It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't reply to posts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

If you're willing to go to the trouble to create your post in Word, check it there, and then c&p here.... good for you.

But I'm not willing to do that when this site has a "Preview Post" feature. When they get it working again, I'll post again.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

If you're willing to go to the trouble to create your post in Word, check it there, and then c&p here.... good for you.

But I'm not willing to do that when this site has a "Preview Post" feature. When they get it working again, I'll post again.

I was just trying to offer an easy solution so you dont have to get up and leave the site for an issue like this.

It is also a good idea to do when you are making a long well thought out response - because sometimes crap happens and it is horrible when you loose all that work because your browser craps out or the site has an issue. Ive been there (and so have others) many times - it sucks!

Just trying to help

[edit on 4/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

There's the acknowledgment I was looking for. I'll be patient then, since you explained it. BTW, I also tried to quote you, but when I tried that, I saw the "can't submit" button again.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I just have to commit on your Avatar, you are able to portray very well the impression of working hard and being frustrated at the same time.

Ooooppss off topic, but I guess this place is as good as any to make that comment. Shows how avatar's can make you imagine who the person is, even though it may not be the case.

But, I always feel so bad for you!! You just look so frustrated!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I appreciate what you're suggesting, and yes you are right about losing a well thought out and well written post. In the past I have done what you are suggesting. I guess I just have a fairly short fuse with this site ever since my wrist got slapped for making a post that was supposedly insulting. I don't think it was, and I see 50 posts a day that are much more crude or insulting than anything I've ever written.

So I think it's more the steam coming outta my ears than anything else that's got me impatient with this site. It's sad, because I like this site. But at the same time, I don't like (will not) being treated like a 6 year old when I'm twice as old as any of the moderators here.

I have good manners. I'm intelligent. I'm thoughtful of others. But I also have certain morals that don't allow me to be crapped on. I'm Irish and I guess it's my fault that if someone throws a punch at me, I throw back. I guess that's just me.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
I'm suddenly having problems submitting today. Once I type enough characters I can post, but if I hit the "Preview Post" button, I can no longer submit. I just gotta tell ya, this site is getting annoying enough that I'm about to throw my hands up and say "forget it".......

Yeah I have seen that to. My temp solution is that before I hit the preview button I highlight and right click and choose copy before I hit the preview button that way I can paste it back into the reply field.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've done that today. It makes no difference. It doesn't matter how the text gets entered into the text field, I still can't submit anything I preview. Now I have to fill this with further blather just to reach the minimum number of characters.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Same problem here. However when I copy the text, refresh the page and than paste it the button is normal once again.

I apparentlee need a lot more characters like 85 more now so I'm typing untill my fingers will drop of my hands in order to get this posted as not being a one liner....phew

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I noticed that only after I have 300 characters on a reply the button gets enabled.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

If people added "line two" to avoid an hypothetical automatic filter of one line posts, I think that we are going to see many posts filled with garbage (well, we already have that
) just to keep up with the quota.

And why is the button shouting at me "SUBMIT REPLY"?

Can we get a more polite button? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Everything should be functioning properly now.

Post-preview factors character count, and the submit button now provides dynamic feedback.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If I try to quote your whole post the button says I need 59 more characters, but if I try to quote my previous post it says that I need 74 more characters, and that I need 64 more characters when I quote ambushrocks' post.

Does this means that the longer the post we quote the more we have to write?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
SO....Can you address the issue regarding the fact that some responses may be very well thought out and contributing responses but do not meet the character requirement and therefore are not allowed to be submitted.

Are we going to have to fill the extra character requirements with " ....... "?

I just tried to respond to a post and the answer was very short, but it was important in regards to a post. There really was not anything else I could have said except 'blah blah blah blah' LOL

[edit on 4/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hi, I'm getting the same thing when trying to reply.
I've tried clearing my cache, restarting my computer, tried another browser and ran anti-spyware. I'm still getting the (Can't Submit) button.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
testing.

How many characters does it take to mak e the button change.

Ah ha!

On the submit button, mine currently says I need 2308 more characters. I can obviously submit here without a problem but cannot in another thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Whoa, it says 200 characters needed to be able to hit the reply post now. I would definitely say the posting barrier is now working. So one question, why so many characters to post? I thought it was going to be 45 characters. It just now came clear for me to post.

We are going to get some long winded postings that just have lots of extra words in them now, just due to people filling up the space, as I did above.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Also, another issue may arise.

For example, in the UFO forum, many times when I (or others) analyze a photo, I may just need to post the analysis and it might not require a bunch of text. Sometimes someone may ask for a photo to be edited/analyzed and there just isnt anything to say except: Here you go.

Is there some exception to the rule now that can be made for cases such as this?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join