It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS 10 Page Memo on Rightwing extremists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A few thoughts -

1.) The emphasis (or more correctly the subject) on "rightwingers" really is disturbing. Seriously seems very politicized because of the current "left" administration / leadership.

* (U) Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and
adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups),
and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or
rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a
single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

2.) I wasn't aware that all hate groups were rightwing extremists. I've seen a lot of leftwing extremist hate too.

3.) "Rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority" - Does this mean that all of the many state governments that have passed States Rights Resolutions are rightwing extremists and are to be watched closely?

4.) Seems as if their minds were made up a long time ago that if a black man was elected President then there would be a lot of hate crimes because of it. I have seen absolutely zero evidence of this and am glad of it. However, THEY will not let this perceived-in-their-own-minds threat go. They've convinced themselves of it and so it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by cnichols

Doesn't the Constitution give the majority of power to the States or The People??

The Federal government has been eradicating the perception of State's rights ever since the Civil War.

Do keep in mind that the repealing of segregation was a situation in which the federal gov had to over ride STATES rights in order to ensure HUMAN rights.

States rights are not inherently good or evil, so they should never be blindly supported nor attacked.

Hahahahaaaaa... Silly.... Segregation was never a "states rights" either singularly or as used in this context. You are in no way educated on the meaning of States Rights. Go read the definition and history of states rights and come back when you're educated.

Edit to add: Oh, and the federal government can NEVER legally override States Rights in ANY instance.

[edit on 13/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by cnichols

Doesn't the Constitution give the majority of power to the States or The People??

The Federal government has been eradicating the perception of State's rights ever since the Civil War.

Do keep in mind that the repealing of segregation was a situation in which the federal gov had to over ride STATES rights in order to ensure HUMAN rights.

States rights are not inherently good or evil, so they should never be blindly supported nor attacked.

Hahahahaaaaa... Silly.... Segregation was never a "states rights" either singularly or as used in this context.

Actually it was. Remember that even though LBJ signed the civil rights act, it was seen as an affront on states rights.

Anyone who is black and over 60 can tell you that.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by freeordie

Okay, guess what I came up with.....proof - if you believe him or not.... but

Alex Jones checked this out, he said.

He called the number.

here is the link:
www.prisonplanet.com...

However, probably as a result of a concerned whistleblower, the secret document has been leaked to the Internet. Alex Jones called the numbers listed on the document and validated its authenticity. He contacted the “watch captain” at the Department of Homeland Security’s National Infrastructure Coordinating Center who confirmed the product number on the document as legitimate but would not comment further. A call to the FBI went unanswered.

So, anybody here want to also call the number?

I think I just might....

Expressing concern about concentration camps, illegal immigration, the economy and martial law is also characterized by implication as a potential indication of terrorist activity.

HMMM... question..... does that mean they consider all of us, who question what is going on..... Now Terrorist?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Just curious, how did Timothy McVeigh get all these "powerful" and "sophisticated" explosives devices into the Murrah Federal Building? I thought he used nitrate fertilizer and diesel fuel in a Ryder rental truck. I guess the OKC bomb squad, TV anchors, reporters, police spokesmen and Oklahoma governor were just confused:

he didn't. he used a rental uhaul truck filled with a fertilizer based explosive. biased the explosion direction by using bricks on the far side of the truck cargo box.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
WND put an article on their site about this document, last night. Homeland Security on Guard for Right Wing Extremists

Also, if you don't think a pdf file from Hal Turner is legit, try getting it from Roger Hedgecock's website. It's downloadable in a few places online.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
the Homeland Security On Guard for Right-wing Extremists piece is now on drudge.com

I guess "Right-wing Extremist" is the new obama phrase used for
"We the people"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bejing
the Homeland Security On Guard for Right-wing Extremists piece is now on drudge.com

I guess "Right-wing Extremist" is the new obama phrase used for
"We the people"

You've got it. They're also using the same mantra for the Tea Parties. They're trying to pin the tea parties on the Republican Party and I think it's because they're actually very afraid that it's NOT the Rep. Party's doing.
It's grass roots for the most part and the stupid party is jumping on our bandwagon. We need to knock them off the wagon and let them know that this is our wagon and our wagon alone - we're Americans, period!

