It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Anthem in Cinema Theatre Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think in the Philippines where I am right now its the law to play the National Anthem before every film, I used to stand but today i decided I got sick of it, not because I dont respect their Anthem but because of relevance and I sat down in a small protest, only to get into a fight with an older generation pinoy who claimed i could be charged and brought to jail, I laughed him off - but decided to do a little digging all the same by doing the yahoo thing
and it turns out he may be correct. Isnt that a little scary? I thought they wernt under martial law here anymore, would anyone else put up with that in their own country?

Theres also a hell of a lot of freemasonry going on here, the stickers and rings and t shirts are everywhere, especially on cars and stone work on buildings.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I go to the movies all the time and I've only seen them do it once, and that was right at the very end of a movie after the credits ended.

If they do it before the movies start, well I guess I've just never gone into the cinema that early before. It must be before the trailers? Every time I get in there its just as the trailers are starting, so I guess you must go in there pretty early?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You are lucky.In certain parts of the nation,you would have gotten a whooping.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yep its early the gf wanted to get in for the free seating.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

That not really a good thing though is it?

Come to think of it, I wasnt the only one doing it. Actually I get how it may semm disrespectful but common they got to sort out the relevance, Its ridiculous to have to play it before a Every film in Cinemas nationwide.

I'm still trying to find the exact law that states it, the on the guy posted in yahoo answers is not very clear about it.

Being charged for not acting accordingly during the anthem, yes that is evident and even understandable to a point! BUT it dosnt stipulate anywhere its obligatory to play it on those occasions.

In any other country the public will have enough complaint to over throw an act that is so irrelevant like that. I'd walk out if my own national anthem came on in the cinema and id complain and find out about it. People are so stoic here, it frustrates me.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Boostah]

new topics

top topics

join