It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peres threatens action against Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Peres threatens action against Iran

www.upi.com

JERUSALEM, April 12 (UPI) -- Israeli President Shimon Peres Sunday threatened to strike Iran if the Islamic republic fails to halt its nuclear program.

Peres, in an interview with Kol Hai Radio, urged Iranian President Mahmoud Admadinejad to enter into talks proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama. If Admadinejad ultimately fails to soften his nuclear stance, "we'll strike him," Peres said Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Its so strange that one of the youngest country which has 7 026 000 peoples, threatens country which is one of the oldest and has 71 208 000 people... Isnt it?

Ok - we all know how its possible, but still - I think its strange.

I dont see that there could came some end to this with negotiations - but Israel - if its not stopped soon enough, will force situation to the breaking point.

I think that israeli leaders cant even behave in negotiation rooms as respective diplomats - and situation goes to impossible in those tables, and leads to fights even in personal level.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I really dislike the way Israel has been acting toward the countries around it. Threatening war is not a game. Iran is a sovereign country and can have a nuclear program. The world does not need to be making decisions for them.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So Israel is basically saying that before June they'll strike Iran. Because Ahmanejidad is going to be kicked out of power at the next election.

Peres says he's not going alone against Iran, he'll go with the US. So when the attack come, Obama will have a part in it. He's giving time to the ``Obama diplomacy`` but he wanted a timetable... maybe the timetable is already set..

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I really dislike the way Israel has been acting toward the countries around it. Threatening war is not a game. Iran is a sovereign country and can have a nuclear program. The world does not need to be making decisions for them.

Dislike the way they are acting. What do you expect? They are surrounded by countries that hate them. They are just protecting themselves. Anyone who thinks Iran is pursuing Nuclear Power for peaceful purposes is insane. Isreal has every right to keep a nuclear weapon out of the hands of those who wish to destroy them. And yes, the world does need to make decisions for countries who are run by religious fanatics and insane people.

Khamenei remains a steadfast opponent of the State of Israel, Zionism, and the colonization of Palestine. In 2001 Khamenei famously remarked that "this cancerous tumor of a state [Israel] should be removed from the region" and that "no one will allow a bunch of thugs, lechers and outcasts from London, Washington and Moscow to rule over the Palestinians.
2001 Khamenei

Yeah, let this guy have a nuclear bomb. Good Idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So Israel is basically saying that before June they'll strike Iran. Because Ahmanejidad is going to be kicked out of power at the next election.

Peres says he's not going alone against Iran, he'll go with the US. So when the attack come, Obama will have a part in it. He's giving time to the ``Obama diplomacy`` but he wanted a timetable... maybe the timetable is already set..

Short of nuking the # out of Iran there's no way for Israel and the US to effectively wage war against that country or it's nuclear facilities.

The key is to put so much pressure on Iran so as to foment an internal revolution to overthrow the Mullahs. The only way to beat Iran is to win the war of IDEAS there.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Odd, but you don't think it's strange for a larger, older country of 71,208,000 to threaten to wipe out a newer, much smaller country of 7,026,000?

Had Iran kept its mouth shut about its intentions, it may have gotten away with it, but now that they've telegraphed their intentions to wipe Israel off the map, we've been given another glimpse of Iranian stupidity.

Ahamajackoff is about as bright as a black hole.

So now Iran has been given a choice. Eliminate their nuclear program, or let Israel eliminate their nuclear program?

Iran won't do it on their own. They're too stupid.

So it will be interesting to see how Israel pulls this off. Given a little time for planning, like maybe 12-36 hours, these guys consistently shock the hell out of their opponents time after time.

And they've been working on this for months. Should be good!

And it will likely astound the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Let them protect themselves then....dont expect help from anybody else though. What gives them the right to order the US to do that job for them?
If they think its unwise for Iran to be nuclear then surely the UN should be allowed be judge and jury. Isnt that what the UN was designed for?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Isreal is a lost soul. nobody loves them, everybody hates, i think they should go and eat worms.

let them poke the snake and when it strikes them on the neck we can all stand around and watch as the surrounding arab vultures pick at their eyes.
palestine would be saying come on bring about your own demise so we can pack your bones.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

As you probably well know Ahmadinejad never said to wipe Israel off the map as this has been argued many times.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Nice! And Peres clearly said "Admadinejad", so we could definitely be in a time frame that places the attack before the June elections. No need to "wait for it".

I could use a little apocalypse. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Not because I want to see apocalypse or anything.. but, well, you've gotta find out for yourself how desperate them aliens can make you -- you'd wish for anything. My . feels like it just wants to explode, as well as everything else on my body!

But anyway.. that should be fantastic. I bet Iran will whip their booty, until Israel pulls out the nukes.

America would be toast.. I mean, there's no way they can survive 3 wars all at the same time. This time, when the stock market crashes, the dollar will crash too. Up until now, they've been moving in opposite directions.

The price of gas would skyrocket.

Ok, no need to go on. Just can't wait! Hopefully that means my stomach stops growling, those mysterious folks stop chasing me around, and that I can get some rest for once -- just like the rest of you.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Had Iran kept its mouth shut about its intentions, it may have gotten away with it, but now that they've telegraphed their intentions to wipe Israel off the map, we've been given another glimpse of Iranian stupidity.

Ahamajackoff is about as bright as a black hole.

So now Iran has been given a choice. Eliminate their nuclear program, or let Israel eliminate their nuclear program?

