It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children shot in Terrytown; three dead, victim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Children shot in Terrytown; three dead, victim

www.wwltv.com

Terrytown - A 19-year-old woman, her 23-month-old son and a six-year-old boy were killed, and another child is in stable condition, after a pair of gunmen kicked down a door before dawn in a Terrytown apartment and began going room to room randomly shooting the victims, according to police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Terrytown - (Lousianna) A her 23-month-old son and a six-year-old boy were killed, and another child is in stable condition, after a pair of gunmen kicked down a door before dawn in a Terrytown apartment and began going room to room randomly shooting the victims, according to police.

this was on CNN.com last nite, now it has disappeared.

Don't cops learn when they train not to shoot anything that moves in a home?? Shooting babies and 11 year olds now?

This is sheer brutality.

The victim's mother later tasered: Rayshika Overstreet, 29, Four's mother, who arrived on the scene later, was subdued with a Taser after she became belligerent with police and struck an officer and struggled with another officer, police said.

She was charged with interfering with the police, resisting arrest by fighting, battery on a police officer, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile because of the narcotics seized from her apartment and possession of crack coc aine and possession of marijuana, police said.

www.wwltv.com

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66

Don't cops learn when they train not to shoot anything that moves in a home?? Shooting babies and 11 year olds now?

So, are you implying the gunmen were cops?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
funny thing, is why I said it WAS on cnn.com late last night as "cops shot...."

now, the entire story is changed and off of cnn.

weird.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Terrytown - (Lousianna) A her 23-month-old son and a six-year-old boy were killed, and another child is in stable condition, after a pair of gunmen kicked down a door before dawn in a Terrytown apartment and began going room to room randomly shooting the victims, according to police.

this was on CNN.com last nite, now it has disappeared.

This is sheer brutality.

The victim's mother later tasered: Rayshika Overstreet, 29, Four's mother, who arrived on the scene later, was subdued with a Taser after she became belligerent with police and struck an officer and struggled with another officer, police said.

She was charged with interfering with the police, resisting arrest by fighting, battery on a police officer, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile because of the narcotics seized from her apartment and possession of crack coc aine and possession of marijuana, police said.

www.wwltv.com

I see nothing here that says it was COPS who did this.

And the woman who got tasered? Maybe she shouldn't have become belligerent and striking an officer.

Sounds like the entire thing was a drug deal gone bad. How sad for those poor innocent children

[edit on 4/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

funny thing, is why I said it WAS on cnn.com late last night as "cops shot...."

now, the entire story is changed and off of cnn.

weird.

Maybe you misunderstood what you were hearing on the news. I have done it many times. Its an honest and easy mistake.

But there is nothing online anywhere that says it was cops who did this to these people. It was more then likely drug dealing thugs. I suggest you take out your rage on them - not the cops

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yep, now that I look at the story today, it seems different.

The origional CNN link was posted as 'cops shoot children.....'

explains why the link is gone from last night now.

now the article says 'thugs'.

sorry about that, makes me look like an a$$ lol but seriously, it was on CNN.com differently.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

sorry about that, makes me look like an a$$ lol but seriously, it was on CNN.com differently.

I think that speaks more about CNN's ethics in reporting than anything else. Letting something like that get onto their website before authenticating the story is very, very, very bad ethics. How much you want to bet the editors at CNN were salivating when they read it the first time?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

No. You dont look that way. I think I agree with Ferris Bueller (
) that it makes CNN look bad. They thought they had an opportunity to bash cops - and found out their rushed to judgement and were wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes, I was wondering why this morning it had all changed and how other nonsense is front page on their site and then it disappears ...

I read news every 4 to 6 hours to see if there is anything new and never would have clicked on it if it hadn't have said 'cops shot children....', most of their news includes nonsense like hollywood crap or of the like.

Sorry about the confusion..hope mods can delete this thread then uhhgggg.

top topics

join