It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thai Protest Blocks Summit Meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Thai Protest Blocks Summit Meeting

www.nytimes.com

PATTAYA, Thailand — A summit meeting of East Asian leaders intended to address the economic crisis and regional issues got off to a rocky start Friday when hundreds of protesters blocked the main entrance to the convention center where leaders were gathering.

The demonstrators left the grounds of the summit in the early evening Friday, but only after columns of military and police units had rushed to protect the hotel and convention center.

The disturbance offered leaders a close-up look at the political discord that is wrenching Thailand, some of it fueled by the economic crisis. Bangkok has been the scene of massive demonstrations against the prime minister in recent days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
please close the thread if it was already posted (I was trying to search but have not found it).

that is a spirit. as I heard on news some of the asian leaders were evacuated by copters.

I can see people in Asia are getting more and more angry. there are actually protests going on in Russia, Georgia, China, Thailand, Korea, Pakistan. there are a tensions between the asian countries - Thailand/Cambodia, India/Pakistan, Israel/Palestine. there is war going on in Afghanistan and Iraq. there are nukes. there is unsolved "problem" of Iran. there is Israel.

and they do not care about the life as the western people. the violence is familiar with their culture. and here I can see a danger to unrest going out of any control and causing the domino effect worldwide.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well they're reporting now that the meeting has been canceled because of the protests.

CNN

The Thais are good at this stuff, forced a change in their government last year if I remember right. Seems like the rest of the world is way ahead of the curve..

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

exactly my thoughts.
the meeting is over. there were a really big problems to take the VIPs out off the mess.
and after such a success I belive for the big unrest soon over there. we'll see.

new topics

top topics

join