It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking out is Treason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Speaking out is Treason

A relative who is a soldier in one of the middle east hot spots just emailed that a military radio station is running ads telling the soldiers that it will be considered an act of treason if they speak out against the pres. or any other government officail. Any one ever hear of this before?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
this scares me immensely I have been trying to keep this relative update on what is happening here at home because they dont get alot of accurate news, but I have never heard of this going on over a military run radio station, I questioned my husband who is former military and spent alot of time overseas, he had never heard anything like tha tbeing broadcast either. Sound more and more like Nazi Germany to me. What do you think?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Actually I do beleive it is frowned upon and the UCMJ does allow for charges to be brought. The military has been riding a wave of patriotism and belief in what they were doing since 9/11, but reality about the mishandling of aspects in the WOT and lies about why we were going into Iraq have probably hit home for alot of 2nd and 3 timers. They are probably making thier voices heard and the military is "reminding" them about it. Here is a source:
UCMJ

[edit on 12-4-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do you have a source?

And I don't believe this. Can you please give a source? I don't like it when people make stuff up...

Sorry I have to do this because it says 200 characters minimum... I don't know why...

So... let me ask you do you have a source?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lol.

Right now this sounds about as credible as crocodile piss. Especially the way it's worded.

A relative who is a soldier in one of the middle east hot spots

Friend's, cousin's, girlfriend's, dog's, wife's, friend told me the guy with the shirt over at the place with the thing....

Yeah, I'm buying it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Actually to you doubters, I was ready for this to happen, I see it all the time on ATS. The broadcast ads came over Armed Forces Radio, and the person is my brother who is in Iraq currently( and no, no real names for obvious reasons,) I tried to pull up armed forces radio so I could hear the ads myself, but Im on dial up and at 45.5 kbps it wont run. When I get to work in the morning, Ill see if I can pull it up and listen to it, unless you'd like to do it your self. When he emailed, he asked if I here in the states had heard anything about this, and I said no. My post simply asked if anyone else had heard it. Doubt if you choose, no difference to me. I know the truth
Rossa

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

So this isn't even a valid news article? It's just your own speculation and hearsay?

Why post this in Breaking News then?

This should be reposted to a general conspiracy section mate.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry, Im sorta new at this, Ive been a lurker a long time, and just recently started adding my 2 sense. I thought I was in the right place, but guess not. todjvexed, thanks for the link, it was interesting, and I think you might be right.
Rossa

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Lol.

Right now this sounds about as credible as crocodile piss. Especially the way it's worded.

A relative who is a soldier in one of the middle east hot spots

Friend's, cousin's, girlfriend's, dog's, wife's, friend told me the guy with the shirt over at the place with the thing....

Yeah, I'm buying it.

here ill rush off and get it stamped by one of the random news journalists that fox/cbs/cnn/msnbc and make it worth reading for ya.. that would instantly make this gospel.

If you need more, probably can pay for a represenative or dear god official then its undisbuted fact if questioned you get arrested for !!! Services $$

-edit Due to technical difficulties the above reply was already put in before the secondary reply and stemming that far back is just simply not allowed ... There for we commense :

So this isn't even a valid news article? It's just your own speculation and hearsay? Why post this in Breaking News then? This should be reposted to a general conspiracy section mate.

THat is correct, it should be moved over to the non breaking news forum which doesn't require links ...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Bldrvgr]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bldrvgr

here ill rush off and get it stamped by one of the random news journalists that fox/cbs/cnn/msnbc and make it worth reading for ya.. that would instantly make this gospel.

It's not about that, it's about forum rules. If it's not based on a current news article, it can't be posted here.

End of story. You don't like it? Find your own gospel.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Bldrvgr

It's not about that, it's about forum rules. If it's not based on a current news article, it can't be posted here.

End of story. You don't like it? Find your own gospel.

ahh im sorry, I was supposed to reply to your second post down ... dam gonna have to modify everything now.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thanks to the folks who helped out, I received a U2U that this thread has been moved, so thanks also to whomever moved it for me.
I appreciate the help. I will be looking into this more and post whatever I can find. And to my passionate doubter-Dude! drink less caffiene, that stuff will make you crazy
Rossa

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

Apparently none of our soldiers or us got the memo proclaiming Obama & Co. to be God, Jesus and the Holy spirit. I for one didn't. Might have missed a few meetings but don't remember that happening. Government highhandedness is the new order of the day. Not good.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Article 88, makes it a crime for an officer to use contemptuous words against the president, the vice president, Congress, the secretary of defense, the secretary of a military department, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, or the governor or legislature of any state, territory, commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present.

It's their but it's one of those things that is hard to persecute. It's important to note that article 88 applies to Officers, not enlisted men and women (like me).

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Only the soft spoken breech treason. However "odd", the voice is as culpable as those who who shoot stupid glances our way.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

I have been out a long time and I am sure that some of the rules have changed but when I was in years back it was against the rules to speak negatively of the government especially the President. You could not attend or participate in anyway with any political campaigns or fundraisers.

Heck you could end up in the brig for damaging government property if you spent too much time hanging out on the beach and got a wicked sun burn.

Back then the press had respect for the office of the President so you didn't get all the dirt that you get now.

Things were different then; a lot has changed. Some for the better and some for the worse.

new topics

top topics

join