It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man's killing by police shakes La. town

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I got one question and one question only... why the hell was the guy's son running from police. Police do not give chase for no reason

Edit: jus read a few more posts... one mentioning a perceived threat and a real threat.. how the hell do you clarify between the 2? You have to be in the situation yourself and I don't know who said it but 'hurry to assist your partner'? Yeh cos loads of people can hurry faster than a bullet...

Stupid statements for stupid times, the amount of guns EVERYWHERE in the USA and you're suprised your cops are so trigger happy? The majority pick that job for one reason and thats to enforce the law, I'm pretty sure they don't want the possibility of a being riddled with bullets everytime they jump out their squad car.

I for one want to join the police in my country but I'm doing it cos I'm just that sick of the scumbags on the streets of where I live and want to do something about it personally. Not because I was bullied at school and want payback or want to enforce the nazi agenda some people think the police live by

[edit on 20-4-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I got one question and one question only... why the hell was the guy's son running from police. Police do not give chase for no reason

Does it matter? The son wasn't shot, his father was, and he wasn't being chased by the police!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

OMG!!!!!

Does this STINK of corruption or what? Does this STINK of police cover-ups and unfair treatment? Well, of course the police can say whatever they want and get away with it, Mr Ben isn't going to stand on up and defend himself anymore, is he?!?!

The race issue is not a No. 1 concern to me, though of course it IS a concern. The reason, ModernAcademia (cool name btw), why black man's killing is put as the headline is because the history of colored men have been more... shall we say, turbulent.

If this was a scenario of a robbery, or a fistfight, with a black man killed by white man, or vice versa, NO FUSS would have been made about it.

However, this is a man who is elderly, who has seen the past and thought that the fight against racial crime was over, who did nothing except enjoy the barbecue with BOTH WHITE AND BLACK NEIGHBORS, and who was probably thinking that his son was being chased by drug dealers and hence took out his gun...

BUT WITHOUT CLARIFICATION...

BANG!

Only the shooter was the policeman, jumping to conclusions, thinking the son pulled a gun on him, thinking there was intention to shoot, making the assumption that just because he was black, he was readily violent.

Well, sure, there is that criminal record, but...

OKAY, ANYWAY, THAT PIECE OF NEWS I BOLDED IS ABSOLUTELY CAUSE TO DISCUSS!!!

Conspiracy faking by Homer police!

The article said the friends and family said he didn't have a gun and the gun was planted.

Who is to say they are not lying?

I have seen it before, the friends and family will say anything to protect the person.

If a cop is gonna bother to chase someone all the way to their house, they probably have a good reason. Not like they walked in and happened to see the guy and shoot.

Yes, LA has the most corrupt cops in town. But a lot of citizens are not angels either.

There is more to this story, if the newspaper is even reporting it acurately.

Fact is, we don't know either way really.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I understand your point but yeh it does matter... the cops wouldn't have even had reason to be near the house if the son hadn't made them chase him home.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join