It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Purpose Pagan Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Beltane is coming fast and it got me thinking...

Where are the other Pagans, Wiccans and Druids out there? I'd love to meet you all and would love to discuss some things if you feel like stopping by.

So let me start by asking a few basics

Who do you follow?
What do you practice?
Do you like to be with a collective or by yourself?

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
just wanted to stop by quick and add me name to the list..

i'll post more information about me when i have a bit more then a second

cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hello! I was thinking about Beltane yesterday, and the weather has shifted into Spring here for sure...it's gorgeous. Great idea for a thread.

Have posted this before, but I'm a solitary witch...it's just easier that way...
...Don't follow anything in particular, but the closest definition would be green witch, I guess. Will look forward to more replies, and what happens at Beltane depends on the weather...this is Scotland! It might well be snowing....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Excellent. I've found myself that I am pretty solitary with my works. My wife is also a Pagan but we sort of keep to ourselves until Sabbat comes and then we get together to perform whichever rituals we perform. I am a follower of Isis myself and someday I think I may look a bit deeper into the Wiccan spirituality.

Godd to see you two

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Blessed be to you all

I'm solitary, don't formally call myself anything, but "eclectic pagan" fits just fine.

Great idea for a thread! I look forward to actively participating.

My husband is a catholic and we respect each other's beliefs, so we each have to celebrate on our own. It works just right for us, I suppose, though there are times I do wish he and I could do a ritual together

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That's excellent I think. Having a combination of spiritualities and existing peacefully together. Would love to see that sort of adoration everywhere else.

Welcome aboard. I think maybe I'll start just asking some questions. Sound like a winner?

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That sounds great-- I look forward to the discussions.

And now to kill a few characters *eye roll* How many of you were raised Pagan? Or did you 'convert'? I was one of the converted, though it was strictly on my own since I'm the only Pagan I know.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Converted on my own as well

I was raised Catholic and didn't find any answers. Those I found I couldn't agree with so I looked towards all other faiths until I found Paganism

I would call myself eclectic as well in a way.

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
*wave*
Solitary-ish, High Priestess.
I'm big on Bonewits and Lipp and not so much on Cabot.
Big on Eliade, big on nature and Mother Earth. I am an atheist as of now but I did the whole goddess and god thing for a long time, grew up with it a little.

I still celebrate the holidays and keep my altar and cast and such.

So *wave* here I am.
Boyfriend is Wiccan as well. I consider myself Pagan. It's more all-purpose. I used to think the hierarchy was sweet until I went through hoops to get the title and went "Oh, this is dumb"

So, I'm Pagan, not Wiccan.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I can appreciate your distaste for the hierarchy. I started the 'levels' a while ago and frankly found I learned better by myself and studying. Don't get me wrong, anyone who goes through it fine in my book, just not for me is all

Welcome

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey....I know what you mean about the training. I've never done it, because every time I try to start, something happens to stop it and I'm reminded that the only teacher I need is spirit, if I work on making the connections strong enough. I found my pagan roots in my early 30's really, after being raised as Church of Scotland Protestant....a bit severe. It's kinda interesting that we all have similar backgrounds.

Does anyone have any celebration plans for Beltane? I got some incense recipes somewhere here....will dig them out....

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I thought I liked the whole training thing, because at the time I was dating someone who was kind of prestigious in the Pagan community... but then I realized (after I was done) that it wasn't all clear and it was mostly memorization and honestly, I don't remember most of what I learned. I was raised Jewish, my great grandmother studied Qabala back in Europe, and mom is a hippie so that's where the roots are. No clue about my Beltane plans yet, I think I might go for a nature walk and press some of the fallen flowers.

Something quiet.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I am a Pagan who believes in the Mother Goddess and Mother Earth Goddess. I started to believe that Terra was created by a feminine force when I went to the Rocky Mountains. If anyone here gets the chance, go to the majestic mountain ranges out west, and then to the Pacific Ocean. Such intricate beauty can only come from an intelligence.

I started to read many different books on the Goddesses and other Pagan ideas. I am hard to pin down, but do believe the Mother Goddess is Isis (or Ishtar). She has many names, and I was quite interested to learn that early Hebrew temples were dedicated to Ishtar/Isis. Isis was so popular when Christianity was around that the Council of Nicea put Jesus' mother Mary on a Goddess pedestal (Mary Mother of God).

There are many truths out there, and the fun part of my journey is finding the truths. May the Goddess bless you all.

I have to keep my spiritual side to myself, as my family is devout Catholic on one side with a few Fundamentalist Christians thrown in the mix. Ouch!

[edit on 4/13/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Does anyone have any celebration plans for Beltane? I got some incense recipes somewhere here....will dig them out....

Oh yes, please do share. I've never got off my butt to make my own incense yet, but I do want to.

In regards to the hierarchy, I, too, find that I learn better on my own. I do most of my work in the astral and that works best for me. I do belong to an OBE group and that has helped tremendously! Members of that group are of all faiths, though, so we have found it best not to mention any religious topics.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Who are everyone's patrons? Mine are Osiris, Anubis, Atargatis and Halia.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Kali is my go-to girl!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I am not pagan obviously, but I have viewpoint question, (no wrong answer)

What is your perspective on this?

The Ark Of Hope

It seem like it's Pagan to me, and it combines all religions and belief structures in the world together into one.

But notice the focus of these 5 elements.
Air
Water
Fire
Spirit
Earth

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That's a very beautiful idea! I got interrupted, but I want to come back and read more of it. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It does have a Pagan'ish' flair to it but it seems to me that this could represent any spirituality or even no spirituality. I dig it

ravenshadow13: Isis is the one for me

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Isis (Ishtar) and Ceres (Demeter) are my patron Goddesses. I also like Diana (Hecate) and have read up on other Mother Goddesses. Gaia (Terra) is the main Goddess, as she is the Earth. I give thanks to her all the time. When I say Goddess Bless, I usually mean Gaia.

Male Gods are: Thoth (Hermes or Mercury) and Osiris.

I do think it is interesting that Easter is so Pagan. The date is at the beginning of spring, and many Spring Goddesses are given feasts and thanks for bringing the change from winter to summer. The Easter Bunny is a Pagan holdover from the Celtic religions, as they had rabbits bringing eggs, which are fertility symbols.

[edit on 4/14/2009 by kidflash2008]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join