It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs Hires Law Firm To Shut Blogger's Site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

They are probably worried about naked short sellers bringing them down.

See, now that is some delicious irony!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Time to break up Goldman...

Readers know that I am not a subscriber to Plunge Protection Team (PPT) theory. However, I am open to the idea that it is possible for Broker Dealers or Bank Holding Companies to be trading their own accounts ahead of customer accounts and/or advising clients (or the public) one way (and trading the other), on purpose.

That is not a direct accusation. Instead it is a statement of what is possible due to lack of sufficient separation between trading groups, advisory groups, and a myriad of hedge funds sponsored by the broker dealers and bank holding companies.

I love Mish!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thank you! The stock market is a nightmare. All the smart money is still sitting on the side lines.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Darky6K

All i know is when GS got into trouble or another firm for that matter, I see cash as in bailout money being exchanged from those firms to GS, last i looked it was AIG receiving bailout with GS ending with a part of it.

of course this money could be for back payment of some sort.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

GoldmanSachs666.com?

Why not go all the way and throw in "Mabus" in there so he can play the Nostradamus card! It is a catchy name though....

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Time to break up Goldman...

Readers know that I am not a subscriber to Plunge Protection Team (PPT) theory. However, I am open to the idea that it is possible for Broker Dealers or Bank Holding Companies to be trading their own accounts ahead of customer accounts and/or advising clients (or the public) one way (and trading the other), on purpose.

That is not a direct accusation. Instead it is a statement of what is possible due to lack of sufficient separation between trading groups, advisory groups, and a myriad of hedge funds sponsored by the broker dealers and bank holding companies.

I love Mish!

Love that too! Thanks for posting the link, added it to my favorites!
This part - ...that is not a direct accusation...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Found this little piece while doing research, it seems like not only GS is involved but other banks as well, there should be an immediate investigation with full Audit of these banks......

The government bailout of AIG, at more than $180 billion so far, has primarily gone to pay off AIG's credit default swap obligations to counterparty gamblers Goldman Sachs, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase and Bank of America, the banks who believe they are "too big to fail". In effect, these institutions today believe they are so large that they can dictate the policy of the federal government. Some have called it a bankers' coup d'etat. It definitely is not healthy.

Geithner and Wall Street are desperately trying to hide this dirty little secret because it would focus voter attention on real solutions. The federal government has long had laws in place to deal with insolvent banks.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) places the bank into receivership, its assets and liabilities are sorted out by independent audit. The irresponsible management is purged, stockholders lose and the purged bank is eventually split into smaller units and when healthy, sold to the public. The power of the five mega banks to blackmail the entire nation would thereby be cut down to size. Ooohh. Uh Huh?

Link

And lets not forget Summers, Geithner, Paulson, Rubin for setting these banks up to receive TARP funds.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

Thank your for your input!

Yes let us not forget the villians of TARP. Paulson especially now that he has escaped the tarplight. By far one of the most illuminating reads on GS, Paulson, and the banking cartel!
www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Over the past few years, people from Goldman Sachs have assumed control over large parts of the federal government. Over the next few they might just take over the whole darn thing.

Now that's scary!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Depending on how you look at it! If your the Fed, or the Administration...it could be quite comforting!

UPDATE 9-22-08 Goldman is going to become a bank holding company and former Goldman CEO Paulson is about to become an American oligarch. Details here.

UPDATE 10-2007 Goldman Sachs becomes bank holding company on September 21. On October 6, Treasury Secretary and former Goldman head signs tax rule changes giving huge tax benefits to bank holding companies.

UPDATE 10-2008-Neel Kashkari named Treasury Interim Assistant Secretary for Financial Stability is a former Goldman Sachs man.

UPDATE 12-04-2008-Word has leaked that Gerald Corriagan, the former head of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, is being tapped by Goldman Sachs as chairman of its newly created bank holding company.

UPDATE 1-18-2008 President-elect Barack Obama announces that his choice the head the CFTC is former Goldman exec. Gary Gensler.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Here's something from Youtube i find hilarious......

