It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What food makes you happy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Reese's peanut butter eggs

and steak and eggs

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

What the heck are those hockey pucks on your plate?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Now_Then

What the heck are those hockey pucks on your plate?

Ambrosia. ... (black pud)
edit on 18/1/2011 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Greek salad and mashed potatoes
Oh, and that "Cotten Candy" blizzard that Dairy Queen used to have

I can't help but feel extremely hungry reading this forum. I need to go eat my feelings now, excuse me..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Real food makes me happy. The term "Happy Meal," in particular, really ticks me off. Food is not happy, food is life. So, what is "real food" ?? For me, real food is high in complex carbohydrates and made from whole foods. This weekend I came up with a recipe I'm thrilled with: Red Beans and Rice, yummo.

1 cup of dried red beans, this can range from aduki beans to kidney beans to small South American red beans (check your favorite Latino grocery store for these). Soak in 3 cups of filtered water overnight in the refrigerator.

In the morning, prepare 1 batch of whole-grain brown rice, any variety will work. Set aside.

Drain off the excess water from the soaked beans...use the water to water your garden plants. Empty the beans into a cooking pot, add 2 cups of filtered water and cover the pot with a lid...if you want extra flavor, replace some or all of the water with your own vegetable stock, but it must be unsalted stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove the pot lid and reduce heat to a medium boil for 1 hour. When there is not a lot of water left, add 2-3 cups of filtered water all at once; you will see a lot of foam...skim that off with a slotted spoon..the foam is from indigestible sugars that will give anyone gas if the foam is not skimmed off. When the mixture is cooked (beans become soft) and the liquid is as saucy as you like, add a large pinch of sea salt, a tablespoon of your favorite Latino green sauce (Herdoz is good) (or if you are really daring, a TBSP or so of finely grated horseradish, common in American gardens before hot peppers came into vogue), a pinch of ground coriander, and a pinch of your favorite curry powder. Mix, taste, adjust seasoning if needed, and serve either separately or mixed in with the rice, as you wish. In a soup bowl, I usually serve out my rice portion, then ladle the saucy beans over the top of the rice. It is sooooo good.

Serves 2 starving people, or 4 people if other items are also being served for a complete meal. This is also a great potluck dish to bring to a SuperBowl party, folks.

edit on 1/25/2011 by Uphill because: Added my recipe for the beans.

edit on 1/25/2011 by Uphill because: Added more recipe details.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

LOL!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have just discovered fondant potato's, or t obe more precise fondant sweet potato's.
They are extremely delicious, thought i would try it last week and have made it 3 times already.

Plus all this kebab talk make me want to rustle a couple of those up too.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
chocolate, candy..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Chick-fil-A makes me happy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What food makes me happy i would have to say sushi,seafood,cherry crunch,and eggnog i love those foods and that drink. what food makes you happy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join