It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are being lied to about pirates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Why would they harvest lobster from polluted seas?

Population control?

It's the NWO way.

Who's next?

This lil guy couldn't take it anymore:

ET wants to go back home?

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzmossadciazyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
I want to believe there's a "Robin Hood" aspect of the piracy, and I lean toward believing that's the case (at least overall).

There is an critical element in the Robin Hood aspect that's missing from this story. Can you guess what it is? Perhaps there is a news expose that I've missed that chronicals the flow of the millions of $ in ransom into the pockets of the poor.

Do you actually think the pirates are doing this as a protest against the over fishing of their waters? If they are they have missed dozens of opportunities to showcase their cause.

The pirates don't behave much like Robin Hoods or political activists, do they now? No matter how much misguided sympathy is projected on this situation, the pirates just continue to behave like, .... well like pirates.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by RKWWWW]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So is all that waste being dumped into the same area as the fishing is being done??
Surely with ocean currents and leaking barrels, any seafood from that region wouldn't be safe to eat...
I think it's pretty important to find out who is supplying this seafood to the market.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

No, this doesn’t make hostage-taking justifiable, and yes, some are clearly just gangsters - especially those who have held up World Food Program supplies.

I don't think we are being lied to about this. It is just not being reported. Not the same thing at all.

Even so this does not excuse kidnapping, theft, murder and whatever else these bandits are up to.

Lest we forget, the citizens there are the ones who took the actions that lead to their own demise. Should they get a pass for that?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This whole thread is ridiculous. Are all the email scams coming from this same area also in protest of fishing their waters or contaminating their waters?

Just the fact that this thread discusses these people being upset with their waters being over fished and at the same time being contaminated makes the whole idea of this thread stink.

These pirates are pirates. Not everything is a conspiracy. These thugs should all be shot. Any boat that has to travel these waters should be well armed and prepared to deal with these pirates with deadly force.

These thugs just want money. That is the same reason why we all get tons of spam emails from this same area from people saying they have millions of dollars that they need help bringing into the US. "Just give us your bank account information and we will wire it to you and you can keep 10%....blah blah blah."

I understand this is a third world area and a poor area but it gives no one there the right to hold people hostage and kill for money. Or the right to scam people via the internet.

Get a grip and a dose of reality. Next you'll be telling us that this is in protest of peanut butter laced with salmonella and black people are protesting this because peanut butter was invented by a black man. Is that ridiculous? Yes it is. Just like this thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
reply to post by Common Good

Why would they harvest lobster from polluted seas?

Population control?

It's the NWO way.

Who's next?

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzmossadciazyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba.

To assume that every story in the news is related to Population Control or the NWO is insane on its face. Or were you just Trolling?

I can not understand the last part of your post. Is it a foreign language?

The new rule makes perfect sense and out of the huge number of people who come here, I only see a handful of always angry people complaining or outright breaking the rule like you have. What are you 12?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

No, this doesn’t make hostage-taking justifiable, and yes, some are clearly just gangsters - especially those who have held up World Food Program supplies.

I don't think we are being lied to about this. It is just not being reported. Not the same thing at all.

Even so this does not excuse kidnapping, theft, murder and whatever else these bandits are up to.

Lest we forget, the citizens there are the ones who took the actions that lead to their own demise. Should they get a pass for that?

Exactly, they should of kept thier half radiated populace mouths shut and just deal with the waste we are giveing them.. and live with it.. This act in itself an outrage .. and they should be dealt with off camera... For its not reported, It never happened therefore no one will ever know.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Bldrvgr]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'll tell y'all something. Whatever was aboard that ship musta been pretty important for the navy ships to respond so quick. Those pirates didn't stand a chance against those SEALS. Wonder what the firefight was like? did they approach on a dinghy or swim up to the boat covertly throw a stun grenade in and let rip. In any case at least he was rescued alive.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
never believed that crap anyway. The pirates are called that way because they ransom people ( more than 250 people are thought to be held prisoners on the somalian coasts ) and that the money they collect helps financing Al Qaeda and friends. At least a part of it. Let's face it.

travelers, cargo sailors and others are victims in the middle of this. Even if the US got a SEAL team to get the Maersk captain back, another captain, French this one, got killed by freindly fire during a gunfight between French SpecOps and pirates aboard the 10 passenger ship.

