It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are being lied to about pirates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You are being lied to about pirates

www.sfbayview.com

In 1991, the government of Somalia [...] collapsed. Its 9 million people have been teetering on starvation ever since - and many of the ugliest forces in the Western world have seen this as a great opportunity to steal the country’s food supply and dump our nuclear waste in their seas.

As soon as the government was gone, mysterious European ships started appearing off the coast of Somalia, dumping vast barrels into the ocean. The coastal population began to sicken. At first they suffered strange rashes, nausea and malformed babies. Then, after the 2005 tsunami, hundreds of the dumped and leaking barrels washed up on shore. People began to suffer from radiation sickness, and more than 300 died.

Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah, the U.N. envoy to Somalia, tells me: “Somebody is dumping nuclear material here. There is also lead and heavy metals such as cadmium and mercury - you name it.” Much of it can be traced back to European hospitals and factories, who seem to be passing it on to the Italian mafia to “dispose” of cheaply. When I asked Ould-Abdallah what European governments were doing about it, he said with a sigh: “Nothing. There has been no cleanup, no compensation and no prevention.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
infowars.net

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
During the same time-period, many European crews have invaded Somalia by pushing through their territory with huge ships and looting Somalia’s seas of "their greatest resource": seafood.

Reportedly, more than $300 million worth of lobster, shrimp, tuna, and other sea life is being stolen every year by vast trawlers illegally sailing into Somalia’s unprotected seas.

www.SFBayView.com

The local fishermen have suddenly lost their livelihoods, and they are starving. Mohammed Hussein, a fisherman in the town of Marka 100km south of Mogadishu, told Reuters: “If nothing is done, there soon won’t be much fish left in our coastal waters.”

This is the context in which the men we are calling “pirates” have emerged. Everyone agrees they were ordinary Somalian fishermen who at first took speedboats to try to dissuade the dumpers and trawlers, or at least wage a “tax” on them. They call themselves the Volunteer Coast Guard of Somalia - and it’s not hard to see why.

In a surreal telephone interview, one of the pirate leaders, Sugule Ali, said their motive was “to stop illegal fishing and dumping in our waters … We don’t consider ourselves sea bandits. We consider sea bandits [to be] those who illegally fish and dump in our seas and dump waste in our seas and carry weapons in our seas.” William Scott would understand those words.

www.sfbayview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I will read more about this

but in advance, I will say that I never believe any of this pirate propoganda

for the most powerful country on the planet, who does not care about the geneva convention and is not considered accountable for war crimes, not being able to take care of a few skinny malnutritioned pirates.... I NEVER BELIEVED IT

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The story of the 2009 war on piracy was best summarized by another pirate, who lived and died in the fourth century BC. He was captured and brought to Alexander the Great, who demanded to know “what he meant by keeping possession of the sea.” The pirate smiled and responded: “What you mean by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, while you, who do it with a great fleet, are called emperor.”

Great read, thanks for posting it!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There was an independent news story about this (www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com...) and it opened my eyes. The news program didn't mention the barrels, but to talk with these people and see where they live....I start to feel sorry for the pirates, rather than the ships and crew.

Starred and flagged, friend. Great post!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If only more people were aware of the waste dumping near Somalia.

Simply killing the pirates and destroying their boats as they spring up will never work. To effectively combat something like this we need to challenge the conditions under which these pirates are created.

I'm not apologizing for the murders and hijackings committed by these people, but if we want it to stop we're going to have to take drastic action in regard to Somalia's current lawless state, as well as the foreign crews intruding into the Somali seafood resources.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
where is there seafood going? i would think that is number one question! who wants to eat that lobster, not me! good post and it is scary to think about what this is all going to lead up to. heck if there is nuclear material waste, bam, we all have a problem, don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When ever you hear a story like this, you can almost entirely suspect that there is something going on behind the scenes. People are looking at the pirate stuff, and something/someone is doing something that they dont want people to know.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for replying, all of you.

reply to post by Mekanic

I know what you mean. Governments (leading tyrants) throughout history have been lying to the general-population & abusing the oppressed.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bluewaterservant

thats what I was wondering. If the waters are so tainted, why would the same countries who dumped these toxins in the ocean want to take food from that area instead of going somewhere else to get it?
I for one wouldnt want anything comming from anywhere near that area.
This is another reason why I dont eat seafood, I cant trust anything that comes from the ocean.
Something about this story doesnt add up.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Perhaps the pirates were intially acting rightiously in the face of percieved injustices, but that is not the case any longer. These are simply thugs who deserved to be dealt with in harsh manner. Thank you SEALS for ending this ordeal.

