It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
one can imagine in what fracture one lives when one looks and says there is no God, there is nothing right here..

It's called "Freedom". Try it some time. Small doses at first, since you're not used to it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Once again the arrogance of the religious thinking that just because you don't believe what they believe you are missing something in your life.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Once again the arrogance of the religious thinking that just because you don't believe what they believe you are missing something in your life.

A religious person believes in something so much and loves it so much that they cannot imagine not having it.

Everyone is the same way. Can you imagine living in a house with a dirt floor and grass as a roof? How about getting your news from a guy on a horse that is most likely a week or so old?

You can't imagine your life without somethings in your life. Somethings in your life you feel that everyone should have it or they are seriously missing out.

Thats how a religoues person feels about their religion.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

one can imagine in what fracture one lives when one looks and says there is no God, there is nothing right here..

Finally, The Mighty Truth, that was refreshing, thanks

I could of say:

"I'm atheist and I looked, and I concluded this: there is, indeed, something right here where I'm, and unfortunately (for you) there is nothing right there where you are..."

But I'm not.

Since You obviously have monopoly on perceiving our reality, please, do tell, how do you REALLY know that what your "feel" as reality is more real then somebody else's ?

Because you do not dwell within darkness of the fracture ?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

"A religious person believes in something so much and loves it so much that they cannot imagine not having it. "

Drug addicts of all kinds say the same thing. Stop doping your mind with religion and you'll find the real world is a pretty interesting place.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Maybe so.

But you do realize that you as an atheist are the same as someone who is religous?

A religous person believes so much that they cannot imagine not having God in their heart.

An atheist beleives so much that there isn't a God that they cannot imagine having him in their heart.

You two are the same person just with differant beliefs. You have your religous extremists who try and force religion on others and you have your athiests extremists who try and force their view on others.

I don't see the differance between the two.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

"But you do realize that you as an atheist are the same as someone who is religous? "

Stuff and nonsense, sirrah! Atheists have freed themselves of the Great Sky Fairy. No fairies, pixies, brownies, angels, demons, or Holey Ghosts hag-ride me.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Your reply to my post just furthers my opinion.

Did you read it or just read the first line and hit the reply button?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Your reply to my post just furthers my opinion.

Did you read it or just read the first line and hit the reply button?

As I've said a multitude of times, you'd never hear from me above religion if religious people were trying to shove it down my throat. I became an atheist at age seven, and have never found a reason for religion in the intervening 51 years. I was fine with that, and never bothered with anyone religious until the "witnessing" fade went around. Then I did a few suspended sentences for rebutting their witnessing a bit too vigorously. Fair enough. But now the god-botherers want to invade the science classrooms and replace the textbooks with the BuyBull. Over my dead body.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement

Finally, The Mighty Truth, that was refreshing, thanks

I could of say:

"I'm atheist and I looked, and I concluded this: there is, indeed, something right here where I'm, and unfortunately (for you) there is nothing right there where you are..."

But I'm not.

Since You obviously have monopoly on perceiving our reality, please, do tell, how do you REALLY know that what your "feel" as reality is more real then somebody else's ?

Because you do not dwell within darkness of the fracture ?

It is because I fall when what I felt was wrong. GRANDNESS!!! o strike ye

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Again, you are the same as a religous person.

There isn't any concrete proof either way on who is right, yet you want your belief and no one elses taught in science classrooms.

I take that back. The religous wants their point of view taught along side of yours. You just want yours taught.

Keep proving my point. Keep posting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Again, you are the same as a religous person.

There isn't any concrete proof either way on who is right, yet you want your belief and no one elses taught in science classrooms.

I take that back. The religous wants their point of view taught along side of yours. You just want yours taught.

Keep proving my point. Keep posting.

Wrong. A religous person thinks there's a great sky fairy running their lives. An atheist says, "prove it."

And science should be taught in science classrooms. not religion.

But, in the interest of equal time, what do you think of a professor teaching evolution in church every Sunday, with mandatory attendance?

You think you're proving a point, and I hope you continue trying. It helps me everytime you post.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Wrong. A religous person thinks there's a great sky fairy running their lives. An atheist says, "prove it."

See. This is why athiests get such a bad rep., because of people like you. It was not enough just to state your opinion but you and other athiests i have talked to feel that they have to degrade another's god to proove somthething.

There are scientist working on the Intelligent Design theory as we speak. Athiests can whine about how it is just christians trying to put god in the classroom but that is not the case. Evolution can not tell us how life began nor can it explain what came before the big bang.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that your way is the only way that makes sense and therefor all Religous people are wrong?

Sounds just like a religous person argueing their point of view. Yet again you are proving my point that you are exactly like the religous side just with differant beliefs.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianP

See. This is why athiests get such a bad rep., because of people like you. It was not enough just to state your opinion but you and other athiests i have talked to feel that they have to degrade another's god to proove somthething.

"People like me"? The only reason I speak out is because religious nutters are trying to take over the country. Starting with indoctrination of the children in science classes. Not to mention SEVEN channels of propaganda on the cable networks right now.

There are scientist working on the Intelligent Design theory as we speak. Athiests can whine about how it is just christians trying to put god in the classroom but that is not the case. Evolution can not tell us how life began nor can it explain what came before the big bang.

"Scientists"? Really? So tell, me then, where does a scientist insert "And then a miracle occurs" into a scientific paradigm?

And, oh tiredly-repeating-the-party-line-person, evolution doesn't speak about abiogenisis or about the Big Bang.

Pray for guidance, you're starting off badly.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that your way is the only way that makes sense and therefor all Religous people are wrong?

Sounds just like a religous person argueing their point of view. Yet again you are proving my point that you are exactly like the religous side just with differant beliefs.

"So what you are saying " is just a way to putting words in my mouth. Do that in RL and you'd be counting to 6, tops.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

counting to 6? So you as an athiest have only proven your ability to proove your points only by degrading the religions of others and in real life you would resort to violence if someone was debating with you. Do you ever wonder why people respond poorly to athiests when they voice their opinions?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"So what you are saying " is just a way to putting words in my mouth. Do that in RL and you'd be counting to 6, tops.

And that is how religous wars start.

Keep posting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A reminder...

Please focus responses on the Actual topic of discussion and Not perceptions of fellow member's character or person.

The "ball" Not the "player"

Thank You.

» Conspiracies in Religions » Why do Atheists care about religion? » Post Reply

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140And that is how religous wars start.

Keep posting.

"religious wars". Exactly. Wars fought in the name of religions, to shove a religion down the throats of other people, like the Moslems did? And we already had Evolution Wars I & II, or don't you read the papers? Religious teaching being shoved into science class.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join