It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
reply to post by Gawdzilla

If the woman in the flood recited poetry or sang she would have drowned too.

Very true, because reciting poetry or singing would be every bit as effective as praying.

However, you don't know the story I'm talking about, so your comments on it are a bit silly.

Here's the story I refer to:

A woman is sitting on the roof of her house during a major flood. A boat comes along and the crew urges her to get in. "No thank you, Jesus will provide!" They leave. Two more boats try to rescue the woman. Same response. Eventually the flood waters cover the house and the woman drowns. When she arrives in heaven she immediately goes up to Jesus and says, "Why didn't you provide!" He looks at her and says, "What do you mean? I sent three boats!"

The point? Praying for "God" to provide while ignoring the obvious "mundane" solutions just might get you killed. Or worse.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Not when you live in the End Times. Things won't happen unless you TRULY believe it will. Like Jesus says if you think you can move a mountain by prayer you won't be able to, but if you KNOW you could do that then you could do it. That and that people don't pray right most of the time. There really is no right way, but most people don't do it to suite their best interest. That doesn't mean praying about money unless your bills are behind and the like. We always get that extra push at just the right time...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Sigh, oh sigh. We've been living in the "end times" for a few thousand years now. I suppose you've never looked into the nonsense that went on in 999 AD, have you? People moving to mountain tops, giving up their worldly possessions, etc., ready for the Millennium. Came and went, and we're still here. Same thing in 1999, people don't learn. They don't learn when the only book they read is the BuyBull.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

On the contrary not since back then but since 1948. That was the biggest sign of all of them. Jesus said "no one knows the DAY or HOUR" so that 2000 years of Christians would still continue to go to Church(not corrupt I'm sure he hates all of the corrupt churches which is like 98%) for the time-span. That's really a reference or hint hint that it is the Feast of Trumpets. Now its the 21st century, and there are four blood moons that all fall on Jewish Holidays coming up in 2014/2015 time frame at the same time three other Biblical cycles complete. That is very rare and only happens when there is shift in Israel. (Six day war in 1967 was the last Tetrad on Jewish Holidays.) Since the moon will be turned into blood before the great and terrible Day of the Lord, and all four of those blood moons will be on Jewish Holidays I'm sure we're that last generation.

EDIT: That would put the end of End of Days period at the middle of this year for the start date, which is perfect with all the peace treaty hype surrounding the Middle East.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Hi , I appreciate this, but how many times do we have to here that the "end is nigh". There have been many faiths of different distinctions, that have previously announced that their particular ideology is coming to cleanse the Earth; from wretched Human scum!!!I.E: cleanse the world of us all (no-one is divine perfection!).
Jehovahs' Witnesses' have announced this quite a few times- yet the date keeps getting revised!!
All I'm asking is : Do individuals mistake the feeling of "Quickening" (in regards to the ever-progressive pace of living), to a point "on the horizon" of explosion/implosion of the species and or society?
Its not a crime to make religious rationalizations in this context; but a realistic alternative must be sought, rather than expecting your idea of God to save you or cleanse the world; giving the righteous (you) safety.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

When this guy (Anti-Christ) says there will be a miracle albeit a false one and there really is a star up there that's not anything rationally explainable that pulsates and changes it is indeed wise to think it's the end times. Especially when that man's name adds up to 666 in more than one language and when he claims to be Christ.

www.share-international.org...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

All kinds of "end of days" predictions have come and gone. None worked so far. Yours isn't based on any better information than theirs, so I will continue to live my life, if you don't mind.

Here's some conspiracy for you: The reason we get so many alarms and scares about "the End of Days" is because the loafers in the vestments want to keep us churned up so they can justify their jobs. They convince a few confused individuals that "it's almost TIME" and they do the rest. Then the loafers can pontificate about how, "Well, they were just reading the scripture wrong." Plausible deniability.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

No it is indeed the End of Days. This prediction is not wrong, especially when unrelated cultures predict December 21 2012 as an important date. I don't think it's an end date, but a deadline. The Anti-Christ will only reveal himself when Digital Transition happens so he can speak to all through TV. Now why would the real Jesus need a TV? So it starts June 21 2009 or 12-21-2012. I think that's just the date that he turns around on everything though. He will perform signs and wonders to deceive even the elect, and THESE DAYS seeing is believing so I'm sure he'll have quite a following. Especially teaching that you are a part of God, not under Him. I didn't think the info was credible until I saw the star for myself. If you can't see it thats because it moves around and about.