Vote Quimby!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

These are simply thugs who deserved to be dealt with in harsh manner. Thank you SEALS for ending this ordeal.

Whaaa? The real thugs are surely the massively powerful countries mercilessly exploiting these third world countries, dumping their crap all over the coastlines and raping them of natural resources which could be used by these poor nations to kick start themselves. These developed countries couldn't bear for that to happen, so it's rape, pillage, burn, viking style.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness
reply to post by RKWWWW

These are simply thugs who deserved to be dealt with in harsh manner. Thank you SEALS for ending this ordeal.

Whaaa? The real thugs are surely the massively powerful countries mercilessly exploiting these third world countries, dumping their crap all over the coastlines and raping them of natural resources which could be used by these poor nations to kick start themselves. These developed countries couldn't bear for that to happen, so it's rape, pillage, burn, viking style.

Your missunderstanding it, Its politically correct to kill people via poisoning and radiation over time.. which in turn have a more widespread effect on the population. and they are supposed to sit there and take it without question or complaint.. YOU eat what we contaminate for you and thats the end of it...

But if they take up guns and and start threatening us .. since we said bull# to thier peace talks and we are higher then them.. its complete and utter crime and these people should not auto become terroists since they are defying our ability to kill them! Complete an utter outrage is justice on our part, they where clearly in the wrong.

-See thats how the millions of idiots are going to be trained to think =D

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I want to believe there's a "Robin Hood" aspect of the piracy, and I lean toward believing that's the case (at least overall). After the tsunami, when the toxic barrells supposedly were pushed on shore, did anyone think to save at least one as evidence? And is there any corroberation about the foreign fishing boats taking over? And the obvious (again): Who's going to fish in higher-than-average toxicity of water?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm going to reserve judgment for something more reliable than a "National Black Newspaper. Way too divisive. I wouldn't put it past something like that to partake in some yellow journalism to further an agenda.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
I want to believe there's a "Robin Hood" aspect of the piracy, and I lean toward believing that's the case (at least overall). After the tsunami, when the toxic barrells supposedly were pushed on shore, did anyone think to save at least one as evidence? And is there any corroberation about the foreign fishing boats taking over? And the obvious (again): Who's going to fish in higher-than-average toxicity of water?

who said it wasnt saved and documented ?

www.benadir-watch.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
everything that happens is cause and effect.
The Pirates didn't just start pirating, the idea had to be put there and the materials obtained to do so.

As far as the tainted seafood, they feed us GM crops and give us mercury laced vaccines, do you honestly think they would think twice about poisoning our food supply?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The pirates were bullied for years before they actually struck back against the invaders. Long live the pirates (at least the ones, who weren't shot down, recently)! The world-government is a group of blood-thirsty people, who prefer to target oppressed people.

The governments of this world have been raping, stealing, and massacring people for centuries. We need to throw them out of their castles & bunkers. We must cut their life-support.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Absolutely. I'm shocked so many are fooled by this.

Many countries have real time satellite surveillance of which can actually tell the expression on ones face. They could 'obviously' see any possible threat to any shipping lane and could send jets to the area immediately if they chose to do so and simply sink the ships that don't respond to their warnings or communications!

They know exactly what's going on though only those in the know, know why. Everyone else working at these facilities are not suppose to ask questions. They are on a 'need to know' basis.

If something doesn't make 'sense', it's because it's not suppose to.

Think about how LONG this has been going on and NO solution? The NWO mass media tells you 'what' you are to think.

Real Time Satellite Tracking

Now think about all the 'other' things they know about and why they are 'allowed' to take place by 'Design'.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join