It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert being sarcastic by "freeing his Jews" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is clearly a tongue-in-cheek reprisal of the old Charlton Heston movies from the 50's

One the Jews says that he didn't finish Stephen's taxes. Stephen responds by saying, "I have my Asians." If Israelis (Hebrews?) aren't Asian, then what the heck are they? European???

What really makes me suspect that this is mere sarcasm is when Stephen says, "Hey you didn't finish my pyramid." It's well-known that neither Jews nor slaves built the pyramids.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is clearly a tongue-in-cheek reprisal of the old Charlton Heston movies from the 50's

One the Jews says that he didn't finish Stephen's taxes. Stephen responds by saying, "I have my Asians." If Israelis (Hebrews?) aren't Asian, then what the heck are they? European???

What really makes me suspect that this is mere sarcasm is when Stephen says, "Hey you didn't finish my pyramid." It's well-known that neither Jews nor slaves built the pyramids.

No Israelis are not Asian, have you viewed a map recently?

Its also not mere sarcasm he really does have Asians and a Starbucks under his desk (Its magic).

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is well known. But the bible says the jews built the pyramids as slaves, but people believe it because it's a book..nothing more or less. However they don't understand that you don't get such precision and a architectural master piece by whipping and beating your slaves..artisans crafted the pyramids in a labor of love, just like those artisans created those massive stone forts to protect Egypt from the Nubian.

But no one wants to focus on the fact of how they managed to pull of THOSE engineering feats...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anubis_4400

What? My map is WRONG!! Israel is in Europe!

How could I be such a dumbass!!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Anubis_4400

What? My map is WRONG!! Israel is in Europe!

How could I be such a dumbass!!

You are a dumbass. Israel is not in Europe, its in the Middle-East. This is the northernmost part of Africa. There are many European Jews however, since in the 2000 years of Diaspora, Jews migrated to Germany and through out Europe.

As far as the pyramids, I do not believe that there is any archeological evidence for the proposition that the Jews built those structures. However, in exodus, the Bible states that Moses led the Jews out of Egypt where they were slaves.

I, personally, do not believe that the Bible is an accurate historical text. I think it is more of a collection of fables.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

The Middle East is part of Africa? Since when? So Egypt is part of the Middle East, then?

It's actually symbolic, but I will leave it there.

As for slaves, Ishmael's mother was an Egyptian slave.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How come israel plays in the european champions soccer stuff, if they are not in europe. We know they are not, but they still play in our football competitions.

Colbert is certainly alot better than stewert, and i loved the way he rubbished bush at that dinner a few years back.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
... Who questioned that it was sarcastic? Is this the first episode of the Colbert Report you've seen or something? He does something called satire.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Is it pure irony, or appeasment?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The Middle East is part of Africa? Since when? So Egypt is part of the Middle East, then?

It's actually symbolic, but I will leave it there.

As for slaves, Ishmael's mother was an Egyptian slave.

Yes, Egypt is part of Africa: Map of Africa

Israel is apparently on the Asian Continent. I just figured that out for the first time doing a quick Google search. I was wrong to make fun when someone mentioned that Israel is in Asia.

www.worldatlas.com...

Edit to add:

The Middle East (or, formerly more common, the Near East[1]) is a region that spans southwestern Asia, western Asia, and northeastern Africa. It has no clear boundaries, often used as a synonym to Near East, in opposition to Far East. The term "Middle East" was popularized around 1900 in the United Kingdom

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, did any of you actually take geography in grade school?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just read this whole thread with my jaw touching the floor...

Sometimes I wonder about people.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

The Middle East (or, formerly more common, the Near East[1]) is a region that spans southwestern Asia, western Asia, and northeastern Africa. It has no clear boundaries, often used as a synonym to Near East, in opposition to Far East. The term "Middle East" was popularized around 1900 in the United Kingdom

en.wikipedia.org...

So the phrase "Middle East" was a way to take Egypt out of Africa.

Apparently, oil-producing African countries are part of the "Greater Middle East." Somalia and Sudan are listed, but Ethopia is not. Afghanistan is only part of the Greater Middle East.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am slamming my head against the wall now. No one took Egypt out of Africa. Africa is a continent. Egypt is located on that continent. The Middle East is a region, not a continent. For example, Eastern Europe includes a number of countries like Poland, Russia, Ukraine, etc... but it is not a continent. Europe is the continent.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
all hope for this thread has been lost. where do you live? if you think colbert was serious, you have never watched one of his shows.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The British have been trying to take Egypt out of Africa since they conquered it in the 19th century. The British were also the ones who created the words "Judaism," "Palestine" and "Levant." Notice, from my previous example, that the phrase "Greater Middle East" encompasses only oil-producing countries. What is the motive for grouping certain countries together and calling them the "Middle East?"

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

My point is that it goes beyond just simple satire; he is retelling the fairy tale. It would be different if his "satire" was actually historically accurate.

new topics

top topics

join