It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim world against Christians and Jews

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Can someone explain me why is there such a big "hate" between Muslims on one side and Jewis and Christians on the other side. Not just today...look back in the history and you will see how many wars were fought between those religions. Is it all about religion or is it all about powerty and world domination. Or is it something else. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
www.hallindseyoracle.com...

This explains a lot. Basically, the regiemes are telling the people that we are demons, or extreamly evil people. And so is anyone that is not Muslim.

[Edited on 4-2-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No, it explains the catholic slanted way. Catholic church attacked them in four wars, the Crusades. Why? They have land that never belonged to us but we want it so it is rightfully ours!

Nowadays psychos, not Mauslims, say we evil. Back then it was the pope's in power who started the wars. Today it is our fear of a psycho with a nuke.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Catholic church attacked them in four wars, the Crusades. Why? They have land that never belonged to us but we want it so it is rightfully ours!

James, without these crusades, we were all muslims.

These crusades saved us from them.

I know that you don't like the Catholic Church, but that's not a reason to write that " we " were the bads and them, the " goods ".

- Muslim tryed many times to ovverun europe. ( spain, yougoslavia, austria, bulgaria, roumania,italy,france,greece... )
- Muslim were killing the jews and the christians, everywhere.
- Muslims boats were attackings, in the mediterean sea, all the boats who weren't muslims.

These crusades were vital for our survive.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One big dif. between Mauslim and Catholic church, mauslim tried, Catholic succeeded. The church takes over and into the dark ages we go.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We are regarded as �The Great Satan�, which is a name reserved for the supreme enemy of Islam.

This is what Hussein and his regime tell the people we are. It's like the salem witch trials, or the red scare, the people are afraid, but they dare not cross thier country or society(but in this case religion). So they believe.

They are afraid for themselves. But they are right in a way, we do corrupt people and breed ignorance into our younger generations. This could be considered the acts of "The Great Satan". But then again, so could their leaders' acts.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
jealousy on a level ... but way more then that on other levels.

the powers of satan are at work to hide,disrupt and confuse the truth from people.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You are all so wrong, the one simple root of all the hate between Islam and Christianity (not sure of why they hate jews, probably because we simply gave them some land, and Muslims are not very religiously tollerant), but the reason is because Christianity worships "Three Gods" while Islam worships just one, "allah".

That is the root, all the hatred over the years stem now from that, in the past, Islam conquered Jerusalem, starting the crusades.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ummm nah.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
LoL, This coming from someone who thinks it is the "powers of satan".

Islam believes in "ONE GOD" while Christianity believes in "THREE GODS" ask some of our resident muslims.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
LoL, This coming from someone who is a Freemason.

I know better then to beleive in a Freemason.

Anyways... you misunderstood my small post. (it was rather vague anyways).
What im saying is that I dont believe in your view of the root problem. I know about the one god three god deal... that i know..nothing new lol. Thats a big difference between the religions. However my opinion is its deeper then what you are saying is the root problem. The root that you are mentioning in my opinion is a surface issue. But thats my opinion. Anyways.... So who cares.. people have different views all the time... thats life. Lets just agree to disagree.

Its all conjecture anyways... realtive... opininated.

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by krossfyter]

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
OK, in the beginning of Islam, christians were freinds with the muslims. However this changed as Islam spread West and conquered previously Christian countries, and threatened the heart of europe itself.

In response to pleas from Constantinople - the major christian city in the east - that the Muslims were going to over run them, and to meet some internal political and economic factors the crusades were organized to drive back the Muslims and "free" the holy land.

As usual in wars religion was used to incite the people but the underlying reason was politics and power. The princes who lead the crusades were landless because they were the younger sons, and wanted to win a kingdom. Europe was in poverty with many unemployed and dissatisfied men around. What better way to employ people and get riches than to start a war.

So the battle between the two had been waged long before the crusades, and continued long after. Most of Northern Africa was Christian, as was Turkey. The muslims almost destroyed Austria and nearly reached the heartland of Europe.

If it wasn't for the crusades, as Byrd said, we would all be islamic now.

Many people who know little of history or Christianity are suckered in to the islamic story that the crusades were bad, and the christianity is bad because of it. Yet Islam committed as great acts of war, and still do, in the name of their religion long after Christianity has passed over as an excuse to kill others.

Islam IS a religion of war. When I was in Instanbul I saw a letter from Mohammed to a village that said "Become muslim or die" and that philosophy is repeated even today...

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
so umm netchicken do you beleive the crusaders were of Christ? acting out from a following of God?

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well your average joe peasant may have thought he was serving God. And there was a religious monk called Peter the Hermit who roused the people to follow him to war.

But under it all the crusades was about power.... God can bring good out of it and don't forget he used the babalonian sacking of Jerusalem to teach the Israelites a lesson.

Christianity grows fastest when its under persecution. Europe was evangelised by the slaves taken from Jerusalem after it fell and the persecuted christians scattered through the world. China today is the perfect example of that as well.

So whether we became muslim or not the christians would still prevail. In Iran I read that many would leave Islam if they had the freedom, and that there are many underground churches around.

God knows and takes care of his own
... this life is not that important ...

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I know that most of you will not believe me, but at this era, the european economy was thriving.

The muslims knew it, and that's why they overunned many european nation. Don't forget that they were living in the middle of nowhere. Only sands and stones.

But europe was green, fertile and was becoming rich. So, europe was very attractive for them.

Look what they are doing now. It's not different. When they can do it, they are comming in Occident ( The USA & The EU ). They are jealous from us and our wealthy way of life.

Like they don't know how to have, by their own, what we have, they want to destroy us.

