It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar bear attacks woman at Berlin Zoo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Polar bear attacks woman at Berlin Zoo

www.cnn.com

A polar bear attacked a woman at Berlin Zoo Friday afternoon after she climbed a fence and jumped into its habitat during feeding time, police said Saturday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There is a vid of her being rescued and them trying to keep the polar bears away from her. BUT.. what in the H... was that woman doing in the first place by jumping in with the bears? The first thought is what an idiot, it doesn't seem to have been a death wish, since the vid shows her frantically trying to get out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/721655aa9967.jpg[/atsimg]

Was she thinking she would be able to play with them?

One adult polar bit her several times after she plunged into the moat, police said.

Zoo workers tossed rescue rings toward the woman to hoist her out and distract polar bears swimming nearby, said Goerg Gebhard, a Berlin police officer.

At one point the woman fell back into the water and was grabbed by a bear before she was eventually hoisted to safety.

"They saved her life," Gebhard told CNN.

The woman was severely injured and was being treated at a hospital, police said. Watch polar bear attack woman »

It's unclear why the woman entered the bear habitat, but police issued her a citation for trespassing.

Berlin Zoo is home to Knut, the first polar bear to be born there in over 30 years. The bear became a huge talking point in Germany when his mother gave birth to him in December 2006.

direct vid link is here:www.cnn.com...

Sorry, but if someone jumps into any zoo enclosure with wild animals, they should know, they will most likely be attacked and killed.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Correction, woman attacks polar bear and polar bear wins.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Stupid woman!

At feeding time too, I bet the bear(s) thought they were in for real treat!

As to why she jumped in? Because OMG THEY SO CUDDLEE!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
Correction, woman attacks polar bear and polar bear wins.

Precisely, could not have said that any better. I’m glad she survived, not because I am concerned for her... Just so she can wake up every morning knowing what a stupid thing she did – Moron!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Headline should read; Polar Bears Defend Homes During Brutal Invasion.

Seriously... how many times must this same story be repeated before people realize wild animals are wild. Hell, how long ago was it that a monkey gathered rocks as a preemptive action to later attack zoo patrons during the day?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Dont worry they'll be extinct soon!
And so will the polar bears!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The woman deserved to be killed by the bear. The only reason I'm glad this didn't actually happen is that, often in those kinds of situations, the animal is 'destroyed' for daring to respond to its instincts.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NateNute

That would be the perfect title for it... but since it is breaking news, I had to go with the exact title written.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Another simple case of how news outlets don't know how to title news articles.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Thanks for that! I was just now wondering who they'll shoot this time,
the woman or the bear? Its always easier to kill and blame than fix!
Probably make the woman rich and famous and shoot the bear? Right?
I know how this bas ackwards world works......

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Now that is funny!! Good analogy of who and what is becoming extinct.
not one liner.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Listen OP, why did you have to post the picture of the woman being attacked?

Of course she must have been mad. And you guys stating that the bear should have killed her; where is your humanity? I am not that easily pissed off but now I am and I have that f-ing picture in my head.

Thanks a lot

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thanks! Good thread! You are always on the ball!
Sorry bout my attitude but I am disgusted at the
current state of affairs in the world.
Are there really people like this out there(that dont have a clue or what)?
Anyone REALLy wonder why I picked this name now?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Listen OP, why did you have to post the picture of the woman being attacked?

Of course she must have been mad. And you guys stating that the bear should have killed her; where is your humanity? I am not that easily pissed off but now I am and I have that f-ing picture in my head.

Thanks a lot

This is why i block pictures, and thankfully i never seen the picture.

You should just trying blocking pictures in your browser, and it will help your experience, but i do not mean adverts as the board needs them.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
if you are stupid enough to jump into cage of the largest carnivore on earth you deserve to die. i consider it attempted suicide. we don't need you in the gene pool. only thing that would be better is if the cute cuddly bear had a gun and shot her then ate her lol

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
She probably thought the redblue blur would come to her rescue.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by DEM0N]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One possible explaination of her behaviour is that she just watched the cartoon polar bears in "An Inconvenient Truth" and was confusing fantasy and reality. That movie does that to people ya know.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A few years ago, there was a polar bear born in the Berlin Zoo named "Knut". It was a national phenomenon of sorts here in Germany and they made polar bears look really cute and cuddly. I wonder if the German public being constantly bombarded with, "Aww! Look at the cute polar bear!!!!!," made her think, as someone said earlier, it would be a good idea to go and cuddle with one.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Sorry, but at NO point did I ever say I thought she should have been killed by the bear!!!

I said that if someone - anyone jumps in with wild animals at a zoo, then they should expect to be attacked and possibly killed!

Please do NOT put words in my mouth/postings that I NEVER wrote nor implied!!

As far as the picture goes, sorry - but real life sometimes is not a pretty picture and when people do stupid things, pictures can even look uglier!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join