It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a good place to buy freeze dried and/or dehydrated foods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My fellow survivalists, I have discovered an excellent place to buy bulk, canned freeze-dried and dehydrated foods. Prices are competitive, shipping is fast and only costs $4.49 no matter the size of the order. The quality of the products is very good. I just recieved a significant sized order and all phases of the transaction went very well. It is Honeyville Food Products. They have the a very good selection.

Check out their freeze-dried butter and freeze-dried eggs. They claim a shelf life of up to 12 years for an unopened container.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good find,

Unfortunately, most of the dehydrated products are useless to me or about anybody unless you plan on storing MORE than 3-4 years worth of food.

Standard cans are a fraction of the cost and store for about 3 years from date of purchase... simply buy and rotate. It is definitely more cost efficient in most cases... there are a few "specialty items" like butter or eggs but not many.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Good find,

Unfortunately, most of the dehydrated products are useless to me or about anybody unless you plan on storing MORE than 3-4 years worth of food.

Standard cans are a fraction of the cost and store for about 3 years from date of purchase... simply buy and rotate. It is definitely more cost efficient in most cases... there are a few "specialty items" like butter or eggs but not many.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by infolurker]

Good point. The site is best for bulk buyers and longer term storing.

I try to stock mostly standard cans too. Before they expire I donate them to food shelters.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by RKWWWW]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Being a bachelor, I tend to not keep much food in the house, only shopping for what I need this week; therefore, rotating cans isn't really an option for me unless I drastically change the way I do things. With dried foods, I can buy them and forget about them until needed. It's just a different way of doing things, really.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Good advice! Their food doesnt keep as long as Waltons, but close.
If stored right it can be kept alot longer than that! Up to 30 years!
This guy buys in bulk from waltons so its cheap:
www.survivalacres.com...
Of course there are others but I only have experience with these two.
We also buy cases locally and rotate and give to charity! Good call!
Peace

new topics

top topics

join