" I can't be like you ? I can't have what you have ? Right, I'll kill you all !!! "

Allah is an excuse for their jealousy and greeds. And of course, WE are responsible for their situation !!!

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you think about it it's true, muslims seem to cause a lot of religious problems. Their religion is the most evalgelical, which basically means if you are a non-beliver, you are not worth bothering with, evil...whatever.
They also have issued a lot of propaganda regarding the 9/11 attack.....that it was fake, all the usuall stuff etc. The tapes of osama bin laden were made up, photos were doctored...etc.etc.

Also, they seem to have this thing about free masonry..that the western government consist of free masons and they are antichrists and controll the way we live.......apparently madonna and michael jackson have free mason connections as the 'one eye' has been seen on album covers. They have use back tracking examples too......not that i can hear it but there u go.....
and the director of the simpsons is meant to be an anarchist.........
Aids was also a man made diseade the purpose of which to create fear within humans and a need for security so they can know every aspect of our lives through ID cards........tell me what u think!!

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I believe the conflict between the Jews and Arabs goes back to the time of Abraham, whom both consider to be their patriarch. Both Arabs and Jews trace their lineage directly to Abraham, both nations are actually from the same Father. It's not uncommon for siblings to argue and fight, especially when an inhertance is concerned. Abraham rejected the line of decendents that were from his Egyptian concubine according to the Old Testament.

It is well known to Muslims, Christians and Jews that Abraham was ordered to sacrifice his son and he was willing to do so but God gave him a sheep to sacrifice instead of his cherished progeny. So far, everybody agrees. However, Jews and Christians say that the sacrificed was Isaac -"Abraham's only son", whereas according to the Islamic tradition the sacrificed is Ishmael. The opposition between the two versions has not bothered any side that much because in the common mind "what we think is certainly right and those who think differently are necessarily wrong".

According to the Qur'�n, the sacrificed cannot be Isaac. According to authentic Islamic tradition, the sacrificed is Ishmael. The Muslim scholars have solved this case a long time ago and, very early in the history of Islam, the popular Islamic tradition has integrated the fact that Ishmael was the sacrificed.

Consider the Old Testament verses below:

Ishmael was Abraham's son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid, bare unto Abraham.

And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac. But unto the sons of the concubines, which Abraham had, Abraham gave gifts, and sent them away from Isaac his son, while he yet lived, eastward, unto the east country.

And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham begat Isaac. And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian. And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus?

And she went to enquire of the LORD. And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

The current hostilities have been present for thousands of years. The Palestinians would naturally be angry and resent the Jewish exodus of 1947. Suddenly, the Palestinain state has a new and unwanted arrival of age old hated enemies. The Jews of course feel that
Jerusalem belongs to them. It was called the City of David by them ever since King David captured it from the Jebsuites - 2 Samuel 5:

The king and his men marched to Jerusalem to attack the Jebusites, who lived there. The Jebusites said to David, "You will not get in here; even the blind and the lame can ward you off." They thought, "David cannot get in here." Nevertheless, David captured the fortress of Zion, the City of David.

Here's a link that describes how the Qur'�n records a completely different set of beliefs by the Arabs.

Link: www.islamic-awareness.org...

After checking this link, you can see that the Arabs truly BELIEVE that they should own Abraham's inheritance, not the Jews. Since we're considering not just a land dispute but also differing ideologies - it's easier to understand why feelings on both sides run do deep. They can both point to their Sacred Texts to prove that they are right. They both believe that their God gave them the land and will support their efforts to own it.

Food for thought,
Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Now, it might be that I'm not religious, but I think the whole thing is wrong. Why couldn't they have just formed into one country(Pisrael).

I mean, we live in a country(usa) that is a big collection of different religions, and you don't see us shooting each other in the street.

We have both muslims and jews, not to mention christians, prodenstants, lutherans, aethiests, realiens, mormens, and buddists(just a few), and we still exist.

So why can't they?

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I dont blame him though because he has no idea what he's talking about, at all..

without these crusades, we were all muslims.

first of all , the crusades failed so hard... muslims defeated them with ease... most of the crusades didnt even reach jerusalem... they conquered other lands and forced their religion upon those people like they do today.

freemason is probably the closest one to the truth in this topic.

Muslim tryed many times to ovverun europe. ( spain, yougoslavia, austria, bulgaria, roumania,italy,france,greece... )

how is that different than what the romans did?? how come when muslims try to take over they're all bad but when romans did it they were saints.. oh yea, i know.. cuz romans were christians and muslims were muslim.

it was the catholic church that plunged europe into the dark ages and it was islam that RESURRECTED them out of the dark ages... read why dont you.

Muslim were killing the jews and the christians, everywhere.

heaven help us all if all christians believe this like this

muslims were killing jews and christians? WRONG

christians WERE killing muslims and jews

in the islamic empire, muslims, jews, and christians lived in PEACE.. they were neighbors practically but it was different in christendom europe when christians persecuted both muslims and jews..,

christianity is the only religion that they gag down their religion to you... Islam back then had very STRICT laws that forbid non-arabs converting to islam? why. because it was a religion only for the ARABS.

if it wasnt for those laws, this entire world will be muslim because muslim was and still is the fastest growing religion... and who were and still are the number one converts to islam? CHRISTIANS.

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Illmatic67]

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Deep that is an awesome explanation

Thats really true about the 2 cultures being one, there is a place somewhere that describes the ancesters of the arabs as being a people who would wander everywhere and who would fight brother against brother.

Worth noting that the quaran version is the wrong one ... as the jewish version - the original - is 4500 years older.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join