It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Cop Who Hit Ian Tomlinson 'has a heart attack'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

G20 Cop Who Hit Ian Tomlinson 'has a heart attack'

www.mirror.co.uk

THE policeman filmed hitting a newspaper seller just before he died at the G20 protests has had a suspected heart attack.

The officer, who has not been named, claims he did not realise he was the man who pushed Ian Tomlinson to the ground until he saw footage on Wednesday’s TV news. Badly shaken, he telephoned Scotland Yard chiefs to say he was the officer involved, then collapsed at his home.

The PC was taken to hospital in Sussex, where he was kept in overnight with a suspected heart...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The officer that hit Ian Tomlinson from behind, first with a baton on the leg, and then shoved him to the ground. Ian Tomlinson was walking home from work with his hands in his pockets.

The officer claims he did not realize he was the one who had pushed Ian Tomlinson to the ground untill he saw video footage of the incident on T.V.

That is hardly a believable story. How could he not have realized what he was doing? Rage...brutality!

The officer has been suspended and faces a criminal investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

www.mirror.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I would say convinent timing for a heart attack.

Good thing it wasn't fatal for him.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I thought that the guy who did the attack looked young on the video. You cant see the face but everything else seems like a young guy. Maybe it was just me watching crappy internet quality videos?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The irony...all we need now is someone with a billy club to let him know what his victim went through.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
seems a little to convenient, and how would you not know you were the one to attack a person? especially the way he did..

*shakes head*

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Poetic Justice.

Ian Tomlinson apparently dies of a so-called "heart attack" and now the Officer responsible suffers one.

Don't get sweeter than that.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The Law Of Attraction

I'm really trying to withhold judgment until all the facts are in, but this has "karma" written all over it.

(Just my personal opinion, nothing more.)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

From your sig:

The only immutable law of the universe is the Law of Irony.

Guess this proves the theory correct!

S+F! I think this is utter rubbish, anyway. It would have been all over the news by now if he had. They wouldn't just start to write about it now.

EDIT: Are the Mirror the only people to be writing about this? BBC has nothing.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Well remember the first response from the police after the death of this man was to say the police had no contact with the man.
If the video footage hadnt came to light.
It was all over the news, every bulletin was showing the full attack, over and over.
I think it is the stress of being found out and the trouble the officer knows he and the police force in general will be in, that will be why he collapsed. I doubt very much that it was remorse for hitting a man who was walking away from him.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The officer, who has not been named, claims he did not realise he was the man who pushed Ian Tomlinson to the ground until he saw footage on Wednesday’s TV news.

What, did he suffer from a bout of amnesia? Or is knocking people to the ground just the day-to-day routine for a police officer, and he didn't realize that
one of the poor suckers he knocked out was the one that died?

How do you wear a badge, and not remember clearly violating your oat to "serve and protect"? What kind of people do we hire as our protectors?

And the heart attack: pure karma.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's not karma, just an ironic coincidence. The stress he would be under after seeing how clear his face is on the video that is going around world-wide would be enough to do that to a lot of people his age I bet.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
He has to be faking it... How can you not realise you done that to someone? He probably thought faking his own heart attack would let him off the hook by making him look weak and ill.

There should be no mercy for these nazi pigs.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I probably hit people every day in my line of duty, but I can never remember hitting anyone.

Loss of memory is clearly related to heart attacks.

Roll on altzheimers.

For anyone who is wondering, I am being sarcastic. Unless this person is hitting people all the time, there is no way that he would forget doing so.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
He probably just had some kind of panic attack, brought on by the realization that the intended cover up wasn't going to wash once he saw that new video on channel 4 come out showing the world his actions. Then he just flung himself to the floor in a bout of self pity and anxiety of his predicament to come and his distraught spouse phoned the hospital saying he was having a heart attack, and fed that story to the media. He was released the day after . Heart attack my arse.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falnath
He has to be faking it... How can you not realise you done that to someone? He probably thought faking his own heart attack would let him off the hook by making him look weak and ill.

It's interesting how many police and politicians often become too ill for trial.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by Falnath

It's interesting how many police and politicians often become too ill for trial.

Ill or not, if you commit a crime and are mentally competent, then you should stand trial, and go to jail if found guilty.

Don't want to go to jail when suffering an illness? DON'T COMMIT CRIME!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The fact that the man claims not to remember or did not realize he was the one, is great cause for concern, but not because he's lying. He probably is not.

This just shows that once an action gets started, like the police moving in on the protesters, they become like a mob themselves. Their actions become automatic - they push, shove and hit without really paying attention to who they are pushing or why.

At this stage, their brains are really not in gear - they become, as I said, a mob themselves.

Thats why this type of situation is so dangerous. The police bosses who orchestrated that strategy bear a great deal of responsibility for creating havoc that day, and for the death that resulted.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by wayno]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Instant Karma

Originally posted by Nventual
It's not karma, just an ironic coincidence.

Actually, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Although interpretations of what "karma" actually is can vary somewhat, it's essentially a Vedic term meaning "actions" or "deeds", and can be thought of as the Law of Cause and Effect. It needn't necessarily have a spiritual interpretation to apply to physical events.

If the stress of inducing a heart attack in another causes a heart attack in oneself, that could quite accurately be described as "karma", in that one led to another. Or, to put it another way, "what goes around comes around."

And indeed, I think it could well be asserted that the Law of Irony and karma are inseparable concepts.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We'll see how this plays out, my money at the moment is that this is being used to drum up "the summer of rage" the police quite clearly are trying to engineer...

It all seems to be convieniently playing to drum up more fear and anger towards the police which will be used to create more control through fear and repression.

Order from chaos anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join