It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumper pins in battery compartment of TV/cable remote?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Thanks for the info Revolution-2012. The situation I referred to happpened a long time ago and I wasn't really sure what role the remote was playing. It appears it had no role at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Icarus Rising

That is a connection to program the remote to there cable box. They plug in one from factory it sets up the buttons they give it to you to use. Better thanb the old way of having to type in codes into the remote.

I don't know what it does but I can ask for you

I can tell you that the above poster is probably not correct or we would have every one of my field techs with that cable rather then the stupid codes we use now.

I think its actually to just program the remote for the systems settings. But I will find out tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It is interesting to consider, however, your statement on why the push to get everyone to get a box like this into their homes.

Whether or not this particular aspect of your remote is suspect, the question about these new converter boxes troubles me a bit.

I recall Katherine Albrecht talking about cable boxes being outfitted with listening devices well before all of this digital conversion took place.

It really is food for thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

The really weird thing about my experience was the very strange feeling the TV set was somehow receiving its signal from me, and when the remote was used to tune the set to the guide channel, it was as if the channel lineup was scrolling through my thought topics. The weirdest part was, the channel lineup was blank! You know, how it is when the guide hasn't loaded? Call me crazy, but that is what happened.

Anyway, this was a long time ago. It hasn't happened since, Praise God!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Icarus Rising]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join