Iran won't do it on their own. They're too stupid.

I disagree.

Every time I listen to the MSM, I hear fresh declarations about Israel threatening to attack Iran. Either that, or it's the declaration that Iran is a threat to the [entire world, Europe, US, Israel] (pick one or more).

The aggressors in the middle east are currently, and historically (20th century), the US and Israel. Honestly, I'm not even sure that the threats attributed to Ahmadinejad are true -- especially given the inaccuracies of the US MSM (well, "inaccuracies" is too kind; it's more like pro-Israeli outright lies actually).

When Israel finally acts out it's aggressor nature and attacks, I'm sure Iran will eliminate *all* their available weapons -- on Israeli's .. Since their nuke capability is NON-EXISTENT, I hope they utilize their BC weapons effectively.

The apartheid state of Israel is an embarrassment before the entire world.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Israel is insane not Iran. Iran is a peaceful country that has NOT declared war on a country for MANY decades. Israel on the other hand attacks and assassinates anyone for any reason. They were behind 9/11 as well as many other world event.s

Israel is evil.

Basically what Israel is saying is that America WILL back them up for a war with Iran, and you know how they will do that?

FALSE FLAGS ON THE U.S!

Now tell me who's psycho?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am wondering what Israel would consider a " successful " attack ?

Do you not think that Iran just might welcome an attack from Israel ? Would this not give Iran the " reason " they need to target Israel's leadership ?

Just how many well placed missiles would it take Iran to " force a change " in Israel's leadership ?

It may not be the goal of Israel , or the U.S for that matter , to change the government in Iran but you can bet that thats exactly what Iran will be trying to do to Israel if they are attacked .

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
reply to post by tide88

Iran is a peaceful country that has NOT declared war on a country for MANY decades.

Iran is a peaceful country

Iranian police tend to respond to peaceful political demonstrations by viciously beating and arresting protesters, who are then subject to further beatings, torture, sexual assault, and denial of medical treatment in prison. Iran formally executed 94 prisoners in 2005, and many more died in prison under mysterious circumstances

source

Amnesty is not allowed to carry out research in Iran, which is one of only a few countries, including China, Myanmar, North Korea and Turkmenistan, that are routinely closed to human rights organisations....Iran, said Amnesty, is second only to China in the number of executions recorded annually. At least 346 people were executed in 2008, including child offenders. Two executions were carried out by stoning.

Hmmmm. I wonder what the reason for this is.

The Iranian government's official policy has undercut efforts of the international community by rejecting a United Nations deadline to suspend Iran's nuclear program, threatening to quit the Non-Proliferation Treaty and vying that "nothing can stop Iran's path to nuclear technology." In anticipation of a stand off with the West Iran recently clinched agreements with eight different Middle East insurgency groups to carry out suicide attacks against Israeli, British and US interests across the world. Ironically this plan is called 'Judgment Day.'
source

Yeah. Iran is a real peaceful country.. You should move there.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

If you compare Iran to the US... Iran isnt that bad. They just dont like as much to their citizens as the US does.

Would you rather be arrested, beaten and abused, then told why you were arrested or arrested, beaten and detained and never given an answer?

[edit on 4/12/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow! Israel must think the world is brain dead or absent minded. Maybe we could just decide on an appropriately colored string to tie around our fingers to remember Israel wants to attack Iran?

The constant beating of war drums does not make the music more appealing.

Funeral dirges are not my idea of a catchy tune, but neither is that stuff those crazy Israeli's dance to.

There is not one thing in the Constitution, Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, or the Bill of Rights that suggests we should be funding and backing these religious extremists and psychopants.

I say it's time to remove this record from the collection. It's scratched, old, worn out, obsolete and keeps repeating itself in some senseless attempt to drive everyone insane.

Isreal needs to take a chill pill, and the people who think it needs defended at all costs ought to start out proving their point by getting their butts over there so we can all get on with a better life without you!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I was thinking that very same thought .

Also worth considering .....

The sabre rattling Israel has engaged in , in the run up to the Presidential elections in Iran ...... ensures that Iran remains "hawkish" , returning a victory for the hard-line candidate .

You don`t want a "peacemaker" for opposition ...... when you need a pretext for war .
IMHO.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I hope we DO NOT attack Iran out of fear. America DOES have the ability to shut down Iran, Irans Nuclear facilities, its military, communications and just about anything else without putting one boot or nuke on the ground. All this could be done with minimal loss to the US forces and inside 2 months. Yes, American Aircraft would likely initially take some losses but it would be insignificant.

Doing this would be stupid though. Becoming there friends and slowly changing their view of us, and reducing their fear of us and the rest of the world, would be a better alternative to more deaths.

Eventually, as trust developes they could be coerced into the modern age and begin droping some of the archaic religious beliefs that cause some to become radical and murderous. Killing more them will only create more hate in new generations. If only Bush had a brain...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Israel was written off in 1948, as they were told the ground would be soaked with their blood.

Just like I'm hearing on this post.

Israel was written off in 1967 due to the large force arrayed against them from three sides, with much the same line of thought and destroy Israel rhetoric.

Just as I'm hearing on this post.

Israel was written off in 1973, as they were surprised by vastly superior forces.

Just like I'm hearing on this post.

Whatever goes down, anyone want to put some money on Israel being destroyed?

I guarantee you, it won't happen. Israel apparently is destined to be hated, despised, attacked, and yet prevail.

I love it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join