It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was This Feeling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Please forgive me if this is the incorrect forum for this. I'm rather new to the whole posting thing aside from making replies and whatnot.

So I've always had an innate ability when it comes to some forms of energy manipulation. Like I've always told my friends who ask how I do it, I can't really explain it. I visualize what I want to happen and let my instincts run wild.

As an example, I've been able to help a friend get over terrible headaches on numerous occasions. The way I do it is I simply close my eyes and visualize energy in and around me, reaching out towards this friend, and mingling with the energy I see around and in them. Then I just concentrate on the desire of taking the pain away. After a few minutes of this I open my eyes and just about every time my friend tells me that their headache is just suddenly gone. I've been able to do this with large varieties of pain that people feel.

Well, tonight a friend and I were talking about magic and I had somewhat of an epiphany, I guess. We were discussing that magic could just be manipulation of energy in and around a person. So thinking on that, I recalled that a friend who was a practicing wiccan had told me once that a spell she had tried had failed because she didn't have enough energy. Well, tonight that clicked in my head and I thought, "Well, doesn't the whole world have energy and all the animals and whatnot? Why could a person not just act as a channel for that energy instead of relying on the energy stores in their own body to cast a spell?"

So as an experiment, I decided to try just channeling energy from around me. I closed my eyes and visualized energy rising from the Earth, into my feet, into my body, and then out my hands. Essentially just seeing if anything would happen. I have to say, that I was rather shocked by the feelings I got from this. I'm not going to go on about how I was suddenly able to do amazing things, utilize telekinesis, etc. That didn't happen. It was more just sensations that I had.

I could feel my feet tingling as I imagined the energy rising up through them and my hands became warm. At the same time, I began to hear what sounded like conversations going on, but at a distance. I could hear voices and could tell that there were words, but I couldn't make out what was being said. At the same time, I was filled with this sensation like giddy anticipation, as if something was JUST about to happen. It was almost like pulses, every 45s-1min. I'd feel this pulse come through me and it just felt like something was about to happen, but then it would back off. It gave me the feeling like something was about to change, to shift I guess. I don't really know how to explain the sensation in words. It wasn't something I can really explain. It was a pleasant sensation, though.

Anyhow, I don't know how well I explained my experiences here, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced such a thing and if they know what it is?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriggsBU
Well, tonight a friend and I were talking about magic and I had somewhat of an epiphany, I guess. We were discussing that magic could just be manipulation of energy in and around a person. So thinking on that, I recalled that a friend who was a practicing wiccan had told me once that a spell she had tried had failed because she didn't have enough energy. Well, tonight that clicked in my head and I thought, "Well, doesn't the whole world have energy and all the animals and whatnot? Why could a person not just act as a channel for that energy instead of relying on the energy stores in their own body to cast a spell?"

If you use your own life force that's ok do what you like but when you try and tap into a common life force you'll have to start at the bottom and work your way up. In other words, do with your house whatever you like but don't think you can just claim all the houses in town just because you say you can.

Maybe think a little smaller and start with a tree or a plant (which you have bought yourself or was given to you) instead of some megalomaniac "Hey let's channel ALL the energy in the entire world and see what happens!".

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It sounds like you have a natural talent. I have a small amount of the skill you have but not so intense. I hope you get some good advice here. From my point of view, I think the feeling behind a meditation is the most important thing... maybe you can get the same results by trying to recall that feeling and amping it up. Your approach is simple and intuitive, and I think that's a good thing.

You might want to try reading "The Power of Silence" by Carlos Castaneda.

I would be careful of negative energies though, and remember to clear/banish well, otherwise you might run into problems later on. I messed myself up for a while by not clearing thoroughly enough.

Anyway, I'll bow out now, cos I'm not an expert........

Good luck.

P.S. the I Ching has given me consistent and often amazing results with energy work...

[edit on 14f20090amSun, 12 Apr 2009 07:05:31 -050031 by HiAliens]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

We were discussing that magic could just be manipulation of energy in and around a person.
I couldn't have said it better myself. But, I would expand on that and say: "Magic is the manipulation of any energy in the universe, whether energy in and around a living being, an inanimate object or anything else. This manipulation of energy is powered by sheer willpower, belief and intent."

So as an experiment, I decided to try just channeling energy from around me. I closed my eyes and visualized energy rising from the Earth, into my feet, into my body, and then out my hands. Essentially just seeing if anything would happen. I have to say, that I was rather shocked by the feelings I got from this.

I would be careful with that. If you could turn one gram matter into pure energy you could blow up the solar system...it was something on that scale any way. Take the previous advice given and start small.

The way I do it is I simply close my eyes and visualize energy in and around me, reaching out towards this friend, and mingling with the energy I see around and in them. Then I just concentrate on the desire of taking the pain away.

That's a perfect example of my theory in action. Although I can't really do much in terms of manipulating reality and energy with my mind, I have a well thought out theory on how it may work. You can read it here:
Enforced Logic - Reality and "Magic"

[edit on 12/4/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Maybe think a little smaller and start with a tree or a plant (which you have bought yourself or was given to you) instead of some megalomaniac "Hey let's channel ALL the energy in the entire world and see what happens!".

I didn't mean to come off as a megalomaniac.
I was just curious and the concept seemed to make sense. Like I said, most of what I do is on an instinctual level, so when something occurs to me I experiment to see what the results are. I do try to be careful when I'm doing such. I've no desire to cause harm to another person, but I do desire to learn and advance myself.

I would be careful of negative energies though, and remember to clear/banish well, otherwise you might run into problems later on. I messed myself up for a while by not clearing thoroughly enough.

What is clearing/banishing and how does one do it? I don't want to end up doing something bad. >_< I've been told by a friend that I have strong natural shields, so I guess I've always sort of just relied on that.

That's a perfect example of my theory in action. Although I can't really do much in terms of manipulating reality and energy with my mind, I have a well thought out theory on how it may work. You can read it here:

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to check it out

But does anyone have any information on what the voices were or that feeling of giddy anticipation? I've got some good feedback so far, but as always, I want to know more

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey

I know we shall not use 1 liners.. but there is only one point in your post where i have a sentense for:

please dont take the energy from the earth up to your body..

try to see the energy coming down from sky

if you see the energy wave coming up from earth to you, it might can be that you put some "bad" energy with it up. of course, the nature is good. but the nature is also wild and free. So be carefull if you use it.

again:

the energy is over you, you put it down.
not from the ground to body..

btw

Nia

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It saddens me that these boards move so fast and I can't really get any answer to the two questions I'm trying to get answers for.

** And holy crap, 200 character limit now? I thought the 45 was bad enough. This is just getting ridiculous.

top topics

join