But serious, i think people are catching on......

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Come on, people. Don't you get it?

He messed up by using Goldman Sachs in his domain name.
GS can stop that. Easily.
They don't care what some crazy guy rants about.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

[size=14]Exactly

He messed up by using Goldman Sachs in his domain name.
GS can stop that. Easily.
They don't care what some crazy guy rants about.

Logic? what's Logic?

No Thanks... We will just push on with our on agenda.

Honestly I have been in the Internet Marketing industry for a lone time. I know what I am talking about when I say it has nothing to do with the content. Its about the dissolution of their trademark.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by ranhome]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ranhome

I am not doubting your occupation...however the fact that he is using part of thier name, coupled together with the number string 666 could be defended easliy by a claim of parody. I am sure any attorney in that field would be familiar with that angle. For your education...a video.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by ranhome

I am not doubting your occupation...however the fact that he is using part of thier name, coupled together with the number string 666 could be defended easliy by a claim of parody. I am sure any attorney in that field would be familiar with that angle. For your education...a video.

Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that you'd get your education about copyright law from an absurdly pieced together string of cartoons.

You should feel silly.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Just trying to keep it simple for the simple minded. Obviouly ranhome knows little about copyright law, or he will not expound on it.

If you have alot going on in the area of knowledge, here is a bit of law for you.

bulk.resource.org...
papers.ssrn.com...

As I outlined in an earlier post...there are cases in which the First Amendment may override the Copyright Act and actually give someone a constitutional right, for example, to make a sequel or a parody even if that would not technically be a fair use under the copyright laws.

Now I am not saying that www.golmansachs666.com will win
over Golman Sachs (Goldman Sucks) but I sure hope Morgan gives them a run for his money.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Hey ships, that quote reminds me of the one you showed me the other day. It kind of reminds me of Whorton. Just no who's and what's involved.

You are a wise friend.

I would suspect Bank of America would have a 666 web addy.

Me and 2 other friends compared debit cards and were alarmed by the consistant 6's on them. It may just be a coincidence.

I'd be curious if others noticed the same.

I'm thinks Wells Fargo, which is better off at the moment, Citi and BOA all go down together. BOA first will cause an immediate trickle down effect.

This could set off panic in the streets, martial law, etc.

I think Goldman is more diverse and can stand a bit longer than the banks mentioned. They are smart not to keep all their apples in one cart.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Thanks, I just loved the video of cartoon snippets. One poster did not, and maybe they did not watch it...but it is on the money. Copyright law is tricky and if your playing hardball, why not use that to your advantage.

Take that Goldman Sucks!

Yes, the banking cartel is really playing hard, they know they have the backing. Oh well, all we can do is prepare! You and I know what is coming...funny though I still can not help but smile when I type out www.goldmansachs666.com!

On some other thread, I had a comment that the solution to mans problems was to create a computer to run the world, and be in charge of mankind.
I still think that poster has not a clue that he is asking for the BEAST 666.

edit spell

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's funny "take that Goldman sucks" youre right most dont have a clue about the 666 thing.

It does make sense that a global computer that can run the world may be called "the Beast" I find it odd that is what Obama calls his Presidential limo.

Simply having a Global computer called 666 is not a coincidence either.

Usualy when I put it out there in those terms I get several of those little laughing smileys's laughing at me. Those are so annoying when used to ridicule a person.

So it goes to say that Goldman is not a who but a what.

I also forgot to say;

[edit on 14-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Morgan is still vowing resistance, this is a newer article on GS and Morgans site...www.goldmansachs666.com.

According to the nonprofit Electronic Frontier Foundation's section on intellectual property rights and bloggers, "nominative fair use" of a company's trademark, even in the context of complaints about a company, "is permitted if using the trademark is necessary to identify the products, services, or company you're talking about, and you don't use the mark to suggest the company endorses you."

Morgan calls his blog an "open forum for facts and discussion about what part Goldman Sachs and their executives played in the current Global Economic Crisis."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join