It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampire fact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hmm, this board is.. amusing in ways. People who think they are vampires or creatures of the night and so on. You humans have no idea of this immortal life. If you claim to have pale skin, that does not mean you are a vampire. Blood lust, nope, that could just be because your brain is accostomed to blood intake it is addicted to it. What i'm saying is, just because you have deluded yourself into believing that you are a vampire only because yo have the symptom that you find on the internet.

and as for these vampire sightings, i'm not calling you liars, just that usually... well the vampires that I know, if the prey that they are seeking confronts us then that prey does not live to see tomorrow.

and, btw for those of you who want to be a vampire, it is a very strength draining process for the immortal that is turning the person. It can weaken them permanatley or even kill them. immortals can do it but only the weak ones try. the stronger ones are not idiotic enough to try.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I believe everything you say and I think you're dead right about everything.

I'm completely sick and tired of these vampire wannabes posting on ATS with their claims about being immortal, having vampire friends and knowing the 'truth' about vampires.

Thank god someone has finally come onto ATS who is the real deal instead of these schmucks with their Lugosi/Role Playing/Anne Rice/Buffy/Underworld/Twilight fantasies!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

lol..you crack me up merriman,as for the poster,well done your are absolutely spot on!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I believe everything you say and I think you're dead right about everything.

I'm completely sick and tired of these vampire wannabes posting on ATS with their claims about being immortal, having vampire friends and knowing the 'truth' about vampires.

Thank god someone has finally come onto ATS who is the real deal instead of these schmucks with their Lugosi/Role Playing/Anne Rice/Buffy/Underworld/Twilight fantasies!

lolol

Great response.

But to be fair to OP I have always been intrigued by vampires. I've never wanted to or thought I was one though.

To me though they still could exist. Just not the way we think they do.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There is only 1 vampire fact.

There are not, and have never been any real vampires amongst the human race . Only sick and misguided individuals in need of immediate professional help.

IRM

[edit on 11/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
lolol

Great response.

But to be fair to OP I have always been intrigued by vampires. I've never wanted to or thought I was one though.

From a folkloric perspective, I also find vampires intriguing too.

To me though they still could exist.

Like a lot of folklore, mythology, cryptids and so on, perhaps the belief that they exist, whether or not they actually do is enough for them to serve some kind of purpose and subsequently have some kind of reality.

Just not the way we think they do.

Now there lies the rub and one of the most fascinating thing about the vampire mythos. It's relationship to popular culture means that the 'how and why' of vampires redefines itself every so often. The most recent phase of evolution is the scientific angle, which memetically suits a very technological aware modern-day audience who are, generally, disconnected with older paradigms such as religion &c. A lot of self-proclaimed vampires, wannabes and their 'friends' are now touting a scientific explanation - sometimes with a conspiracy 'virus' angle.

Although, interesting the relationship that vampire mythology has with popular culture is fairly telling. It would take a blind man to not be aware of the influence that popular culture has on the supposed 'vampire reality'. Following every milestone in vampire fiction, inevitably you get a wave of supposed vampire, vampire hunters and the like whose claims have similarities to the new additions to the canon.

Yet, it's very rare - if ever - that this is the other way around, where you get people claiming to be vampires &c with particular traits, histories, ideologies before they appear in fiction &c.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
There is only 1 vampire fact.

There are not, and have never been any real vampires amongst the human race . Only sick and misguided individuals in need of immediate professional help.

IRM

[edit on 11/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

yes ... close topic

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bellewest

Hm, and here I would have thought that an immortal being with centuries of experience would know how to utilize proper spelling and grammar.

But hey, I guess you live and learn, eh?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just as tiresome are the threads basuning about what is allowed to be a real Vampire and what is not.
ONLY the walking corpse and murderous type of Vampire is "Allowed" as the true definition, right?.

If not the many different Vampire-legends of the World holds those "traits" as World-wide criterias, then why propagate that those criterias are the only "true definition" when it in actuality is not?

For instance, both the Philippine Vampire of legend aswell as the Portugese one, both describes Vampires as fully "ordinary" people that walk around in the daytime among Humans as one of them.

In addition, several Vampires of the legends don't even drink blood.

What I am saying is, that there are absolutely no reason to get freaked out just because someone in some thread have claimed to supposedly be one of those beings him/herself.
I indeed and fully agree that there are much too many "hobby-Vamps" these days that claims to be Vampires only because they consider it to be something "cool", but there ARE other people aswell, and the whole area around this is much too complex to weed out and define anything without further research in each case.

The only thing that can be clearly stated is, that it is a mistake to judge what a "real" Vampire is, based solely on criterias in a novel from 1897.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU i guess if you're born immortal it probably takes centries to become an adult but then that would mean that you're growing older. hmm..kinda like which came first the chicken or the egg. i'm not a vamp. but if someones comes at me for prey? they won't see tomorrow either

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Please Post your Vampire facts to one of many threads that discuss Vampires thank you.

This thread is now closed.

All new vampire Q&A threads will be deleted. Vampire sightings or personal experiences are naturally still welcome.

Examples of existing threads:
Vampire Encounters
Is it possible to be... born a vampire?
Who would like to be a vampire?
vampire sightings
Vampires! Do they exist?
Vampires, the real deal
What’s your opinion on vampires?

Alternatively you can use the search function to find a thread that may answer your questions/fit the topic you would like to discuss.
SEARCH

Sauron,
Forum Moderator.

top topics

join