It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Bob's Interview Fallout Continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Billy Bob's Interview Fallout Continues

www.popeater.com

Billy Bob Thornton's wacked-out interview continues to have repercussions.

The actor's band, the Boxmasters, canceled the rest of its Canadian tour after Thornton compared the country's fans to mashed potatoes with no gravy in a testy interview earlier this week with CBC Radio.

Fury from Canadian offices started shortly after the interview Thursday when the Boxmasters opened for Willie Nelson on Thursday in Toronto, where they reportedly were booed and met with catcalls of "Here comes the gravy."

A note posted on Nelson's Web site Friday said the Boxmasters were canceling the rest of their Canadian dates "due to one band member and several of the crew having the flu."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What's going on with Billy Bob Thornton? Just a month ago we saw that bizarre appearance by Joaquin Pheonix and now this crazy behavior by Billy Bob.

Billy Bob's band, the Boxmasters is (was) opening for Willie Nelson on a Canadian tour. This is not a good way to get it started off. What the hell was Thornton thinking?

It's hard to figure out if he thinks he's being funny or if he's seriously not right... in the head. Anyway, he insulted the Canadian public and as could be expected, they're quick to react. It was announced immediately after this bizarre radio interview that Billy Bob's band had cancelled the balance of their Canadian tour.

The truth is probably closer to "Willie Fires the Boxmasters". Nelson has always had a fabulous rapport with Canada and Canadians and there's no doubt he wants that to continue. I'd love to hear Willie's thoughts on it, but no doubt he'll play it down in the media. But I'll bet he's absolutely steamed at Thornton.

What do you think? Is this bizarre behavior by some of Hollywood's interesting characters just some sort of attention gathering tactic, or are they truly losing it?

www.popeater.com

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

What's going on with Billy Bob Thornton? Just a month ago we saw that bizarre appearance by Joaquin Pheonix and now this crazy behavior by Billy Bob.

Billy Bob's band, the Boxmasters is (was) opening for Willie Nelson on a Canadian tour. This is not a good way to get it started off. What the hell was Thornton thinking?

It's hard to figure out if he thinks he's being funny or if he's seriously not right... in the head. Anyway, he insulted the Canadian public and as could be expected, they're quick to react. It was announced immediately after this bizarre radio interview that Billy Bob's band had cancelled the balance of their Canadian tour.

The truth is probably closer to "Willie Fires the Boxmasters". Nelson has always had a fabulous rapport with Canada and Canadians and there's no doubt he wants that to continue. I'd love to hear Willie's thoughts on it, but no doubt he'll play it down in the media. But I'll bet he's absolutely steamed at Thornton.

What do you think? Is this bizarre behavior by some of Hollywood's interesting characters just some sort of attention gathering tactic, or are they truly losing it?

www.popeater.com

I actually saw that radio interview and he was indeed acting in a very bizare manner.

Who knows what problems he might be facing atm?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Thornton compared the country's fans to mashed potatoes with no gravy

Hmmm, what exactly does that mean? I'm not sure if it is an insult or what. I happen to like mashed potatoes without gravy. I prefer butter.

Anyway, no big loss I'm sure. I didn't even know he had a band until this broke in the news.

I wonder whose band is better, Billy Bob's or Kevin Costner's?

top topics

join