It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of the french law banning religious symbols from school ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The French are going to be in trouble in a few short decades when Muslim Arabs are the majority.

I think they will not soon forget this...

DC

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Syria has a slightly different govenment, founded on slightly different ideas than the United States. So, comparing freedoms of both, may not seem viable. And why is the United States always held accountable to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, etc.? Why are they chastised when they don't follow the ideals they are sworn to protect and uphold?
Why can't you complain about Syria in Syria? Because the U.S. is a great freakin' country where you have freedom! Freedom! Regardless of your religion or the color of your skin or how uncomfortable someone's speech or religion makes you feel.

The French are going to be in trouble in a few short decades when Muslim Arabs are the majority.

Why? Would it stop being France if brown people were in charge? The Declaration of the Rights of Man, 1789 makes France what it is. If Muslim Arabs were in charge, instead of white christians, what does it matter? Maybe they will uphold France's constitution better than the current government.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by curme]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Why? Would it stop being France if brown people were in charge... ...If Muslim Arabs were in charge, instead of white christians, what does it matter? Maybe they will uphold France's constitution better than the current government...

Becuase, curme, those brown people would remember just how biggotted those white people were toward them in the early '00's. And the tables turn...

And I don't believe there are any Christians left in France, white or otherwise.

DC

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I can live in Syria and denounce the US

I can live in the US and denounce Syria

I can live in the US and denounce the US

I cannot live in Syria and denounce Syria

Which statement is incongruous?

Which country has the greatest need to change?

Yet the US is always blamed when it comes to a conflict about assimilating another's culture into our own.

I too am getting tired of the whining of apologists who conveniently ignore the facts as presented above.

__

Very true

I am just in support of my race which is the Caucasian race, and my European heritage. It is perfectly fine to support one's race and culture, the Arabs can do it.. so can caucasians.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
NANS,

Thats prescisely my point. Its up to the French. If the Arabs are not respecting your culture, then you need not tolerate thiers. Tolerance is a two way street. Its your country, if your people dont wanna put up with it, then thats thier descision.

America does NOT need to adapt to new cultures. Immigrants of yesteryear were forced to leave many such customs and cultures behind and assimilate and get with the program. Contrary to popular belief, America does have its own culture without Hollywood. Those immigrants who came before adapted.

If you dont want to adapt to the culture of the new country, fine. But dont cry when you get treated as an outsider or get pushed aside. if you wanna continue on in your own culture, thats fine, then stay in your own country. When you move elsewhere, you adapt to them, they dont adapt to you. Thats the equivilant of a guest coming in your home, re arranging YOUR furniture or throwing it out to replace it with thier own, and telling you what u will eat.

Sorry, Ill say it again: tolerance is a two way street. if you want to be treated with respect and tolerance, you better be prepared to give the same.

And from my own experiences in Europe, the Muslims, whether Turks or Arabs, do NOT hold up thier end of the bargain. I can understand, why the French would make such a move.

My arguements against it arent cultural ones, but religious ones, regarding freedom of religion. I fear such a law is too invasive into a persons individual right to adorn themselves as they see fit. Thats my problem with it.

But I really dont blame the French or any other European nation for thier irritation with foreigners stepping all over thier cultures and abusing thier hospitality. From bogus assylum seekers to race riots, i feel Europeans have had enough, and this is basically a step in that infuriation.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Syria has a slightly different govenment, founded on slightly different ideas than the United States. So, comparing freedoms of both, may not seem viable. And why is the United States always held accountable to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, etc.? Why are they chastised when they don't follow the ideals they are sworn to protect and uphold?
Why can't you complain about Syria in Syria? Because the U.S. is a great freakin' country where you have freedom! Freedom! Regardless of your religion or the color of your skin or how uncomfortable someone's speech or religion makes you feel.

Why? Would it stop being France if brown people were in charge? The Declaration of the Rights of Man, 1789 makes France what it is. If Muslim Arabs were in charge, instead of white christians, what does it matter? Maybe they will uphold France's constitution better than the current government.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by curme]

Thats a laugh. One needs to only look at the countries where the "brown people" came from to see that France woudl become like them. The "brown people" would turn France into a less than free society.

Its funny how people bitch about Europeans colonizing and ruining native cultures. But the have no problem with massive immigration comming to europe and destroying indigenous cultures there. Such hypocrisy.

We see what ahs happened to Europeans in coutnries when they become minorities. South Africa, Rhodesia, Zimbabwe...............hmmmmmmmmm

No wonder peoples fuses are getting short.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

I think they will not soon forget this...

DC

I dont think so :

1- I think a disaster caused by the planet warming will flood a major part of Europe : Holland, Belgium, a big half of France (including Paris), probably also a big part of england, A part of spain and Portugal.

2- I dont think it's the plans of GOD to make muslims like europeans. They have all to build in their countries. Bu why Algeria is a so poor country, for example ? Because instead of building their country, algerians are coming in France, to make money and have fun. And the only people who left in Algeria (for example) are kids, elders and women...

3- Dont call the second generation of arabs living in France, sons and grand-sons of immigrants, muslims. They dont know what is Islam, the Quran, Mohamad etc... They are more occidental than you and me. They want nike snickers and USA champion sportwears, while drinking a Coke in a Mc-Donald's, after having seen an Hollywood movie, and before going in a disco, to dance on Madonna and Micheal JACKSON's sons...
It have nothing to do with the Afghani's talibans... [EDIT] : ( And that's not so bad...)

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join