It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are being lied to about pirates

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Where does it say that it's the pirates who mutilate girls? Or are you generalizing all somalis perhaps?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hundreds of Thousands of tons of chemical weapons were also dumped into the Atlantic Ocean off the coasts of France and England too. Sealed in cement tubs and sent to the bottom of the seas.

Why do you think cancer and disease rates are rising? The food we eat, air we breath, water we drink is all contaminated.

As for the pirates, they're an impoverished people that have no other choice but to raid ships. And absolutely their oceans are being robbed and abused. Africa has been beaten on for years.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Let me try to understand your thought process. You are saying that it is O.K. to board a container ship passing 100 nautical miles off shore of Somalia, hold it's crew hostage, sack any desirable cargo, and it is justified because some other ship, in the past, may or may not have dumped toxic wastes somewhere off the coast of Somalia?

Please, explain this train of logical thought such that an uneducated dolt such as myself might better understand the intricate workings of a higher intellect such as yours.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ive got a guild member out there with the navy at the moment who claims he is fighting pirates. So who knows, of course I dont doubt they would lie to their own people as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
yaaddaa yaaddaa yadddaaaa... Pirates are the same, in any time period. They are essentially lawless. If they cared about building a future they would not be pirating, they do it because you can make more money than even working in the United States... So stuff the aw poor pirates, they are a product of their environment B.S.

They're part of a Barbaric and primitive society of ruthless unchecked aggression and no government control...

Common criminals and thugs.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by Brainiac]

[edit on 4/17/2009 by Brainiac]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
They are being civilized. This is what happens when foreign powers invade a country and assault it's people with waste and steal their fish. If they wouldn't be civilized they would not do anything and in few years the whole coast would be wasteland and most of the people dead. To come together and risk your life in defense of your country and it's people is about as civilized as anything can be.

All is fair, right?

They're like pirate heroes and they did the right thing by letting us know about the weapons shipments.

And they will fight civilizedily until they are chum in the sea.

And the world will get to see how well Russian weapons work in Somalia.

And The Obama will take credit for it and The World will prosper once more.

And Somalia will become a big electric car playground vacation hotspot.

With windmills.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

Originally posted by PsykoOps
They are being civilized. This is what happens when foreign powers invade a country and assault it's people with waste and steal their fish. If they wouldn't be civilized they would not do anything and in few years the whole coast would be wasteland and most of the people dead. To come together and risk your life in defense of your country and it's people is about as civilized as anything can be.

All is fair, right?

They're like pirate heroes and they did the right thing by letting us know about the weapons shipments.

And they will fight civilizedily until they are chum in the sea.

And the world will get to see how well Russian weapons work in Somalia.

And The Obama will take credit for it and The World will prosper once more.

And Somalia will become a big electric car playground vacation hotspot.

With windmills.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by THX-1138]

Nice one, I just looooooove pointless sarcasm!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The idea that the pirates are motivated by illegal fishing and dumping in their ocean is lame. If that were true, which I highly doubt, then why aren't the pirates raiding the fishing trawlers and scows doing the dumping? They would be sitting ducks compared to a cargo ship. The fact that they aren't targeting those types of ships proves they are only in it for the money by going after cargo.

Do you think that the average stiff, dirt-poor and cut off from the world in lawless Somali has a clue whats going on in the oceans off their coast? These stiffs are rounded up by warlords, handed an AR, and thrown into a rubber raft and told to go rob the only resource left in that part of the world - cargo ships trying valiantly to sneak past their coast line with cargo intact! I highly doubt that impoverished desperados are suddenly going to turn eco-terrorist in the name of preserving their ocean. In fact, you could probably pay them off to let you do all the illegal fishing and dumping you could want!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The idea that the pirates are motivated by illegal fishing and dumping in their ocean is lame. If that were true, which I highly doubt, then why aren't the pirates raiding the fishing trawlers and scows doing the dumping? They would be sitting ducks compared to a cargo ship. The fact that they aren't targeting those types of ships proves they are only in it for the money by going after cargo.

What an amazingly great example of how ill-informed people are about this issue.

"why aren't the pirates raiding the fishing trawlers and scows doing the dumping?"

Because they are?

The latest seizures were the Lebanese-owned cargo ship MV Sea Horse, the Greek-managed bulk carrier MV Irene E.M. and two Egyptian fishing boats. Maritime officials said the Irene carried 21 to 23 Filipino crew and the International Maritime Bureau reported 36 fishermen, all believed to be Egyptian, on the two boats.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

You guys should really READ peoples replies to a thread before replying.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Most countries territorial waters are about 200 km's off shore. So how does kidnapping a yacht which was 640 kms of shore justify the poor people of somalia committing piracy in international waters.

They are pirates and should be treated as such. Hanged from the yard arm...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the news doesn't talk about pirates anymore.
Do we not care about pirates and weapons shipments anymore?
I think there is much more to this story.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

S&F. EXCELLENT find and comments. Thank you.

I'll be sending the link to this thread to several people. Have been arguing about the situation, but didn't have hard info, sources.

Thanks again, sofi

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The latest seizures were the Lebanese-owned cargo ship MV Sea Horse, the Greek-managed bulk carrier MV Irene E.M. and two Egyptian fishing boats.

And were they ILLEGAL fishing boats? Or, like the hundreds of ships so far that have been hijacked or had crews kidnapped, just victims of an semi-organized gang of CRIMINALS?

If the pirates had an actual cause, would they jeopardize it by engaging in despicable behavior like this? Oh, let's see, we should sympathize for them because they're just protesting illegal fishing.

No, the pirates are not in it for any political cause, they're in it for the MONEY. So long as international shipping keeps paying out millions to the ringleaders, they'll keep hijacking ships WELL outside Somali waters.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
(Quote) You Have Been Lied To About Pirates (Unquote)

I thought as much. They use the word pirates in many things not just with those guys that hijacked a Cargo Ship.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I clearly understand,pirates are terrible people. So caught up in free money,that they do not plant food or do anything to prosper as the free nation they are. Greedy just like every other animalistic person out their,willing to do anything besides work for their money,social parasites.

If they every heard of farm work,they wouldnt be starving. And that just goes to show,they arent willing to work,just for food. They could easily start farms and have more than enough to eat. But doing so doesnt get them money others worked for. So the low life scum does whatever "IT" can to not prosper as a nation,but prosper as a criminal.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join