Another ugly thing going on in an ugly part of the world. And we sit in our couches and watch it during half-time.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder
...and that the money they collect helps financing Al Qaeda and friends. At least a part of it. Let's face it.

An observation that is becoming more and more substantiated in counter-terrorism and in counter-piracy and maritime terrorism circles. Although still somewhat contested, my own academic research has supported the thesis that there is in fact a growing connection/nexus between some aspects of piracy and terrorism ranging from human trafficking, arms and drug smuggling, to the transporting of extremists/militants/terrorists from Yemen, among other regional states, to Somalia. It is already well established that Somalia is a transitory point for those terrorism linked groups and organizations.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh hell yea, this is more about than just piracy, this is a way for those guys to fight back!

The coastal waters off Somali are heavy fished by western powers not to mention china..THAT is killing off alot of their livelihoods, they cannot compete with the deep sea ocean trenchers and the world has been dumping their waste off the coast for years, they just recently decided to do something about it.

If folks in the west want those pirates to play nice, then leave them the hell alone..period. Africa is filled with pissed off laymen that are exploited and have a dummy back pro-western gov't that always collapses cuz they are grimey.

All that's going on is everyone is trying to take advantage of their natural resources (our modern age is built on the resources in africa). Reminds of why the president of Venezuela gets a bad rap in the US media..they knows all about what we do and doesn't want that for his country, so they blast him on the news.

Great article, two thumbs up.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"This is the context in which the men we are calling “pirates” have emerged. Everyone agrees they were ordinary Somalian fishermen who at first took speedboats to try to dissuade the dumpers and trawlers, or at least wage a “tax” on them. They call themselves the Volunteer Coast Guard of Somalia - and it’s not hard to see why".

Well that's great to be romantic about Pirates and all but let me make a comparison to something we can all relate to:Bullies in High School mugging or "taxing" kids in the hallway. Do you like bullies that kill?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
If folks in the west want those pirates to play nice, then leave them the hell alone..period. Africa is filled with pissed off laymen that are exploited and have a dummy back pro-western gov't that always collapses cuz they are grimey.

The brilliance of your commentary has admittedly left me baffled.
You do understand, since apparently, you are not aware, that many of those acts of piracy off Somalia have been committed against Middle Eastern, Indian, and Southeast Asian vessels, not simply those restricted to "the West."

Furthermore, your argument hinges on the argument that exploitation begets exploitation. News flash, usually the guy carrying the bigger stick dictates who actually exploits whom.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm waiting for some company like Blackwater USA, or Worldwide now to jump on this opportunity. These large companies are going to have to keep a security crew on these ships at all times in the near future. It's money in the bank!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
There was an independent news story about this (www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com...) and it opened my eyes. The news program didn't mention the barrels, but to talk with these people and see where they live....I start to feel sorry for the pirates, rather than the ships and crew.

Starred and flagged, friend. Great post!

I think we should 'Bail Out' the pirates before they go bankrupt! Murder and Plunder on the seas just isnt paying off like it used too.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well Blaine, how is that the satellites of which can see everything going on before and after in the shipping lanes don't warn the ships? Why are the drums being dumped in the water outside Somalia? It seems the PTB have allowed the Pirates the freedom to Pirate at will for 'some' time now eh? Could the 'presence' of the Pirates in the waters be designed as a deterent for anyone thinking of sailing in those waters and discovering whats 'really' going on there? Makes sense to me. Not you? Who are those responsible for fishing in these polluted waters and who is eating the toxic? lobster. Has a funny ring to it though these are good questions are they not?

Your troll comment is laughable. Troll is usually referred to as one who works for the PTB not those who give independent analysis of the situation at hand. And who are you to pass judgement on my analysis? You are the one appearing like a troll here, not myself. The age insult was out of line just like your analysis here or rather lack of.

If anyone should be aware of the overreaching powers of the NWO establishment, you should with your ATS point count. It should make one wonder where your comments are coming from? Myself a troll? That is truely a first lol.

