It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I'm very aware of coincidences and I can tell when one thing is a coincidence and one thing is not. Or is coincidence a matter of opinion? Either way we're all going to see the most amazing time in human history happen in our life times so there we go. Not talking about the end times or anything here, but afterward. Everyone will be re-united with dead loved ones in Paradise. That's what I was trying to say to Gawdzilla. I know us Christians sound like a joke to you guys but you guys don't sound like a joke to us.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
I'm very aware of coincidences and I can tell when one thing is a coincidence and one thing is not.

How ???

Can you explain your thought process on this, please ?

How exactly event you described in your previous post is more different then other coincidences happen to people of this planet millions of times per day ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Seeing someone you knew when you were young is a far from blood moons on specific dates.

Tell me, on the odd occasion that you ring someone up and you just 'know' a specific person is gonna pick up and they do, do you immediately concluded you are psychic or have precognition?

We encounter 100's if not thousands of people each day, and you EVENTUALLY come across someone you knew when you were young and you think it's more than coincidence?

These things happen, it's a matter of certainty, matter of statistics.

[edit on 30/4/2009 by Good Wolf]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Atheists suffer from a rare, more aggressive form of unwarranted self-importance. Atheists typically think they are smarter then you no matter what. Just try to correct them on something and prepare to be blasted away with some SERIOUS FREAKIN LOGIC! Like furries, many exhibit very serious cases of a persecution complex, believing that Secret Christian Anonymous Terrorists (SCAT) are trying to eradicate them by putting the word "God" in things. A high priest of Atheism discovered yesterday that should a fellow Atheist hear the "Under God" portion of the Pledge of Allegiance three times within an hour, they will instantly convert to Christianity and then die. Ultimately, they will all just end up burning in Hell. Atheists are consumed by the delusion that religion somehow is the cause of all conflict and that it is directly responsible for every war and murder that has ever occurred in history, when in reality it is just a source of major commedy for their more temperate kin. Of course, most atheists fail to realize that, with or without religion, there will always be stupid people in the world who will fervently believe anything they read.
All atheists are liberals or libertarians with serious superiority complexes who are always willing to argue with anyone anywhere, especially Xtians. Of course, potential adversaries usually only return fire once irritated by the atheist's shotgun blast of USI. The ones who do get into such arguments usually do so either with as little interest as possible to still maintain a conversation, or with the intent of self-defense against the never-ending waterfall of crazy that the Atheist is zealously spewing.

Recent studies reveal that atheists tend to be privileged enough to seriously suck at life yet still not get banned from life. Thus, in an effort to prove to themselves and to the world that they aren't wasting everyone else's oxygen, they have the compulsion to argue with everyone around them that has any sort of belief set that doesn't directly involve polishing their Darwin statue.
Many of them believe that some philosopher (e.g., Fridrich Nietzsche or Karl Popper) has proved that atheism is correct. However, they will of course dismiss any philosopher that believes in God through the infallible argument that anyone that believes in a God is stupid, which means anything they say is stupid, which means that it would just be wasting the intellectually superior atheist's time. This is however irrelevant as all philosophers are batcrap insane and emo anyway. Atheists, who thinks that Christians is stoopid, have a tendency to use the words "irrational", "delusion", and anything that makes them look smart that revolves around these two words. Some even call themselves the "rational ones" who have plenty of rants against Christianity, but in the end no one gives a crap.
1.They have the ability to grow neckbeards at an accelerated rate.
2.They talk to each other using sarcasm so unclear, that only other atheists can translate it.
3.They are smarter than you since they've browsed various skeptic's publications.
4.Atheists only get their knowledge of the Bible only by searching "Bible contradictions" on Google.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dcotor R

Got all that off your chest? Good. You could have worked a few more sweeping generalizations in there, and you forgot that atheists are notorious for being baby-eaters. Never forget that.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Baby eaters? I had no idea, why do athiests eat children?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dcotor R

Beats me. Christopher Hitchens said to do it, and we always follow orders blindly, so we do it. They're actually very tender. And, of course, they taste like chicken.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by Dcotor R

Beats me. Christopher Hitchens said to do it, and we always follow orders blindly, so we do it. They're actually very tender. And, of course, they taste like chicken.

what like extra crispy or original recipe?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

You'll see it for yourself in due time. I'm simply trying to help you see that all of these conspiracies on here tie in to the fact that our government worship Satan and that his messiah will come in UFOs and that the NWO was in the Bible in 70 AD. Also that Christ will forgive with undeserved kindness to those who seek his salvation. If you really accept Christ into your heart you will see just how very real it all gets. I know what a coincidence is by definition much like yourself, but there's more to life than those.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dcotor Rwhat like extra crispy or original recipe?

