It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US government really need to crack down on the blackmarket raw milk trade?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Every substance known to man can be harmful under the wrong conditions and without adequate care, but that is not justification for a government to begin to control the food supply of the people.

Under what sane regime can the people allow a government to restrict and control the provision of food? That's like a government controlling how much air you breathe!

I'd love to see more of this. People need to turn their attention to how they are going to provide food for their family. That should be the priority for all Humans. Local trade and local markets are the way to increase the general health of a population. Transporting food thousands of miles after massive manipulation and chemical treatment is not conducive to Human health.

The current direction we are taking as a species, where everything is centrally controlled and food delivery is provided solely by a few giant corporations (designed to make a profit AT ALL COSTS) is not adequate, it's not healthy and it isn't supportive of the community.

If I had a market down the road from me where locally grown produce was sold by my neighbors, and where I could sell produce too, I would be there every other day. I'd gladly choose that over and above the pre-packaged, irradiated, dyed, flavored, artificially preserved crap permeating our society.

I guess it's just another aspect of my Utopian dream of modern society. And unfortunately, people are too stupid to see how bad things have become. It'll take a near-apocalypse to change the idiot Human race.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well the silver thing you'll never see anytime soon, since government doesn't recognize it. On top of that, drinking that colloidal silver stuff long enough and it goes into your skin and turns it silver/blueish. Some people drink milk everyday..

Ozone I've heard of for water, but for milk who knows what it'd do. It would more than likely change the taste a lot.

Well appearntly I need 205 more characters, wow, thats different. I wonder when that change happened. Used to be two lines and now I have to type more.....almost there.....so close........................there we go

[edit on 12-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
On top of that, drinking that colloidal silver stuff long enough and it goes into your skin and turns it silver/blueish. Some people drink milk everyday..

Ozone I've heard of for water, but for milk who knows what it'd do. It would more than likely change the taste a lot.

Yes, Ozone may change the taste of milk, but it would be worth experimenting with. Only one guy ever has turned blue from silver, and that was because it was made improperly in his garage with a car battery. Millions of people use real silverware every day, and take CS as a supplement but haven't turned blue. Pioneers in America used to drop a silver dollar in milk to keep it fresh. I think that argyria story is so much over-blown copypasta.

This site has good info on CS:www.colloidalsilver.com.au...
Check the "controversies" page for myth-busting on Argyria.

Chlorine Dioxide is up and coming and one of the most powerful disinfectants. If someone had time they could check and see if Chlorine Dioxide killed any of the germs on the raw milk threat list.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When I was growing up, my grandfather had a farm. Milk fresh from the cow and still warm has a taste that cannot be duplicated.

All of Grandpa's cows had been tested for something or other and each of them had a metal tag on the ear. Presumably put there by the official government tester. It would seem that dairy cows would still be required to have these tests.
I think it was TB that they were tested for. I was a child and this didn't mean much to me.

Can't or don't they also test for brucellosis?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

We need raw milk to counter their bird flu they are getting ready to spray us down with (and inject us if we let them), and their Montsanto frankenfood, and their fake flavors and hallucinogenic excitotoxin flavors they put in their cheap denatured food to make us think we're really eating something good -- not to mention their fluoridated water and the mercury and formaldahyde they put in the shots they want us to give our kids --

Okayyyyyyyyyy.....so, let me ask a silly question here.

Is the raw milk these people are drinking from free range cows? Because if you are worried about Monsanto, and what they spray on food, or injections you might get, what makes you think the cows are immune from all of this?

There are all sorts of goodies in the food cows eat to produce their milk. They are also injected with a variety of substances.

Unless you raise your own milk cows, you are going to get the stuff you are worried about, even in raw milk.

So, what's the point, other than somebody making a lot of money off of people by letting them think they are getting something more healthy to drink?

Other than the milk not being pasturized, they are drinking the poison they are hoping to avoid with this milk, anyway!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I agree with the Lass. Not only Brucellosis, but Tuberculosis as well should be taken into consideration with raw milk.

