It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Capability Unlikely Before 2015, Says US Report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
reply to post by rogue1

Yeah, I knew it would not be long before the excuses started to roll out. I find it ironic that China is trying so hard to mimic those it allegedly abhors.

What excuses. So only America can do whatever they want and the rest of the world be damned ? The stench of hypocracy is almost too much to bare. You seem to be a person who has obviously not ever been to China. If you had, you would see what a great and accepting people they are. The people like Americans and are facinated by them - they just get annoyed when America tries to tell them what to do.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone......"

America has many mnay sins to apologize for, therefore you can't take the high ground.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by rogue1]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Again, you deflected from that which I asked: IS IT OK because everyone else DOES IT?

What is this the Inquisition? Try the decaf.

In any other circumstance that principle would be moot, but in warfare and political espionage that is a perfectly valid rule to go by.

As Sun Tzu said: "Advantages multiply when they are seized".

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I find it ironic that China is trying so hard to mimic those it allegedly abhors.

So now you're concerned with the Chinese betraying their own philosophy are you?

Tough titties mate, they're doing it anyway. The same way your government takes a dump on it's constitution every time it sends a captured detainee to a Black site in god's know where to be tortured and held without the right to trial or habeas corpus or due process.

Get over this nonsense. America cannot dictate to the world what it can and can't do. Period.

They don't have the higher moral ground in any matter revolving around warfare anymore.
You forfeited all of that good standing and reputation after Iraq, Afghanistan, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, and a long list of misdeeds and hypocritical crimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
They don't have the higher moral ground in any matter revolving around warfare anymore.
You forfeited all of that good standing and reputation after Iraq, Afghanistan, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, and a long list of misdeeds and hypocritical crimes.

This same stuff has happened before - Vietnam, Mai Lai massacre and countless others during that period, summary execution and torture of German and Japanese prisoners. The only difference now is that there are many more camera and less sensorship, therefore these acts are being broadcast to the world at large.

Of course "C'est la guerre !"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join