If something doesn't make sense, likely, it wasn't meant to Blaine. I try to put it all together and then attempt to make sense of it all. You seem to pick things apart. That doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I'm going to reserve judgment for something more reliable than a "National Black Newspaper. Way too divisive. I wouldn't put it past something like that to partake in some yellow journalism to further an agenda.

Will the Chicago Tribune meet your standards?

Off the lawless coast of Somalia, questions of who is pirating who

Somalia's lawless coastline has been ravaged by unscrupulous outsiders with impunity since the Somali government collapsed in 1991, experts say.

In the early 1990s, for example, Somalia's unpatrolled waters became a cost-free dumping ground for industrial waste from Europe. Fishing boats from Italy were reported to have ferried barrels of toxic materials to Somalia's shores and then returned home laden with illicit catches of fish. Rusting containers of hazardous waste washed up on Somali beaches as recently as 2005, after a powerful tsunami roared through.

But fish poaching has proved far more devastating to Somalis, environmental officials say. Chicago Tribune

The AFP?

UN envoy decries illegal fishing, waste dumping off Somalia

Jul 25, 2008

UNITED NATIONS (AFP) — The UN special envoy for Somalia on Friday sounded the alarm about rampant illegal fishing and the dumping of toxic waste off the coast of the lawless African nation.

"Because there is no (effective) government, there is so much irregular fishing from European and Asian countries," Ahmedou Ould Abdallah told reporters.

He said he had asked several international non-governmental organizations, including Global Witness, which works to break the links between natural resource exploitation, conflict, corruption, and human rights abuses worldwide, "to trace this illegal fishing, illegal dumping of waste." AFP New

The New Scientist?

Toxic waste adds to Somalia's woes

* 19 September 1992 by DEBORA MacKENZIE , BRUSSELS
* Magazine issue 1839

Talks aimed at stopping millions of tonnes of European toxic waste being dumped in strife-torn Somalia have started between officials of the UN Environment Programme and the Italian and Swiss governments. But it is not yet clear if the dumping deal is illegal because of political confusion surrounding the growing trade in European waste.

Mostafa Tolba, the head of UNEP, says that last December, unnamed Italian and Swiss firms which trade in waste signed a deal with Nur Elmy Osman, who called himself minister of health in the 'government' of Ali Mahdi Mohammed, leader of one of Somalia's warring factions. The New Scientist

What about the TIMES?

March 4, 2005
Somalia's secret dumps of toxic waste washed ashore by tsunami

Apart from killing about 300 people and destroying thousands of homes, the waves broke up rusting barrels and other containers and hazardous waste dumped along the long, remote shoreline, a spokesman for the United Nations Environment Programme (Unep) said.

“Initial reports indicate that the tsunami waves broke open containers full of toxic waste and scattered the contents. We are talking about everything from medical waste to chemical waste products,” Nick Nuttal, the Unep spokesman, told The Times. TImesonline

Something VERY VERY interesting from the above article:

In 1997 and 1998, the Italian newspaper Famiglia Cristiana, which jointly investigated the allegations with the Italian branch of Greenpeace, published a series of articles detailing the extent of illegal dumping by a Swiss firm, Achair Partners, and an Italian waste broker, Progresso.

The European Green Party followed up the revelations by presenting to the press and the European Parliament in Strasbourg copies of contracts signed by the two companies and representatives of the then “President” — Ali Mahdi Mohamed — to accept 10 million tonnes of toxic waste in exchange for $80 million (then about £60 million).

My bolds

I admit that most of the mainstream media has ignored this issue but there are other sources that some of you may consider credible that have reported on the story.

Hope that helps.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 18731542

From what I understand, the Captain jumped ship and was rescued while three of the pirates were sniped. The 4th pirate was held for interrogation. Not sure what they plan to do with him when they're finished. Perhaps he should be fed to those lobsters lurking below.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Good find dude, looking past the pirate thing the important thing to learn from this is that the environment suffers the most which automatically has a syncronistic effect on humans and animal life.

This is terrible and uncalled for all in the name of profit, greed and aberrant behaviour of the very few.. sigh...

[edit on 12/4/09 by free_spirit_earth]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join