It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Nuclear Bombs Available On Black Market In Bulgaria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Guys it's non UFO topic but very serious and important for our national as well international security.

We pay a lot for "national defense."The four branches of the military, the CIA, the NSA, and god only knows what else.

Here's a guy dealing in black market nuclear weapons - and a bunch of rag tag low budget journalists can find him.

Why isn't this guy and all the others like him being shut down?

Pretty scary thinking about this one. If this is legit, and turns out to be the truth. Another reason why they will go to a cashless society shortly, to prevent things like this.

Link to original story

[edit on 11-4-2009 by TH3ON3]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That is one scary video...god knows whats in store for us in the future.

You just have to hope and pray that this is not real.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Why are you surprised? This has gone on for years, the Soviets even allowed it to happen when that Union split up; many military personnel weren't paid for something like three years and openly ransacked their own arsenals. At the low end you have poor people all over Eastern Europe and Eurasia who were paid to go out by hand and salvage parts of missiles, siloes and other objects, including radioactive core material, for sale on the black market which is much easier to get than a complete missile. There have been all kinds of reports and studies regarding the health and environmental problems in Eastern Europe from poor people stashing nuclear material in their homes, or using radioactive salvaged materials for water bins and housing parts. Kazahkstan in particular has abnormally high numbers of children being born blind or developing radiation-induced cancers from this. It's also pretty common for people to squat in the old complexes and siloes.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In that video, the "salesman" claims it's capitalism, but to me, it sounds more like uncounsciousness...
The fact that selling these "dirty bombs" may trigger something even worse, is indeed scary, but this is part of human nature.
And the fact that these reporters found the guy so easily is very unsettling.
That means, anyone in the world, with a bit of money, can buy those dirty bombs.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I'm not surprised, I'm just thinking this is one reason for the world to change over to the traceable credit unit. This would prevent things like large sums of money being paid for a nuclear weapon.

If one had to scan in their id number for every transaction, and also every item had to be assigned a number for tracking purposes this would never happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You know this stuff goes on, but to actually see how easy it is to get.

Terrifying

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

They've been prepping us for those terrorist nukes for like.. ever! I remember seeing a special on it way back in 2005 (I think it was CNN) about how terrorists may have smuggled a nuke into the United States either by boat or across the border.

It's like they know what is coming, but they want to play it out for maximum effect.

But, if this guy is the real deal, then I wonder how many nukes he may have sold this Bin Laden guy. Is it just one, or is it a bunch?

And I'm pretty surprised that this is all there is to the video. Is there another link to possibly the full length video?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Indeed this is very common, you can more less purchase anything and everything. So i wouldn't be worried about this at all. Keep in mind since Bulgaria decide to decommission the Kozlodouy and a strange twist of fate, the French pulled out of the new Reactor program, the people called for them to restart the reactor or a portion of the reactor for power needs of the country.
The problem begun that since they had already dismanteled portions of the reactor they some how have managed to be lost. So when the French pulled out of the deal, they were left with no reactor, thus forcing the Bulgarian government to purchase electricity from its neighbors. In short, they made a deal and they were dealt the weaker hand on the table. So you should not worry about how this happens, like the person mentioned its Capitalism at its core, this is what the real world is like.

edit: Just a quick heads up www.novinite.com...

And some thought that everything revolves around some NWO conspiracy.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by tristar]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wow, great video!!

This may also be part of the prepping

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I will have to call this story BS.

In Russia no one group controlled Russian nuclear weapons.

The military controlled the weapon body with the nuclear pit in it.
the KGB controlled the arming device/fuse.
and the communist party leadership controlled the arming codes.

No nuclear device was usable unless all three were agreeable to its use.

There is no way any terrorists group would be able to get all three parts.

Core material would not be good for a dirty bomb because it would be very hard to turn into fine powder and to spread it. its a lot easier to use nuclear waste.

As for this bunch of rag tag low budget journalists being able to buy a nuclear device its a crock.

If this same bunch went to Nigeria they would also find "salesman" willing to sell them a nuclear weapon.

Likely if these journalists had actualy showed up with the money to buy a nuclear weapon they would have later been found in a shallow grave and the money missing.

This is just a case of two parties playing out a scam on each other.
The journalists trying to scam there readers that they could buy a nuke and the "salesman" scamming the journalist that he had one for sale.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

You might want to check this thread out also started today before calling BS.

Radioactive rockets for sale to terrorists

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am not changing my statement as this post has a header claiming nuclear bombs. not dirty bombs.

I still call the story about them being able to buy a nuclear bomb BS.

A dirty bomb is not a nuclear bomb.

It may contain radioactive material but you will get no nuclear yield/blast.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I am not changing my statement as this post has a header claiming nuclear bombs. not dirty bombs.

I still call the story about them being able to buy a nuclear bomb BS.

A dirty bomb is not a nuclear bomb.

It may contain radioactive material but you will get no nuclear yield/blast.

Well, keep on living your life, no need to worry about anything, its obvious that you have some experience in arm's dealing or dealing with these type of people. Its also obvious to you given your prior knowledge that the mere thought of buying weapons is a fantasy. Right ?
As you have said, none of this is real, its just BS.

Well sir / madam, you have about as much contact with reality as what an ant and fluid mechanics.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but USSR special forces and KGB smuggled dozens, if not hundreds, of backpack and suitcase nukes into the US during the cold war. No one knows what happened to those.

Also, Scientific American reported 80+ missing backpack nukes all the way back in 1996! These have a 3-5KT yield. To put that in perspective, say a terrorist puts one in the center of Wall Street, lets just say for hypotheticals.

It detonates at ground level, of course, in some ways the large buildings act as a shield. Ok, everyone following, 10-15 blocks GONE in a blink of the eye!!! Now, some @****** takes it up in the top of a skyscraper and detonates it! We now have an air burst! 20-25 blocks gone!

The number of dead, well, it makes me sick at my stomach! You'd better thank God, or whatever you believe, that CIA, FBI, and NSA are keeping this stuff out of our country, at least trying to.

See, this is the problem with the 9/11 Truthers, no offense they make valid points, but Bin Laden went low tech because he couldn't find the nukes he need to make a great big mess. Maybe there is some truth to the 9/11 truth movement, maybe, they are dead wrong. Either way, I shudder at the thought of a nuclear terrorist act regardless of who flips the switch.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just a small observation regarding the editor / producer for that piece.

So the whole piece is basically done in the form of a conversation between that journalist and his producer... So why would the journalist actually have to explain the whole concept of a dirty bomb, any half intelligent person who has watched any news in the last couple of years should already be familiar with the idea.... So really is that not just some dumb hamming it up for the camera?? Or the worst choice of a producer going.

The idea of black market nukes does scare me and I do think it is a very real threat - this although I suspect is a work of fiction with a very nicely lathed chunk of billet for a prop.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Meh I could care less personaly I'd like to see a large city get nuked preferably Washington. I want to see politicians on fire running and screaming. Call me sadistic or what you want I don't like my government.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It is scary.

The weird part is, if it is really that easy then why haven't these "terrorists" gotten their hands on one.

Or maybe they have...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldbugg8

I have the same question. If its so easy to get, why hasn't it happened yet?

There is no way to secure our border. If a terrorist wanted to smuggle it in, they certainly could. So what's stopping them?

Maybe its really not so easy.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'm from Bulgaria. There is nothing like that. This is staging and fabrications. Do you think a person who sells such bombs will go to any journalists and will tell them everything. Even will show a model of his new hotel?
Don't believe on that! I personally laughed a lot when I saw it.

new topics

top topics

join