It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. shipped 989 munitions containers to Israel week before Gaza invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

U.S. shipped 989 munitions containers to Israel week before Gaza invasion

www.globalresearch.ca

In the dying days of the Bush administration, and a week before Israel launched an aerial bombing campaign, followed by a land invasion of the Gaza Strip, the U.S. military shipped 989 containers of munitions to Israel.

Each container was 20-feet long with a total estimated net weight of 14,000 tonnes. The shipment reportedly reached Israel last month at Ashod, 40 kiometres north of Gaza. The huge arsenal of munitions will replenish those expended in the Gaza War.

According to Amnesty Inte
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

According to Amnesty International in the UK, the shipment included white phosphorous.

This is serious, that means that the U.S. would have to ensure Israel wouldn't be tried for war crimes, or else it could have some form of implication.

Another incident was verified on the last day of the assault Jan. 18 in which a white phosphorus shell bombed the UNRWA school killing two children and injuring their mother.

“UNWRA has stated that they have evidence of white phosphorous having being fired into their installations, including the UNWRA school in Beit Lahia. This is also supported by video footage of phosphorous shells being.” Stated the report.

www.alarabiya.net...

It was even used on schools and other desenly populated areas.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They U.S and Israeli officials obviously discussed an attack on Gaza months before it happened...

Don't attack Israel and you won't get attacked.

People condem Israel because their retaliation is too hard.
So be it, I say.

I don't agree on all of the "sancations" put against Gaza though.
Their living conditions and lack of food and power is a great concern.

But so is Africa?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yep. Another Bush and Israel war crimes being revealed... No big surprise. Still there's gonna be deniers on that.

Now they've replenish their reserves... so they are ready for another war? Didn't a big shipment of arms and ammo went to Israel not long ago? Wouldn't that be a sign of another operation coming?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It shocks, saddens and offends me that the United States are our tax dollars help to perpetuate this indescriminate human barbarity.

Violence is never a solution to a problem, rather it is just a sure sign a problem exists.

Israel should only be supported in making a firm peace, not with the implements of war.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I don't agree on all of the "sancations" put against Gaza though.
Their living conditions and lack of food and power is a great concern.

Isn't it though. Some may say that it's provocative.

But so is Africa?

The US is sending, arms, aid, um, anything to Africa? I fail to see the similarity.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the USA and Israel...

and if you think this new president will treat them any different? you can count that one over again because it will be the same.. if not i fear even worse

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The sad thing is this doesn't even surprise me anymore.
Considering we Napalmed the hell out of Vietnam.

What is most important to me is to know if anyone is going to do anything about this???? It would seem to me that some international court should bring those busturds boys of Bush, and him, should bring them up on war crimes.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
The sad thing is this doesn't even surprise me anymore.
Considering we Napalmed the hell out of Vietnam.

What is most important to me is to know if anyone is going to do anything about this???? It would seem to me that some international court should bring those busturds boys of Bush, and him, should bring them up on war crimes.

the sad thing is mate is no nothing will be done, no one will be convicted and everything will remain the same..because even the slightest out cry against Israel people say you are racist and attacking Jews..plus the US and Isrieal have such close ties it wouldn't matter anyway

sad indeed

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
because even the slightest out cry against Israel people say you are racist and attacking Jews..

That's the worse part, makes my blood boil when that happens

but I guess that's a defense mechanism for someone who has nothing logical to say in defense

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
989 containers of munitions and each weighing 14k tonnes?

Flippin hek did israel plan to take over the whole of Middle East or something? Even 1/10 of that ammmo would have been more than enough for operations in a place like Gaza.Just goes to show israel didn't only wana attack the 'terrorists' but also wanted the civillian population in gaza to face the wrath of IDF.

The funny part is, rockets still haven't stopped coming outa gaza.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

People condem Israel because their retaliation is too hard.
So be it, I say.

So be it you say?

Just google "The Other Inconvenient Truth" and see if you still share the same idea.

The evidence are mounting that US and Israel are using the opportunity of Gaza to test out their new weapons.

Sanctions are just the icing on the cake for Israel, and a bit of respite from the nightmare that is raining from the sky for the people of Gaza.

If this is not the war crime of this century, Then they would be no such thing as a war crime. Period.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Another $6.4 billion down the drain supporting a war that in no way whatsoever benefits the United States.

In fact, it threatens it, by giving Fundamentalists everywhere an excuse to kill US soldiers and carry out terrorist attacks.

I mean this why is American troops die in Iraq & Afghanistan. Israel, the Saudi relationship and now a perceived permanent "tenancy" in the Middle East from the US are the three main grievances of every Jihadist group.

When are we going to cut the umbilical and let Israel fight it's own goddamn genocides?

[edit on 12/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You do know that Gaza conflict ended in January, and those supplies were only finished unloading in end of March. So they could not have been used. Of course it is probable that Israel ordered them in advance knowing that it will need to replenish stocks after Gaza operation - but i personally fear that it is simply preparing for possible war with Iran. Amounts are too huge considering what was used in Gaza and what needs to be replaced.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
it wouldn
t be 14,000 tonnes per container. it would be 14,000 kgs per container. those 20 feet containers can only support like 30 tons before you cant put them on legally on a truck.... i need 11 more characters now i can submit

new topics

top topics

join