Some French cheeses can only be made well from unpasteurized milk, but aside from them, I doubt it's worth the risk.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
its not a risk, because in places where raw milk is legal, the test the raw milk for these things just like they test all milk. It still has to be pathogen free. How is it a risk to drink raw milk if government agencies test it the same way they do processed milk?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Yes, and people working directly on the farm have for centuries. Now, let me ask you if you would drink that same raw milk, like in the OP, after it has cooled down, been allowed to be transported (possibly heated up again) and from a cow that might or might not be diseased? On your own farm you can control the health of the animal you take the milk from as well as use the milk in a 'warm' or fresh state. You can also control the feed.

Speaking of feed don't you guys remember the 'natural' Walla Walla brand sold in Starbuck's unpasteurized? Irreversible encephalitis. It was caused by contaminated water. It killed quite a few people. Are you really going to trust the quality to be the same as on the farm you controlled?

Like I said, let them sell it. Roll the dice it's your life. You don't have to believe us scientists.

You scientists have sold out to vested interests and can no longer be trusted.

Remember that scientist who faked 21 clinical trials for Merck and Pfizer?

You are little more then Rent-a-Scientist who spout what ever they are told to say by their paymasters.

Rent-a-mob.

Rent-a-scientist.

Rent-a-expert.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

You're right to an extent.

Some scientists are indeed employed by large global concerns & you have to wonder sometimes whether he who pays the piper also calls the tune. But with this issue it's basic public health we're talking about, the few scientists and many lab technicians involved are employed by your local public health department & their only concern is to limit the spread of disease & not to help maximise corporate profit.

In the UK this milk is called "green top" ... the bottles have a green cap indicating it isn't pasteurised. It's allowed to be sold in England & Wales to the consumer but only directly from the farm ... there's no middle man allowed, probably because there's no effective means to guarantee quality once it's in transit elsewhere. But the milk's banned in N. Ireland and Scotland on public health grounds, there the risk to public health is judged to be too great.

Green top is actually a good deal for the farmer, his milk prices aren't battered down by the supermarkets & he get a decent return, the milk's local and therefore environmentally friendly ... no tankers trundling from one end of the country to the other. And people like it, which is the main thing, I guess. Well ... they like it if they can afford it ... supermarkets "loss lead" milk simply to get you in the store, switch to green top and you'll notice your shopping bill rise dramatically.

But I'm for freedom to choose, provided the public health is protected.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
milk cannot be a black market product. its not illegal to drink unpasturised milk. its not exactly safe though. you can have your own cow so can your neighbor. its not illegal to pay your neighbor for his unpasturised milk.
if your gonna make a lot of money from it you need to pay taxes and insurances.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
milk cannot be a black market product. its not illegal to drink unpasturised milk. its not exactly safe though. you can have your own cow so can your neighbor. its not illegal to pay your neighbor for his unpasturised milk.
if your gonna make a lot of money from it you need to pay taxes and insurances.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Spearhead, thanks for a message so simple and basic that you had to point it out twice. Its wonderful when people actually decide to type out for us that 2+2=4, and show us their glaring grasp of the obvious, for those of us who might have missed it. At any rate....what should be obvious and reasonable is not. In many states here in the US, the government actually attacks coop cows. They come in and tell people its not legal for them to joint own a cow, and take away their rights to drink milk produced by the cow. It has happened and will again. They had a news article on it last year when i was in phoenix.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

I've been drinking raw milk for 2+ years. It's actually available commercially out in here in CA. [SNIP] I'm also a raw food bodybuilder and eat raw beef, chicken, tuna, and eggs on a daily basis. NEVER BEEN SICK! Yet I see people who've gotten sick eating peanut butter!

I suggest you give the human body more credit. While [SNIP] like you will cook, sterilize, and process their food to death so it's "safe" to eat, people like me who know the benefits of raw, healthy food will enjoy a level of health and vitality our degenerate population hasn't seen in a hundred years.

www.wewant2live.com
www.raw-milk-facts.com
www.organicpastures.com

Mod Edit: Removed insults. Please keep it civil.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Again you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. it is VERY MUCH illegal in the US to purchase/consume raw milk. Unless you own your own cow on your property it is illegal to buy raw milk fresh from a farm in most states. Some states like CO. have established a "cow share" program to get around this law. Michael Schmidt in Canada has had his raw milk dairy raided by armed government officials. You bet your ass raw milk is illegal. Thankfully in CA. it is sold commercially in many stores. But the rest of the US it is illegal.