As a tea party organizer (looking at a forecast of rain for tomorrow :-( ) I can't tell you how many people have told me this line, "I have never in my entire life participated in a protest but I am going to be at this one!!" The majority of the people at these tea parties are going to be every day Joes that aren't politically involved beyond going to an election booth every couple of years and filling in the ballot. They are stoked about these tea parties. That says A LOT and it has congress and the administration running scared. I think that this DHS report is a form of intimidation. WE WILL NOT SHUT UP AND GO AWAY. Sorry Mr. President, but we're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it any more. Oh, and by the way, I'm not sending tea bags to Washington. I think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
It's a mockery.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Washington Times Story

This news is getting to the mainstream for sure and is picking up steam. According to the article, it seems they are not merely concerned with:

"rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority. "It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," the warning says.

I am %$#@^@& pissed. I cannot believe what I am seeing anymore. This country is screwed. I have believed it for a long time but this just seals it for me. The land of the free will be forgotten in time, lost to the memories of generations to come because history is written by the elite and the victorious. Unless our military stands up for the letter of the constitution as amended, we have no chance. DAMN I can't even see straight I'm so

[edit on 15-4-2009 by obilesk]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

I dearly love how those on the right wing of American politics are NOW up in arms over the perception that they are being singled out for harassment. I mean, it was the right wing who, over the past seven years, horrahed and cheered on the creeping surveillance state being imposed upon us by Bush. Remember FISA (or the complete disregard of it)? Remember the Patriot act? Remember Cheney arguing that we had to go to "the dark side" to obtain information regardless where that information was? Remember telling all your liberal friends who said "this is a stupid idea" that they were part of the problem and that they hated America (or some such variation of that nonsense).

Where were all the "libertarians" (quotes intentional) and neo-cons when this came out? FBI Watched Activist Groups Why did you not stomp your feet in angry protest when it was those of us on the other side of the spectrum being survailed? Animal rights groups, groups to help alliviate poverty? GO GET EM right? Stormfront, and Hal Turner, leave em alone, they've done nothing wrong! I mean, really?

It is funny that you all scream that this proves "Obama's fascism" is on the March. But when Bush was doing this it was A-ok. Because the cameras of government intrusion were trained on you. You are not allowed to complain about what you helped to create can you?

Two other things: nice to see you on the side of personal liberty again, where have you been the last 7 years.
Enjoy your steaming cup of righteous hypocrisy will you?

Obs out

[edit on 15-4-2009 by observer]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I mean, it was the right wing who, over the past seven years, horrahed and cheered on the creeping surveillance state being imposed upon us by Bush.

1) Whoever went around cheering for Bush's empire wars and liberty killing is a moron. He was about as "Conservative" as Stalin.

2) This right/left nonsense is s sign of mental immaturity. It's fine to buy into the game in high school but any adult still buying into the right/left game should be ashamed.

3) Lets assume there is some right and left differentiation and that these so-called right-wingers really support their absolute rule by an alleged right-wing individual but for some reason oppose their absolute rule by a left-wing individual and all the ridiculous absurdity of the modern political illusion is true. Does that mean it's okay to be oppressed by "your guy" because they oppressed you with "their gauy?"

Maybe Americans really do deserve all that's happening to them.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

1) Whoever went around cheering for Bush's empire wars and liberty killing is a moron.

I agree with you 100%

He was about as "Conservative" as Stalin.

Yet he was voted into office in 2004 by an overwhelming number of self-identified "right-wing" or "conservative" people.

2) This right/left nonsense is s sign of mental immaturity. It's fine to buy into the game in high school but any adult still buying into the right/left game should be ashamed.

If you really believe this then why were you not on here from 2006 on (when you joined) to disabuse the scathing, factually irrelevant feces throwing that progressives had to deal with on these forums? Why is it only NOW that left/right ideologies are "mentally immature"? These ideological frameworks were fine while there were other people in the White House and the progressives were in exile, now they are for simpletons? I will agree however, that nothing attempting to distill ones entire political thoughts into "left or right" is silly. There are more shades of grey and nuance then most will allow themselves to contemplate.

3) Lets assume there is some right and left differentiation and that these so-called right-wingers really support their absolute rule by an alleged right-wing individual but for some reason oppose their absolute rule by a left-wing individual and all the ridiculous absurdity of the modern political illusion is true. Does that mean it's okay to be oppressed by "your guy" because they oppressed you with "their gauy?"

In a word, no. I just find the hypocrisy delicious.

obs out

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Evidenatlly, the DHS has never been to liberal rally....Throwing pies, not letting people speak, hi-jacking church services....etc....

