It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have thought for a while that Colin Powell was set up by the corporate media for us to feel sorry for him – and is just as culpable as any other in the fiasco of the nonexistent WMD’s in Iraq. I thought it was great to hear Peter B. Collins mention the same, and in a much more coherent and informed way than I did – on The Joan Kenley Show. Great episode about truth (or lack thereof) in the media: www.joankenley.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitPeaSoup

I will start off by saying I love Colin Powell. I wish he was the President. I dont know that he ever said he was misled about the Iraq war. Its been more of a case of other people saying he said that. I hope that is the case.

If he did say it, he is full of ..... He has to be one of the more knowledgable people about that part of the world. He did after all lead the first Iraq war. So if he said he was misled, then he is either stupid or lying. Even I knew Bush was full of crap when he said the war was about WMD's, and I am no expert.

That is what frustrates me about Bush and the Iraq war. He had every legitimate reason to invade without making up anything. Iraq violated the Peace Agreement and several UN Security Council rulings about every other week after the war ended. That is enough justification to invade right there.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I listened to the show the OP recommended, it does bring up a few different points about Colin Powell that changed my opinion of him. It made me realize that he HAS been framed as an innocent by the media. SPS, have you read the article that Collins refers to in the episode about Colin Powell?

new topics

join