Technically it's not illegal to consume it but since most people who drink it and want to drink it can't just go down to their local farmer and buy it.......figuratively it is illegal. The selling of raw milk is illegal to in my opinion yes the consumption is illegal as well. It's a stupid catch 22/paradox if you will.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I agree zosyn, i too did a raw diet for a little while, but i stayed with raw beef eggs, fish, milk, and cheeses. I couldnt stretch out to chicken or pork....and indeed most people shouldnt. Perhaps in cali you may have small producers who use safe processing of the chicken and such once its butchered, however in most states there are few resources for people to get clean healthy organic raw meat, as most industrial meat processing plants throw all the chickens and what not in a vat together, so most industrial raw chicken does indeed have salmonella and other pathogenic contaminants. Its all about the handling!

Here in New orleans where i live now, there are almost NO resources for whole or organic foods, and the 2, thats right 2 stores that we do have are astronomically expensive, especially compared with the depressed salaries out here.

Forgot to mention, when i did the raw diet....I WAS SUPERMAN!!! i only needed 5 or 6 hours of sleep each night, i had tons of energy, felt light and alert, my bench press improved by 20 lbs in a few weeks.... it was awesome. .....couldnt eat lunch with my friends or have many dinner dates though!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by pexx421]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
Aren't there lots of ways of sterilizing raw milk that we didn't have 100 years ago?

How about:
Colloidal Silver
Ozone
Chlorine Dioxide released from Sodium Chlorite

All three very powerful methods.

If we used cheap modern technology we could end that 1 per cent of doubt that some people may have.

This is assinine. We could irradiate milk and most of our food supply but why? Nature already has in plenty of safety nets concerning food. We've tinkered with our food supply plenty already. If animals are raised in healthy and human conditions there is no need to do any of that. But when you have mass produced commercial food companies that's when food gets tainted. Chlorine dioxide? Come on! There are tons of crap we used to think was "safe" that is no bad for us. I'll put my faith in mother nature when it comes to food and my food supply.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
I agree zosyn, i too did a raw diet for a little while, but i stayed with raw beef eggs, fish, milk, and cheeses. I couldnt stretch out to chicken or pork....and indeed most people shouldnt. Perhaps in cali you may have small producers who use safe processing of the chicken and such once its butchered, however in most states there are few resources for people to get clean healthy organic raw meat, as most industrial meat processing plants throw all the chickens and what not in a vat together, so most industrial raw chicken does indeed have salmonella and other pathogenic contaminants. Its all about the handling!

Here in New orleans where i live now, there are almost NO resources for whole or organic foods, and the 2, thats right 2 stores that we do have are astronomically expensive, especially compared with the depressed salaries out here.

Forgot to mention, when i did the raw diet....I WAS SUPERMAN!!! i only needed 5 or 6 hours of sleep each night, i had tons of energy, felt light and alert, my bench press improved by 20 lbs in a few weeks.... it was awesome. .....couldnt eat lunch with my friends or have many dinner dates though!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by pexx421]

Thanks bro. I hear ya. And yes in Cali there are several places to get grass fed beef, farm fresh eggs, and raw milk is sold commercially. I have not made the transition over to raw pork or raw chicken. Not many raw foodists I know of do raw pork anyways because it's considered such a dirty animal. But I know several people that eat raw chicken. One is a blind bodybuilder by the name of Randy Roach. Very great guy and he's left chicken out on the counter for a couple days because he forgot about it (being blind and all) came back to it and ate it and NO PROBLEMS! Don't know if I could do that though. LOL. And yes I feel amazing when I go all raw food, especially meat. But it's challenging like you said in our society to live that lifestyle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join