It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Man, I don't understand why white people are racist against blacks. Our ancestors brought their ancestors here(America), it's like buying a puppy and then abusing it. I'll admit that I've met very few blacks, or mexicans that I like, but that's because they're stupid, not colored.

Anyway, I care about religion because I'm Buddhist, which is a religion yo.
I care about Christians being stupid and singleminded because I don't like stupid, singleminded people. I care about Christians telling other people that their religion is the only possible way because it's BS. Our mental capacity can't understand an omnipotent God, and I don't know why, because I've not attained the right mindstate. I know that I can understand anything, because I have an open mind, and I'll accept it if I can see/feel/experience it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Mainstream science also makes irrational claims, like anthropogenic global warming, fluoride is good for teeth, artificial sweeteners are acceptable for consumption, and that chemotherapy is an acceptable treatment for cancer.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by Welfhard

Mainstream science also makes irrational claims, like anthropogenic global warming, fluoride is good for teeth, artificial sweeteners are acceptable for consumption, and that chemotherapy is an acceptable treatment for cancer.

Sniff. Sniff. Smell a troll there. Don't we have threads on those topics already?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

And you contribution is? Oh, by calling me a troll. Try contributing to the actual discussion underway.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And you contribution is? Oh, by calling me a troll. Try contributing to the actual discussion underway.

You went completely off topic there, and brought up chum that belongs in a different thread. Hence, my estimation of trollness.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kiltedninja

yeah I agree about some eastern concepts. As for the middle-east it wouldn't surprise me if a great bulk of Kabbalistic concepts were plagiarized from within Hermetic concepts of the Egyptians, with undertones Vedic wisdom and influence.
Dont forget, Moses was apparently schooled by Pharaoh.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

There was a thread awhile back on an idea that Christianitys' roots are Egyptian, and that Moses learnt from Pharaoh Akhenaten.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Welfhard]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by Kiltedninja

yeah I agree about some eastern concepts. As for the middle-east it wouldn't surprise me if a great bulk of Kabbalistic concepts were plagiarized from within Hermetic concepts of the Egyptians, with undertones Vedic wisdom and influence.
Dont forget, Moses was apparently schooled by Pharaoh.

Don't forget, the Egyptians don't have any records of the Hebrews living in Egypt. Kind of presents a problem for the OT.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The Hebrews invaded Egypt and assimilated into their culture, similar to how the assimilated into Greek and Europe. Some of the Egyptian pharaohs were Hebrew (historians call them Hyksos), and they ruled Egypt for 100 years until they were kicked out. Exodus in the Bible is actually Egypt being reconquered rather than the Hebrews fleeing slavery.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Didn't they try to erase Akhenaton from history or some such thing?

People often times forget that the Hebrews were a warrior culture, and that many of the laws made by them were made to keep peace in their tribes.

Crazy, I know, but that's my personal views, what better way to get a culture of warriors to listen to you than to say "The Almighty God told me to tell you..." Makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kiltedninja
Didn't they try to erase Akhenaton from history or some such thing?

Certainly did, but it's difficult to erase an entire city from history.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Because humanity loves to scapegoat things. And they convinced themselves that an answer of none the above is not answering the question.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The Hebrews invaded Egypt and assimilated into their culture, similar to how the assimilated into Greek and Europe. Some of the Egyptian pharaohs were Hebrew (historians call them Hyksos), and they ruled Egypt for 100 years until they were kicked out. Exodus in the Bible is actually Egypt being reconquered rather than the Hebrews fleeing slavery.

Hyksos means "the Sea People", IIRC. Not "the Hebrews". Rewriting history to mold it to the bible isn't going to work.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Are you saying the the Hebrews never travelled by sea?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Are you saying the the Hebrews never travelled by sea?

I'm saying "Hyksos" is Egyptian for "The Sea People." Re-interpret that any way you wish.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So ... what's your point? Obviously they travelled by sea from Canaan to Egypt.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think religion is an importiant part of life. The athiests i have encountered are normaly just people that think they are better than everyone else because they are "smart" while using stand up commedians for most of their information. People need to keep in mind that Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong and Pol Pot were all athiests and all tried to get religion free states. So next time an athiest tells you about all the violence that religion has caused ask them how many Athiests worked in the gulag.

As a side note the religious posters athiests usually cry about are always advertising somthing. Rehabilitation/ private school/ private hospital/ church/ charity. When have ever seen an athiest charity group or ANY athiest humanitarian effort? All i have seen are bumper stickers that in one way or another say i am an athiest (and they usualy have to degrade another religion to get the point accross). Show me a group of athiests that do somthing to help man and not just themselves, they can battle in the courts to get God removed from everything but what do they have to contribute to society.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by BrianP]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hyksos means "the Sea People", IIRC. Not "the Hebrews". Rewriting history to mold it to the bible isn't going to work.

Hyksos; egyptian "heqa Khasewet- (foreign rulers) or in Arabic( Shepherd Kings).
There is plenty recorded about the Hyksos in Egytian history; they Ruled in Egypt in egypts 15th Dynasty.
One doesnt have to mold the bible to accommodate this period or peoples into Egypts history. Look to Freemasonry to see another version of this story- the Proto-Jewish occupation of Egypt. Taking control of Cairo, the Egyptians moved their affairs to the city of Thebes, after the Egyptian Pharaoh Seqenenre Tao II was murdered whilst praying in the Temple of the Sun God.
Seqenenres' mummy is in Cairo museum for consideration. He has the three distinct head injuries which correspond to the injuries received by the First Freemason, and supposed builder of the "first temple"; nick-named by freemasons as Brother Hiram Abif. This has been attributed by scholars to Hiram of Tyre, whom supposedly commissioned the building of Solomons Temple to Yah-Weh- this I, think is the bible being molded to encompass the truth.
Where did the sea-people reference come from? i am not familiar with IIRC.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

yeah they probably did......only after they wormed their way into Egypt, Killed the Pharaoh, and black-mailed they Egyptians; first from all their grain (Jacob and sons knew of the coming drought, then of their worldly possessions (for grain), then of land etc.....and lastly probably the Pharaohs impressive Naval Fleet; so there is no doubt in my mind that they didn't sail.
There is a big chunk of chronological history (appropriately missing ) from the old Testament.
Part of this was when the Pharaohs' son (Khamose);Pharaoh:whom the Proto-jews killed, came of age and raised his army to chase their menace from Egypt. The ones that didnt get away, where made use of, to the advantage of the previously conquered. Then we heard echoed through the corridors-of-time "LET MY PEOPLE GO......"

The ones that chose not to go and abide by the new-pharaohs rule, were proclaimed Quislings; or traitors.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Actually you two this is a small amount of evidence of Hebrews living in Ancient Egypt, with on individual even going as far as being a trusted advisor to the pharaoh. I can't find the link for that as I saw it on Discovery but all well.
Egyptian Tomb Inscription May Bear Oldest Proto-Hebrew Text Yet
Images of Hebrews/Semites from Ancient Egyp

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join