It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Cop Who Hit Ian Tomlinson 'has a heart attack'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Ill or not, if you commit a crime and are mentally competent, then you should stand trial, and go to jail if found guilty.

Don't want to go to jail when suffering an illness? DON'T COMMIT CRIME!

Well, he has to be declared mentally competent or else what does that potentially say about the state of the members of the law enforcement organization in general?

No matter which way it turns out, it's karmic as there's no escape. Justice for all must prevail or things will get worse, much worse.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Does anyone here remember "Spitting Image" and the character SPG, the neanderthal Special Patrol Group member, you know the actions of that officer just seem as if Gene Hunts is his hero!! Mayhap this all a ploy to try and portray the officer as a "decent"human, who got caught up in the event?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Apprently the officer has been

"He has been certified sick. A senior officer travelled to where he is and suspended him in person. He was due to go away anyway. I suppose he'd booked a holiday for Easter."

Another thing that has come under scrutiny, questions are asked as to why the constable under investigation was not wearing epaulettes, with his personal identifying numbers, on his high-visibility jacket. All the other officers in his group had them on display.

Maybe that was intentional...as in the video footage, that officer seemed to be the "leader" or "instigator". I think the way the officers were trained was to commit this type of riot inducing violence!

The Met has been ordered to review the crowd-control tactic known as the "kettle", which was used to pen in 5,000 demonstrators. Senior Scotland Yard officers who led Operation Glencoe, the plan to protect the summit and prevent disorder, have been summoned to explain their tactics to members of the force's watchdog body, the Metropolitan Police Authority.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

The officer that hit Ian Tomlinson from behind, first with a baton on the leg, and then shoved him to the ground. Ian Tomlinson was walking home from work with his hands in his pockets.

The officer claims he did not realize he was the one who had pushed Ian Tomlinson to the ground untill he saw video footage of the incident on T.V.

This pretty much explains the whole thing as a cover up. Not buying it, sorry. And its not Karma! The story doesn't match the video. Period!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think he's feeling remorse. Good for him. .......................................

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Law Of Attraction

I'm really trying to withhold judgment until all the facts are in, but this has "karma" written all over it.

I got banned on another board for saying that. Shame things do not work out like that really. The beasts in society always get the cream.

Do we believe this story,or is he trying to get some sympathy. All he is is just scum, and should be in jail.

I personally do not believe that the universe works like that or the beasts that run this world, would all be in the pits wouldn't they, in terms of karma. I think the people talking about irony are more correct, as i think irony plays a massive part in the universe we are in.

irony>karma in our universe.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My first reaction to this was "propaganda" trying to gain sympathy.

Right now they want to draw attention away from the fact that the Met and City Police both lied, covered-up and withheld information about this incident.

They need to gain the sympathy of the public, they're hoping that this will make people consider that the officer is a real person who now feels guilt with the realization of what he did, and that we'll all just forgive an error in judgment because he's "suffered enough".

Personally, I don't care. They've destroyed trust in their abilities to police the people. They are incapable, they are corrupt, they are accountable. Just like our government.
I really don't care about that officer either. He acted in bad judgment, and if any of us did the same we would have to face the consequences. He made the decision to attack an unarmed man walking away from him, when there was clearly no justification for it, he has to face the consequences of that violent decision.

It'll be interesting to see this "summer of rage" thing. I don't think much else will happen to be honest. They'll use their anti-terror powers to continue to erode freedom of opinion and freedom to protest, whole groups of people will be arrested and their "political material" will be used as evidence. They'll scare the people off by "suggesting" that having an opposing view of this government makes you an anarchist and therefore able to face arrest for your opinions.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is the way I see it happening: he doesn't call his superiors at all; they call him. Tell him that they know its him in the video, and If he wants to save his ass, he better feign remorse, and turn himself in. He fakes a heart attack, goes on sick leave (convenient, so now he doesn't have to be suspended, and he still gets paid), and it looks like he feels remorseful for what he's done.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very very hard to take anything good from this, but hopefully it'll paint a clear message to the large proportion of officers that often look to abuse and manipulate the powers they are entrusted with.

Such a shame that people like this officer show an incapability to at minimum maintain rationality, letting down so many that enter the job with the sole interest in the good deeds they'll commit during their job.

Pig's and Nazi's is just a bit over the top though I think, this one idiot should not condone the labelling of the many good men with such ludicrous and childish names. Respect where respect is due, and the reverse where applicable.

I am sincerely hoping this officer is given a fair trial, resulting in him being fairly put behind bars for non-premeditated manslaughter. That's something that'll be an example to all officers for years to come, hopefully an unquestionably fair example. This'll resurface in the UK for years to come, if any officer gives the slightest hint of power abuse and unwarranted force being used this'll without doubt play on the mind of any judge or jury. GOOD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join