It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers Slaughter 5 innocent Afgans "we're sorry"(Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Mosul
this is a very good example of the american democracy being carried out everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan

No, that is not an example of democracy at all. It is however, an example of the many injustices that have taken place at the hands of many of our soldiers.

No matter how you put it though, it is a sad, tragic situation. I only hope the monsters that commited this act, get what is coming to them.

I do not mean, an eye for an eye, that is so hypocritical, but they do need to be punished. It was just wrong...

I don't know what else to say here...

It is just a real shame that this happened, isnt it?

Whatever happened to getting our troops out ASAP anyway? I guess it was just another hollow campaign promise.... What a shame.... well Obama did pretty much just get into office so mabye that last statement isnt completly fair ....Ugh. I need to go to bed.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

It is a real shame this happens

Even more shame that its happening more

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It;s weird how they say "If US soldiers are found to have used excessive force..."

How could covering people with a blanket and shooting them to death not be considered excessive?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
How do you accidently shoot a pregnant woman?? How do you accidently cover 5 unarmed people with blankets and accidently shoot them?

Answer: This was no accident!!

Stories like this crop up all over Iraq and Afghanistan all the time. It creates civil unrest, therefore further justifying the fact that the army 'needs' to be there.

I feel so much for the young boy in the video. Watching his mother and family murdered. What's the chances he'll pick up a gun in the future to fight the American opressors?

'Sorry' just doesn't cut it in these circumstances.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
First, it's al-jazeera.

Second, it was a joint task force. Who shot the civilians us or the afghans? and what role did American troops have in this if any?

MITT teams will have 1 or 2 U.S. Army trainers embedded in a platoon of Afghan army. They are there for operations and guidance. Not to command.

All I'm saying is wait until you get the full story before you pass a judgment, but it appears most of you already have before you came to this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join