It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid on Sunday Times slammed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Police raid on Sunday Times slammed

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

Major fraud squad and computer crime officers spent four hours searching The Sunday Times and also blocked the reception area, searching the bags of anyone leaving. Documents and cassettes were seized, although the source of the leak was not discovered.

Lampathakis said he was appalled that his phone records were also monitored. "You naively expect that in a democracy it will not happen, but it does," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good for the spy agencies that leaked this document to the press bad for the cops that didnt catch the people that leaked and good for the reporter for telling the police drop dead.

At least this reporter didnt end up dead hes not in jail yet that could change if this kind of thing keeps up. Oh well I hate to say this but maybe we at ats here should make a special section on ats for dead, jailed or arrested reporters just so someone starts keeping track.

My 2 cents for now

Falcon

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This happened last year though, this article is simply referring to the Court Case against a journalist who was being demanded to reveal the source of the leak, but now instead it seems the Courts had an "attack of conscience" and realised raiding a newspaper was wrong in the first place.

It only took them 8 months to come to that conclusion too! Those lovely lawyers...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Police have alot more power than putting you in jail in uk.

They can aabsolutely destoy lifes and you would not know it was being destroyed by someone. pure scum.

More wasted money by the police.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

This happened in Australia mate, to the Aussie Sunday Times, not the British one.

It's quite a rare occurrence in our history, we're nowhere the level of the Orwellian state Britain is turning into. Although we are getting there like everyone else.

[edit on 11/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorry i just assumed they where the same paper. I assume austrailia is turning into uk anyway.

All countries seem to have there own versions of what nwo is going to be like, i.e the nwo is trying different things in different countries,a nd one day we will have it all everywhere.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon

Oh well I hate to say this but maybe we at ats here should make a special section on ats for dead, jailed or arrested reporters just so someone starts keeping track.

Good idea. They already have one over at prison planet but this site gets more traffic...All you uneed to do is start one thread, maybe request moderator help to keep it announcements only

top topics

join