It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazis, Admiral Byrd and The Secret Land

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A very interesting thread, and a very interesting topic.
Thanks guys, this is why I recently joined ATS.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am very fascinated with Admiral Byrd. I was a freemason for a short period of time not too long ago (i adore the masons) and found out something very strange when researching Admiral Byrd.

I do not have time to find the source but i remember finding out that Admiral Byrd built the first Masonic Lodge in the Antartica. The strange thing about that? He named the lodge No. 777 .

This always struck me as strange. I would like to know more about the importance of 777 and why he chose to name the lodge 777.

I am not sure if freemasons, when creating lodges usually name them No. 1, No. 2 and so on or if the creator get's to pick his own number.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
I am very fascinated with Admiral Byrd. I was a freemason for a short period of time not too long ago (i adore the masons) and found out something very strange when researching Admiral Byrd.

Can you back your claims? Where did you hear all this?

I do not have time to find the source but i remember finding out that Admiral Byrd built the first Masonic Lodge in the Antartica. The strange thing about that? He named the lodge No. 777 .

"I do not have the to find the source?!" Sounds like your making s#!t up here....I have been researching this whole subject for years now, an I have never heard of any of this stuff. I don't have the time to believe crazy stories like this because History shows me the oppositeof what you're saying here.

This always struck me as strange. I would like to know more about the importance of 777 and why he chose to name the lodge 777.

IF there was a Lodge in Antartica, why build it there? It's difficult and expensive to get there. This just simply sounds like one of those whack claims to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I always thought this would make the coolest Indiana Jones movie sequel....imagine Jones(aka Harrison Ford) on a freighter to some expedition when the ship he is on is torpedoed...sinks..and the survivors are picked up by...NAZIS...on a U-BOAT....wow

Taken on board, they ascend and disembark into a secret ice cavern used as a U-Boat port... the obligatory flags and Nazi posters everywhere. German Alpine music playing. Then he confronts maybe one of his old and older nemesis. They all stop as a speech is given over a primitive TV set..der Fuhrer Hitler himself...old and senile...but there never the less.

It would have been better than that crap putout a couple of years ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I agree. That definately would have been cool, but atleast you know the difference between Fiction and nonfiction. I can't stand people making crazy theories without even wanting to prove their story

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery

Can you back your claims? Where did you hear all this?

"I do not have the to find the source?!" Sounds like your making s#!t up here....I have been researching this whole subject for years now, an I have never heard of any of this stuff. I don't have the time to believe crazy stories like this because History shows me the oppositeof what you're saying here.

IF there was a Lodge in Antartica, why build it there? It's difficult and expensive to get there. This just simply sounds like one of those whack claims to me.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Before I reply to this thread, I would simply like to say that I believe that it is important to "work together" on Above Top Secret. It is so easy -- too easy -- to simply dismiss someone's statements or someone's questions out of hand just because they sound, well, .... just because they might sound a bit crazy or a little wierd. I know that I, personally, come across numerous items which strike me as absolute rubbish because they go against common sense or what I "know to be true". I've been impulsive in the past and I've learned some lessons ... one of which is "the truth isn't always what I believe it to be or it isn't always the way I've been taught".

Now, when I come across something that challenges my credulity, before I "take a little time" (with Google, it's easy) and do a little research. Remember. ATS is a community. We aren't necessarily adversarial....we are -- or at least should be working together to discover the truth and to 'Deny Ignorance'.

That said.....

I'd like to point out that , much to my own surprise, Rear Admiral Richard Byrd, did, indeed, found a Masonic Lodge – No 777 – in Antarctica. As improbable as that sounds, a cursory bit of research did turn up a number of substantiating quotes such as this:

“He and his pilot, Bernt Balchen dropped Masonic flags on the two poles--Balchen also added his Shrine fez.  In the Antarctic expedition of 1933-35, 60 of the 82 members were Freemasons and on February 5, 1935 established First Antarctic Lodge No. 777 of New Zealand constitution.  “

SOURCE

I only performed the most general bit of research – a minute or two – and I will admit that actual detail seems a bit scarce but there is no doubt that there is a concensus of sources that this Lodge 777 was actually formed. extra DIV

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Great information... never knew that.

Going to have a look into this.... thanks.

And thanks Benevolent for your wise words.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah this is the best evidence I've seen thus far for a Nazi base on Antarctica.

So far the only real evidence it seems is the NY Times mentioning a Nazi "naval base."

So were their Nazi UFOs flying out of there? Did Hitler live there?

The fact that most of Byrd's crew were Freemasons makes the whole thing a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy I think -- I mean you got one secret society going after another secret society.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am not sure if freemasons, when creating lodges usually name them No. 1, No. 2 and so on or if the creator get's to pick his own number.

It appears that the number 777 is in fact a reference to a three legged swastika known as a Triskelion

Origin of the triskelion
According to the World Encyclopedia of Flags, by Znamierovski, 1999:

'The triskelion (from the Greek "three-legged") is one of the oldest symbols known to mankind. The earliest representations of it were found in prehistoric rock carvings in northern Italy. It also appears on Greek vases and coins from the 6th and 8th centuries BC., and was revered by Norse and Sicilian peoples. The Sicilian version has a representation of the head of Medusa in the center. The Manx people believe that the triskelion came from Scandinavia. According to Norse mythology, the triskelion was a symbol of the movement of the sun through the heavens.'

www.crwflags.com...
www.scoreboard-canada.com...

The biblical meaning of number 7.
Example from The Companion Bible:

SEVEN - Denotes spiritual perfection. It is the hall-mark of the Holy Spirit’s work. He is the Author of God’s Word, and seven is stamped on it as the water mark is seen in the manufacture of paper. He is the Author and Giver of life; and seven is the number which regulates every period of Incubation and Gestation, in insects, birds, animals, and man.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Even though the thread I followed here is not the one I have posted, I want to thank you for jumping across to check this out and providing your link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12091768#pid12091768

Am s & f 'ing this to come back to.
Cheers
A
Have been incredibly preoccupied lately but still very much interested in this subject myself. Still can't shake the, what if?
Reckon if we're all still here in a couple of years might like to go look for myself, there's more than one way in...

edit on 24-8-2011 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ace thread, and I'm bookmarking it for when I'm on the desktop. Thanks fellas.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
even if the nazis were there....they're not there anymore so it doesn't really make a difference. It is highly possible though. Just because there is no evidence doesnt mean it's not true. Have ou heard of Jonastal?
everyone says there was nothing going on there. I have reports of people who claimed to work there, who for some reason were able to tell me how i could enter the facillity, without even being spotted there. To cut down a long story->
I didn't believe it either, untill I went to where they told me to go......
You know what? They wern't lying. I found an entrance to SIII, I got in about 200 feet, but the entrance was sealed from the inside. If you want proof -> message me, because I am cant post this info publically, without getting in BIG trouble...

Sounds very interesting. Please explain why you can't divulge this information publically? and what do you mean by big trouble?

If I had the opportunity to discover or re-discover something like this I would have taken videos and pictures and then would have posted it up on a forum such as this. If this would get me into trouble with my current or past employers then I wouldnt even be contributing to the website in the first place.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

Commenting for my own records. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If someone built something in Antarctica. obviously the Nazi did go there? Because lots escaped to South America and they say from there they headed to Antarctica, so is this a clue that they did go as far as that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join