EDIT:
Here is a thread on it. It's not Venus at all especially since Venus is out of sight now, and doesn't pulsate and change colors or move about. I saw this star before I even believed in the testimony of Christ and I knew it wasn't Venus being very much into astronomy myself and having two telescopes and star charts and the like to cross reference.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Really? Digital Transition? You know that won't change the content, don't you? It's just a way to annoy the hicks in the sticks. Dish Network probably came up with that one.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I know it won't change the content at all. It's not about that at all. Ask yourself why the government is installing digital gas and electrical meters lately. So they can shut it off by digital signal if you used too much when they pass those new energy regulation bills. Digital transition puts everything on ONE DIGITAL SIGNAL so "all eyes will see the wrong him." If the UN takes Maitreya seriously I'm going to. Especially when there is a star up there. Its not a star if its changing but all the same it is there seen from BOTH hemispheres in one night sometime?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Seems you have one grand scenario built up here. I'll leave you to enjoy it. My life won't change.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

End of days???
In what respects. End of the world? End of Humanity?
Methinks most probably, the end of this worthless, failing paradigm; that we exist in at the moment.
I think for some off us it ill be a welcomed change and not one of fear or regret.
Its probably only bad, if your putting all your "existence" apples in one rotten basket!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The end of this age, so that Yeshua the real Christ can bring in the thousand years of peace on Earth that humans can't seem to get. That means destruction to bring renewal. I know this isn't about atheism but the topic is. I think once more people see the star, then more people will get something is going on. Whether it is a UFO, a new star, an anomaly, or the sign of the Anti-Christ is up to you.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by Welfhard

I guess that means NO, you want take my challenge?????

Not particularly, I'd sooner you'd argue the points athand.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Dear god, for the life of me, I cannot understand the point you are making

You write about "Yesuah"? Are you talking about Yehosuah Ben Joseph- the MAN known as Jesus Christ?
Please be more definitive, so that others may understand your point.
And also, others do accept that there is a God/ or ideals of Gods.
Understand : NOT EVERYONE ACCEPTS A ESSENE PROPHET AS THEIR GOD!!
Did you hear that

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

That's why the UN is going to FORCE people to take Maitreya's religion as a fact of life. When aliens are coming down from the sky claiming they are the God of the Bible and the like, isn't that also a perfect chance to "unite the globe under one government?" Atheism and Christianity are both out of luck, besides divine protection. Too many things make sense. The UNITED NATIONS which is an official governmental body of the world we takes this New Age "Christ" seriously. I take it seriously too.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

If thats what you are suggesting, let the govts. stage what they like- on that scale (world wide ), I am not sure how they'd get away with it- if that was their plan. do you have any proof that this type of thing is surely going to be upon us by Dec 2012? the Aztec calender has said something of a change (new age); Maybe , at the eleventh hour the REAL alien ancestors will come down and save-us (like the Book of Ezekiel)? No I dont place faith in the bible either-I just find it very interesting- not, "throw-rationality-to- the- wind, and fall -down -cringing -like-a-dog", intersting!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

No at the eleventh hour Jesus Christ himself will come down from the clouds and do the job right. Not aliens. If it was aliens that wrote the Bible they must know everything that could be known then because the book is written in such a way that it is understanable while being encoded at the same time. Only a divine being could do such a thing, not aliens. Aliens are not omniscient.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

That's why the UN is going to FORCE people to take Maitreya's religion as a fact of life.

I find it funny that Christians worry about this kind of thing given that their religion was made that way.

Christianity is nothing but Judaism and the mithraic cults combined by the Romans and then brutally imposed on the rest of Europe.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cathedral

Not once in my entire posting on ATS have I said: "Science isn't credible because it does not match with what I believe."

Rather I have said you're just proving my point with your "science." Science is what it is, but who is to say the "officials" who provide it are really telling the WHOLE truth? Mathematical precision existed before we put math together, remember.

I am not forcing my religion on anyone, just putting in my two cents.

EDIT: Oh and when i say force I mean you either follow or you die.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join