It's tricky. You have build a furnace in the belly of the idol to Baal, and get that going good and hot. Best way to tell is when the idol's eyes glow red. Then you pick a girl child for slaughter. You don't want one that blemish, it ruins the taste. (This is an easy out for some gal who wants to on to be a famous biblical figure, btw.) Then, after due ceremony, including salacious dancing by scantily clad vestals, you chuck the little brat in. 350 for 45 minutes. Side dishes to taste. (Red wine, of course.)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I like mine spit roasted with a honey and barbecue glaze, preferably between 6-12 months in age, that way you get most of the baby fat really crispy. Can't eat a whole one though!

G

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
I like mine spit roasted with a honey and barbecue glaze, preferably between 6-12 months in age, that way you get most of the baby fat really crispy. Can't eat a whole one though!

G

Good milk-fed baby is very tasty. And as atheists are totally amoral, there's no "baggage" associated with cannibalism. We can party hardy and sleep well afterwards.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
BBQ AT MY PLACE!!

BYOB (babies!
)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Also that Christ will forgive with undeserved kindness to those who seek his salvation.

Yes well make sure he sends me a message! I've been here 2 decades now, and haven't gotten a peep. Also I think everyone else also deserve one too, because if we all end up in hell because we didn't get the message he never sent then it's hardly shame on us.

O and btw, you already missed Revelations. Yep, 666/616 turned out to be Nero. Go figure.

O and tell you Zombie-Jew Saviour to come back as something a little more original. Being a clone of Dyonises and Mythras and Horus and all the other solar messiahs, it's rather confusing to my tiny skeptical brain.

[Gestures at signature] Take heed dear overzealous messenger, take heed.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Hey Welhard,

How goes the studies?

Still beatin up the believers?
I see you've got some company...some ole OT adversaries...

I'm watching the Bulls try and beat the Celtics...what ya doing?

OT

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Also that Christ will forgive with undeserved kindness to those who seek his salvation. If you really accept Christ into your heart you will see just how very real it all gets.

Two thumbs up on that one! It's been 38 years knowing the Lord Jesus for me....

They are worth more than they know...the skeptics here on ATS, that is....for more details see... www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

G

I always liked with Ranch dressing!!!

Ya'll have that in the UK?

OT

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
How goes the studies?

Pretty good actually. Semester exams are coming up though.

Still beatin up the believers?
I see you've got some company...some ole OT adversaries...

I'm a lying dragon not to be disturbed by a puny believer-peasant. After all, I do breathe fire.

....That means I do the beating when I'm provoked.

.....like on Saturday mornings!

I'm looking at you, Mormons!

I'm watching the Bulls try and beat the Celtics...what ya doing?

Homework.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This went from a normal atheist BAWWWWW thread to a thread about eating the baby meat. Whenever religion is brought up on any message board or forum anywhere, expect it to be flooded by over 9000 hardcore neck-bearded atheists. Atheists are world-renowned for messing up religious discussion with posts that can usually be summed up as "Ralijen sux" no matter how intelligent or rationalized the comment seems to the untrained eye. Atheists constantly whine about how religion is like a herd mentality meant to control the masses, without realizing that crapping yourself over anyone with any sort of theistic beliefs is far more obnoxious than the religious people they frequently whine about. Christians, in this case, have the upper-hand over atheists for not going into rampages over religious discussion on an internet forum.Listening to angry atheist rants on the internet, one can detect a common sentiment or strain of thought running throughout. This sentiment goes something like this: "Atheists are inherently smarter than theists. All theists are ignorant and irrational because of the very fact that they are theists. Why bother engaging those stupid, dim sheeple in actual debate when they are so very, very ignorant?" This is why atheists generally come across as arrogant and whiny. In delicious irony, Joe Atheist is even more full of crap than Jerry Falwell, because while a wacko fundamentalist Christian at least admits his beliefs rests on faith, the atheist insists that he has serious logic on his side. He has yet to rationalize the minor origin in universe issue in his theology of cause-and-effect, but hey, that's okay becauze the universe has just always existed It is also to remember that no atheist can understand lulz, as lulz, being a corruption of lol, means Love Our Lord. It is therefore impossible for a godless heathen to understand. No lulz may be had when you are too busy whining about how people who go out in the sun or shave are just deluding themselves and are too stupid to understand the workings of the universe which these neckbearded slobs of course fully understand. Another reason atheists generally come across as arrogant and whiny is their long winded standard of ad hominem attacks on those with whom they happen to not agree. Rather than actually engaging into some form of serious debate with theists and having an actual discussion over why each person believes what they do, they instead go crazy insane on theists and dismiss them personally based on presumably lower intellect, lack of scientific proof, etc. Most of the time, however, an atheist will suddenly decide that it's a chance to mess with Christianity royally by saying "Where is your god now?" or "God does not exist" in ALL CAPS, at any event like 9/11 that an atheist can use to blame on God. According to recent studies, there is a side behavior to atheists online. If the religious person is an internet celebrity, some awesome artist, or anyone awesome who is Christian, the atheist will become a suck-up rather than arrogant.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Randy Thomas

HaHa, funnnnny. Never thought about that one... 911 you say ? Thanks, man

I usually cuss and say that THERE IS NO GOD (

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join