It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former 'Power Rangers' Actor Sentenced to Death in Yacht Killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Former 'Power Rangers' Actor Sentenced to Death in Yacht Killings

www.foxnews.com

Orange County Superior Court Judge Frank F. Fasel on Friday imposed the (death) sentence recommended by the jury that convicted 29-year old Skylar Deleon of killing Tom and Jackie Hawks of Prescott, Ariz.

Prosecutors say the Long Beach man and a teen actor in a "Power Rangers" TV series feigned interest in buying the couple's yacht and killed them during a test cruise in 2004.
Deleon overpowered them on a test cruise, tied them to an anchor and tossed them into the Pacific Ocean as they begged for their lives, according to the prosecution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Recently I’ve been quoted on ATS as taking a stand (standing ovation) for agreeing wholeheartedly when the death sentence is handed down in cases of sexually molesting, assaulting and killing children - rape of any aged person.
I (was) pretty firm in the above cases being the only such that should receive the death.
Not anymore.

This walking abomination and his wife should (IMO) both receive death (he has, she has not).
I don’t even believe he should be eligible for appeal but again, that's just me.

I can’t even fathom the actions taken by this man and his wife.
I’ve no level of comprehension to allow me to understand someone lying their way onto a yacht, then killing it’s owners by handcuffing them to an anchor and dropping them overboard!
Would keeping this man alive serve any purpose whatsoever - other than to drain taxpayers money?

No, (IMO).

I hate to admit the world is changing my moral belief system but it's cases such as this that definitely do.

How ironic the name of the yacht *Well Deserved*

To the killers: Your deaths are definitely well deserved - that you’re getting off with a simple needle is not.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: To correct - The couple was handcuffed not tied to the boat anchor.

peace

[edit on 11-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
In Remembrance of Tom and Jackie Hawks

Taken from the above link.

Skylar Deleon and Machain are accused of staking out the boat and the victims on November 6th. Jennifer Deleon is accused of gaining the trust of the Hawks by bringing her 9-month old baby to meet the Hawks on November 9th.
On November 15th, Skylar Deleon, Machain, and Kennedy are accused of taking the boat out of the harbor, overpowering the Hawks, forcing them to sign the transfer of title documents, handcuffing and tying them to the anchor, and drowning them.
Skylar and Jennifer are accused of communicating frequently by cell phone while the boat was out.
Skylar and Jennifer Deleon are accused of cleaning the boat with bleach and destroying evidence and personal items belonging to the Hawks.
The Deleons are accused of getting papers signed by the Hawks notarized with backdates.
The Deleons are accused of trying to take money out of the Hawks bank account in Arizona and placing it in a bank account in Mexico.
The Deleons and Machain are accused of trying to create evidence the Hawks were moving to Mexico after they were murdered.
On January 16, 2005, Skylar Deleon was arrested while he was trying to leave for Mexico and Jennifer Deleon was arrested on April 8, 2005.

During the preliminary examination held in 2005, defendant Jennifer
Deleon laughed during the hearing while the grieving Hawks family watched.

I hope the many family and friends of the victims can somehow find peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This man deserves his Jury Trial - As is his right.

Then when we execute him; there won't be any confusion about why.

The veil is thin...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
weird.
another child-actor thing?
the story is very dark. so sad.
god complex = power ranger complex?

condolences to the family.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

This walking abomination and his wife should (IMO) both receive death (he has, she has not).
I don’t even believe he should be eligible for appeal but again, that's just me.

Never heard of this case till now.

I think I understand greed to a certain extent, but how people can slaughter innocent people just to obtain a small luxury is beyond my comprehension.

An appeal is part of our system - it is there because our system is not perfect. In order to have a fair and just system everybody going through it needs to be treated the same.

I don't believe in the death penalty because I don't trust many who work in our justice system and because of their flaws it is flawed. Though I wouldn't have a problem looking the other way if family members of those killed were to take revenge. I just don't like the idea of government sanctioned murder.

I also believe that it's better for us that we don't become killers - as in executing certain convicts. I think having to live locked up for the rest of their life is far more severe than the easy way out - dying.

Getting satisfaction for putting somebody to death is in itself perhaps greedy, selfish and evil. Should we allow those who are this way to make us like them or should we set the way for others to follow?

Edit to add.

