It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashed over Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hello,
I was discussing the Somali pirate situation with a retired veteran that I've known for about 3 years, vis a vis the rules of engagement that have been preventing the Navy from resolving the situation. Well, that's just one example. Anytime I cite anything less than "in praise of Obama," he either gets disillusioned or mad as hell. He labeled me a reactionary.

He is totally smoked on Barry Soetoro (aka. Obama) and has no idea why. His only justification for supporting Obama is, "I've always voted Democrat all my life." He sees Obama as the Messiah and the Savior, but has no clue as to why. What really gets him, is when I question Soetoro's place of birth (Mombassa, Kenya vs. Hawaii) - he considers the word of ABC/NBC/CBS to be final.

I'll appreciate your insights.,

For the record, I can't stand the sight of Soetoro, McCain, Bush, or any other Illuminati members; Soetoro is just wrecking the country faster. And no, I won't wear/accept the mandatory veri-chip chip implant..
(edit is a spell check)

[edit on 12/4/09 by Adonsa]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think there are a lot of us seeing this in the folks that we know and love.
What happens when a persons back is up against the wall - or extremely fearful?
They pray - even if they don't "believe" at other times in their lives -
they will believe in times of emergency.
They will look outside of themselves to "anything" that will save them from this emergency.

What is happening in the world right now?
Our backs are up against the wall - there is an emergency.
We don't know what is next - it all looks so out of control. It's scary.
So what do we do -
Usher in a man who can "save us" -

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

He sees Obama as the Messiah and the Savior, but has no clue as to why

perhaps he's rather defensive because of your completely obtuse approach to how he views his politics.

I highly doubt he has an Obama shrine to which he prays every night before falling asleep to go frolic in Obamaland.

Gross exaggerations created from frustrations like yours are what cause a lot people to lash back like your 'friend' did.

Me and my friends have drastic differences on politics as well. But we don't call each other names behind each other's backs.

Maybe you should ask yourself if you're judging him too hard...and if you were him, how good of a friend would you consider *you* to be?

there's nothing wrong with having beliefs that go against the norm. You mention illuminati, etc etc, which tells me that you think Bush and Obama and everyone are involved in some conspiracy organization that was created with the sole intention of taking over the planet.

Main stream public opinion of this would be one of undesirable reception for you.....so perhaps you should exercise a little modesty in your approach of your beliefs? You'd receive much less criticism....nobody likes someone taking themselves too seriously by screaming from a mountain top.

Your friend being 'loyal' to the POTUS is no different in conviction than your own convictions in believing everyone is involved in a conspiracy to rule the world.

My guess if you were to change your approach, perhaps your friend might change his as well.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hello Fremd,

You're exactly right. Surely, I just didn't figure it all out. I really wrote all that? Sheesh! I must have been nuts! Oh well, I should live up my newly acquired reputation.

Obviously, I just blew my last chance to disrespect Barry Hussein Soetoro; if I do it again then someone from the [disparately needed] 250,000 man National Civilian Security Force will be knocking on my door. www.worldnetdaily.com...

Gotta be positive - the Workers' Paradise, Collective Farming, wage equalisation, the NAU, the NWO, full globalisation and more! - lots to look forward to.

Gotta go! Gotta go to nK for a sneak preview what the future holds.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

I'll appreciate your insights.,

Obviously not.

I try to offer an opposing view and you respond with bitter sarcasm.

Don't ask a question if there's a chance you might not like the answer.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Think of it this way.
When all you've been forced to eat is nothing but bologna sandwiches for 8 years and all of a sudden they change the menu and now you're feasting on beans and rice, you'd be smoked on Barry too.

People will eventually start asking for sandwiches again.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd

perhaps he's rather defensive because of your completely obtuse approach to how he views his politics.

It doesnt get much more obtuse than:

"I've always voted Democrat all my life."
does it?

I mean, to me, if somebody simply votes a party line as a matter of course they really have no business voting. That behavior damages the relevancy of the whole process. But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes, actually it does get much more obtuse.

These are two friends talking to each other

"i've voted democrat my whole life"

vs

"what kind of idiot is smoking the barry weed on the obamawagon, what an idiot, what's wrong with this guy"

That's ignorance vs obtuse

saying "i've voted democrat my whole life" is a personal preference, just because you happen to disagree with it doesnt mean it's a wrong choice for him to make.
I know people who always vote republican...are you going to tell them that they're wrong? Of course not - you're a republican...you agree with them...but thats where your hypocrisy shines greatly.

claiming to be someone's friend to their face, and then blasting them like the OP did, is being obtuse. If you think it's the same thing, then you're not too much different

asking for, and saying you appreciate, any insight, then blasting the insight given is another form of asinine behavior.

It is what it is.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Fremd]

top topics

join