aren't any current art contests, though there are frequent avatar contests, usually with a holiday theme. (Halloween, Easter, Christmas etc...)

Chissler is usually the one who initiates these competitions, so I suggest U2Uing him, I will alert him to this thread, I've been looking for a reason to do some art lately...

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My ears are burning.

If there is interest in having a competition, I would love to have one. I've slacked off a bit with having these as they were slowly losing interest.

I'll initiate one in the next week or so and if we can get a positive turn out, we'll try to get one going each month.

They certainly are a lot of fun.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

An art competition would be fun. It would need some kind of subject distinctions and maybe media too? Some members are pretty good with the computer graphics. Also, at least one member is pretty damn good at art already...Masqua
Competition could be over before you reach for the gouache

top topics

join