It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't reply to posts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just been trying to reply to a post and I keep getting this message:

Comes up with that no matter what I do.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That's odd... Try clearing your cache (Temporary Files) and see if it gets better...

Springer...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You need to enable JavaScript.

Due to far too many minimal posts, we're initiating a minimum character count before the submit button is enabled.

More on this when the code is complete.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ok I see, I use NoScript so that must be why it's not working...and now as I'm typing I see it's now working...

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yup, I'm getting the same problem. I posted earlier on another post today without any problems.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
testing.

How many characters does it take to mak e the button change.

Ah ha!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
45 characters, As i have just counted in order to make the submit reply work

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Now this is good to know, that there will be a min. character postings, so then what will we need to do?

not one liner
not one liner

Just a joke!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It was the best of times
It was the worst of times

Call me Ishmael.

Well this will certainly cut down on all those quick little snappy responses and hopefully bring about more interesting threads.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm waiting for someone to come in and say thank god someone has finally decided to shut me up

I applaud the idea! (Not shutting me up)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well no wonder! I thought you'd jump in the global warming threads and help me out! What with all the changes in Australia you would have first hand experience and would bring some common sense to the threads!
Whew, good to know! Thanks guys!

5th line

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

AH, but it would be no fun, not having you in threads adding your opinions, and rarely have I seen very short ones..... I bet you will be able to manage to get 45 characters in them!!

Oh BTW: saw you joined the "thread killer" club..... hhhmmm - guess I will have to start being more careful!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm suddenly having problems submitting today. Once I type enough characters I can post, but if I hit the "Preview Post" button, I can no longer submit. I just gotta tell ya, this site is getting annoying enough that I'm about to throw my hands up and say "forget it".......

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

I haven't had a problem today, but that may be because I am naturally long winded!

But as far as giving up on the site?

Well I can say, either people "get the site" and want a good debate regarding conspiracies and what is going on in the world, or they don't.

There are other sites, around, that I find they actually are very vulgar in language and postings. This site has a great decorum that is kept by the mods.

This site, is the best I have come across on the net, which has a huge amount of useful information and news, you can't find elsewhere.

So... in saying that...... I personally Love ATS, and if you are having a few difficulties right now, either you will get through them and learn the best way to post without aggravation, or you will leave and lose out on lots of good information, you can't find anywhere else.

that is just my 2 cents..................... and NO I am not brown nosing or anything.......... I seriously mean what I said.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think this minimum character lock is and isnt such a good idea. why, because sometimes an answer to a question is just a math equation, or an opinion, or just a simple hello, good morning or quick reply. Yes, this would help to improve discussion, but posting is suppose to be easy, no locks or limits. I think it should be implemented for a month for test purposes and to help promote discussion as well as putting an end to the annoying one liners that have nothing good to say. If discussion picks up, disable the lock and return to normal, if one line annoyances pick up again, simply enable the lock. Well, what do you all think?

edit: Either way, i think its great.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by DEM0N]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The Javascript should tell you how many characters you have left

link   
reply to post by questioningall

I agree with you. I enjoy this site too, and I think I've offered some good, fairly well written comments. Keep in mind that I've already "learned" how to post. That's the problem, I know how to post but today, if I try to "Preview Post", I can no longer submit it. Is that my fault?

link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
I'm suddenly having problems submitting today. Once I type enough characters I can post, but if I hit the "Preview Post" button, I can no longer submit. I just gotta tell ya, this site is getting annoying enough that I'm about to throw my hands up and say "forget it".......

Cant give up on this site for something like this. There is far more to this site. Ive been here over a year, and have yet to have any annoyances that would make me leave (people? yes, board issues? no!).....its a message board - it will have issues at times. Welcome to the world of technology
And I can promise, there are no boards out there better then this.

If you have habit of using the preview button then type out your response in Word, then c&P it to your post. Or just hit "submit" and if you see errors, go and correct it. Works for me. I have never once used the preview feature. I guess I find it unnecessary

[edit on 4/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
The Javascript should tell you how many characters you have left

Yes, the Javascript shows me how many characters I have left. I've discovered that I'm only seeing the "can't send" button if I preview my post. I don't know what's going on, or why that's happening all of a sudden, but I didn't change anything at my end.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The preview post aspect of the new minimal-character script is still showing some bugs, and is being worked on.

The whole point of this new feature/code is to ensure that we focusing meaningful contributions to all threads in all forums... and automatically restrict the high number of minimal posts we've been seeing of late.

I picked a low-traffic day of a US holiday to work on it... so please be patient.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join