Now I'm a radical according to the Dept of Homeland Security…and targeting ex-soldiers as potential right wing radicals…No it's because they fought to defend the CONSTITUTION and I believe the armed forces have a better understanding of what the constitution stands for more than their own Commander and Chief. And frankly, that frightens the hell out of the BIG BROTHER. President Obama sees the constitution as some old dusty document that is outdated. Our Founding Fathers knew this would happen that is why the Constitution was written the way it was to limit the power of Government.

"Never waste a Crisis!"…

I'd be more suspicious of someone who spent 20 years in a racist church and lied about the contents of the church's message than someone who doesn't believe in the eternal expansion of the Government's power. This is truly scary stuff…

…I'm moving to Texas…It seems to be the only place making sense to me right now. I can't sit idle by and watch the destruction of capitalism, freedom, and everything our forefather's and those who came before us fought and died for. This is a shame. I apologize for my passion on this subject but I truly feel were headed down the wrong path at a break-neck pace. But I guess that makes me a target of Homeland Security….what a joke this country has become in a few short months….

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I apologize in advance for those of you who have seen this clip.

I am posting it because of the amazing tendency of people to buy into the left-right paradigm as the media and political-machinery have trained us over the years.

Please accept that I am not saying anyone posting here is wrong or right. I am saying that the notion of left and right "wing" ideologies is a muddled, misunderstood, and often confused jumble of non-fact.

While the establishment will clearly continue to label many citizens as 'this or that'..., Constitutional adherents must resist the word game..., as it is an unrealistic categorization that reveals little about the subject, and much more about those who throw the term around, like they actually know what they are talking about.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
No, the want to exterminate those of us that are against the fascist plans of the Obama administration. If we pull out our guns and start shooting, that gives them the ability to turn to the rest of America and say, "See, didn't we tell you these people were crazy? They must be dealt with." This memo demonizes anyone with ideas that are contrary to the administration.

lol

Who actually commissioned this report?

These sort of government documents usually take a while to put together.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Duh, double post. My bad.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by melatonin]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

I would also like to add to this post by stating that the likelihood of this report being created by a political appointee is almost nil. This was most likely written by a career DHS employee whose job it is to look at the whole scope of potential threats in the U.S.
I think DHS would be derelict in its duties to not look at the extreme wings of both side of the political spectrum, form the McVeigh type right to the Earth Liberation Front left.

Threats is threats!

obs out

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by observer

Aye, but it would likely have been commissioned by some bigwig in either the Obama or Bush administration. It's rhetorical anyway, lol. The answer's pretty obvious.

But, true, threats are threats...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

linky

[edit on 15-4-2009 by melatonin]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So you're finally getting a taste of what muslims have dealt with for 8 years?

Muslim extremists attack WTC - 2001
Conservative government starts singling out anyone known to be muslim and investigates them, several ending up on a 'no fly list' for no reason other than their religion

2008 - Conservative Republicans loose election and turn bitterly vengeful with talks of assassination and hate speech

A DHS list is compiled of known conservative radicals for investigation

You reap what you sew.
I hope you are able to see the flaw in your ways, so next time, you can treat others the way you wish to be treated.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

Well............there you go!! You CAN become a 'terrorist' without owning a gun!! Fricking insane, people! I am, also, real tired of the left vs right mentality displayed by some here. This has nothing to do with one political party - it has EVERYTHING to do with both political parties!! When will some of you finally get that - when it's too late?!?!?

A day does not go by now that I do not hear about the 'right wing extremists' on any damn news channel on TV - and it's all thru out the day they are talking about it. I believe they are making the masses aware of folks like us that question what the government does by labelling us as terrorists. So I firmly believe that the day is quickly approaching when those who would like to honor the Constitution (which the gov does not) will be treated as enemies of the state and a severe danger to the masses at large!!

Folks.......the sheeple are listening to this being drilled into their heads and buying into what the governemtn is telling them. Do you not see this?!?!?!? Alot of the public where I live do not believe anything is wrong!!! They did not see any threat to their freedom - they just live their self contained little lives as if all is honky dory. When, in fact, the very document that gave them their little care free lives is being shredding daily.

People, like myself, who want to get back to the way it needs to be are going to become common criminals in the general public's mind. Worse than criminals.....damn TERRORISTS!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join