After reading about his first known murder It appears he is a serial killer and perhaps the Death Penalty is appropriate for him.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I heard about this a couple months ago, one of those shows like 60 minutes was doing a whole hour about it.

This goof and his wife pretended to be buyers, they met the couple and made up this whole story about themselves that wasn't true at all. He then convinced these 2 people to take him and his wife out of the ocean to show off the boat so they could make the final decision to buy or not.

Lots of people knew about the trip, and it was completely obvious that they would never get away with it. Regardless, they boarded the boat that day with (as far as my memory serves me) either 1 or 2 hired thugs which helped during the murder.

They ruthlessly murdered them tossing them overboard weighted down so they would sink while they were alive!!

In my opinion, the wife is JUST AS MUCH as guilty as the husband, and the evidence shows what a major part she had in it. They were caught spending the couples money afterwards, at the bank with-drawing money, the whole 9 yards, zero remorse.

We don't have the death penalty in Canada, but if we did I would definitely vote for both of these scum buckets to be toasted.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Wooooow craziness

Am I the only one who wants to know what ranger that was? I think I recognize him as the green one but I want confirmation. Anyone know for sure?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Some reason this reminds me of Luke 17:2 in the Bible.

I really don't understand how someone can be so greedy. I wish someone could finally prove that life after death existed so that murders would think twice about killing someone because of consequences they face when they reach the other side.

Why didn't they just buy the yacht like an honest person? If they couldn't afford it, then how did they expect to keep the yacht? It costs thousands of dollars just to fill the gas tank in one of those, let alone pay for a spot to park it, and keep it from being destroyed by the elements at sea, and maintained.

I think the problem with people is they don't plan for the future, they don't think about the future, or see any distance into the future. It's hard to do, but pretty basic, it's almost like mathematics.

1+1= the future

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I don't believe in the death penalty because I don't trust many who work in our justice system and because of their flaws it is flawed. Though I wouldn't have a problem looking the other way if family members of those killed were to take revenge. I just don't like the idea of government sanctioned murder.

Your statement opens up a whole other can of worms - Not having faith in the judicial system and being all to aware of it’s flaws and corruption.
One reason I too was not a blanket death sentence advocate.

Like I said I'd only subscribed to the death sentence in cases in connection of rape and the rape/killing molestation of children.

I’m sorry to say new exceptions, like this one are being add to my list of acceptable death sentences. (IMO)

This case though seems to have made it through the cracks of a corrupt system showing in some cases it does produce ‘well deserved’ sentenced being handed down.

Thanks for the response.

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by l0st0ne

Luke 17:2 in the bible where it say power ranger kills 2 in boat?

and i checked which ranger he is,

www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Excerpt:

"The son of a convicted drug dealer, Deleon began acting in bit parts in commercials as a child. At age 14, he appeared in the series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in the episode titled "Second Chance" in a supporting role of a boy named Roger who didn't make the soccer team at first but does at the end of the episode, which aired May 4, 1994."

www.imdb.com...

Added 'ex' tags for external content

[edit on 11/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
A needle is to easy.

Chain him to a rock at low tide and let him think about it as the tide comes in.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I can't believe I used to think the Morphin Power Rangers rocked
I was such a dork back then.

Then I realized the reason why they used helmets with dark visors was because nobody would notice that it wasn't them who were doing all those cool karate moves. Blaaah.

For these two couples to kill the older couple, dumb! What were they thinking- that they entered an alternate dimension and that nobody would notice

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Truly a sad day when one of your childhood hero's is sentenced to death.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just to clear things up, he was not an actual Power Ranger, just an extra. I don't even know if he was a reoccurring extra, much less a 'child star' Misleading journalism, they wonder why the profession is nearly dead...

I had to go look it up real quick, I had to make sure Tommy or Jason didn't go off the deep end after Zordon replaced the whole original crew...

Anyways, I don't think he should get the death penalty, but that goes back to my belief that no one deserves the death penalty no matter what the crime committed. If only we had proper rehabilitation centers instead of prisons... Just think, we could be coming back to this story five years from now and be talking about how well of a job the doctors did helping this man return to mental health and rejoining society, instead of getting some temporary pleasure out of retribution for a crime that has nothing to do with any of us here, whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I oppose the death penalty unconditionally. What a sad story.

new topics

top topics

join