It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to say I love you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Okay, this guy who's been a really close friend told me a few months ago that he "really likes" me. I have a bad track record with love, and I *really* don't want to hurt this one because he's really a great and sensitive guy, and one of my best friends. He's never had a real girlfriend/relationship or been in love, whereas I have been in several relationships, felt "true love" once (first boyfriend- really f*cked me up because he was bipolar, suicidal and I believed I could save him until he ended up finally overdosing). So I've been playing it cool with this guy, because I know too well how love can be really painful and don't want either of us getting hurt, or ruining the friendship. Lately it's been progressing to something really intense though, I really fell for him hard and from the way he acts I believe it's mutual. I really want to tell him but every time I work myself up to say it I just can't, so I decided to write it out in a poem. I dunno if it sounds cheesy though, I tried to keep it short, sweet, and to the point. Here's the poem, what do you think?

there's a lot I find quite hard to say
so much I hold back for some other day
it's hard to let my emotions show
but now I think it's time you should know
my feelings for you are really quite true
as are these three words: I love you.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Voltzen

honey just tell this guy how you feel. You already know he feels the same way so do'nt waste any more time. Life is short and he could well be "the one" you've been waiting for all your life. He could even be your soul mate. Take a chance and I wish you both much happiness ahead sister.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster-Just tell him.

Also, seeing as it's probably his first time, I wouldn't expect him to come outright and say it. I say this because even though he is in a relationship with you, he could still be confused because it's his first official one. This is all coming from first hand experience.

General background for me-A guy that has had no previous relationships, but recently found solace from someone else he would like to say "I love you" to but cannot muster up the courage to do so. (In short, similar to your friend).

Hopes this helps some

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

honey just tell this guy how you feel. You already know he feels the same way so do'nt waste any more time.

Ditto.

We're guys. We're thick in the head. The poem will not communicate it nearly as strongly as hearing you say it. Just say it.

One of my best friends (ok, I'm a geek, so a LOT of my best friends) weren't in a lot (or any) relationships prior to their first serious one, and so they tend to mess up a lot more than more experienced guys (and for some reason, stubbornly refuse our advice)...so just be prepared for that....(and be direct, subterfuge will be lost on the relationship inexperienced)....

top topics

join