It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was followed by a shadow person! With photo...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I believe the OP. I have witnessed this myself. Everytime I go outside on a sunny day and I look over my shoulder I see this strange shadow person following me. Can anyone explain this to me? I just attribute it to aliens or ghosts or interdimensional beings.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have a good friend who takes hundreds of pictures in cemeteries while by herself, so it isn't unusual for me to hear you were there alone.

I have no ideas what this shadowy figure is. No idea if it is something paranormal or perhaps easily explained (i.e. a bird or another object in the cemetery). My question is... when you say this shadow followed you, I was under an impression this shadow followed you in several pictures. Was it one image? Or more than one? Do you have pictures of the same area from a different angle that would help to identify if the shadow figure is coming from something in the cemetery?

If this was me, I'd be freaked out. But I would go back to see if anything could explain away the shadow (and cross fingers something does explain it). Good Luck! If you have other pictures with this shadow following you, it would have been great to see.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
A few days ago i went on a photo hunt through a local masonic/war veteran cemetery, I took around 200 photos and nothing out of the ordinary appeared in any of them...that was until i noticed a shadowy figure lurking beside me in my shadow! or is it just an illusion? see photo...tell me what you think!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Cool photo, but absolutely no way to prove you were by yourself at the time. Also aren't shadow people usually vertical? I haven't seen any photos of shadow beings as shadows on the ground. They are usually on a wall or independent of a wall and are seen in the air. Cool photo though. It would definately freak me out if I knew I was alone when I took it.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jzbrown
reply to post by Griffo515

You are a retard. First off, if you were going to pull this off, you should have never mentioned that you went to a local masonic/war cemetery. Immediately upon looking at this, it is obvious this is the shadow from a monument of a soldier crouched over holding onto a gun maybe, and another standing with arms crossed. Secondly, if that is a picture of you, and you are by yourself taking a picture, then why does your picture look like you are standing straight up with your arms crossed? Give me a break.

Upon reading what you have said here, i would assume that you opened this thread and read the first 4 or 5 responses and instantly thought you knew everything there was to know about this photo. Don't call me a retard, its insulting.
And think about it...really, "why does your picture look like you are standing straight up with your arms crossed?" How could I honestly take a photo with no hands.

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
OP is intentionally being a jerk

And yes, it's insulting to call your friend a "shadow person"

Not that I believe in shadow people, just get a MySpace or something to post your crap in.

Looks like you're another one. Thank you for the contribution. Really, it makes people want to share material on ATS with ought ridicule.

Originally posted by ShesSoDizzy
I have a good friend who takes hundreds of pictures in cemeteries while by herself, so it isn't unusual for me to hear you were there alone.

I have no ideas what this shadowy figure is. No idea if it is something paranormal or perhaps easily explained (i.e. a bird or another object in the cemetery). My question is... when you say this shadow followed you, I was under an impression this shadow followed you in several pictures. Was it one image? Or more than one? Do you have pictures of the same area from a different angle that would help to identify if the shadow figure is coming from something in the cemetery?

If this was me, I'd be freaked out. But I would go back to see if anything could explain away the shadow (and cross fingers something does explain it). Good Luck! If you have other pictures with this shadow following you, it would have been great to see.

Defiantly, I think what Helig and yourself said could be the closest explanation so far. It was only the one image out of all of them. And like i said, i will be returning to that exact location for further analysis and to help keep everyone here from calling me a "jerk" "retard" "liar" "hoaxer" whatever..

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, aside from the op's statment that he was there alone, there is NOTHING else to point that this is anything but another persons shadow. No abnormailty in size, structure or lighting of said shadow. And I believe with 100% certinty, it's a shadow being cast by some solid figure right next to him. There is no other explaination. Nothing that looks paranormal or out of place save for the op's lack of knowing(or telling) what was aside him casting a shadow..

Ultimatly, weither he was with someone or not, weither he knew something was casting this shadow or not, there is nothing more here than a shadow being cast. No paranormal activity, no abnormalities, nothing. Just a shadow being cast...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There seems to be a faint shadow being cast on the left white pylon; indicative of an origin from outside the frame of the picture.

IE, your friend behind you or next to you.

Invert the colors on the pic, you'll see it; it's hard to make out in the normal spectrum because of its brightness. Invert the pic and it's obvious.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why are you taking a photo of what is essentially a bare patch of ground? That seems suspicious. Or is it cropped?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I too would like to see another picture from the same location, around the same time of day if possible.

We are instructed on ATS to pick apart the evidence, not the member. This type of character assassination, to this ATSer, is the most disappointing part of this thread. An example of what is wrong with so much in the world. :sigh:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I agree 100 percent, and have to say something about it as well. The direct insults, and non contributions of liar and hoaxer are rude and I thought the type of post that broke TOS.

What is so difficult about responding in a sincere decent manner, offer your opinion on THE TOPIC, and leave the personal insults out of the posts?

This is NOT the way ATS works. This is a great website, because such ignorance and rudeness are not tolerated.

I for one appreciate the OP posting this picture.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What's Wrong With This Picture?

A member who's been with us for almost two years says "I was followed by a shadow person!" and offers a photograph for examination here in the Paranormal Studies forum.

Many of the responses are skeptical but thoughtful and polite. To those who gave them, thank you.

Unfortunately, some members have chosen to substitute insults for intelligent analysis. It is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable.

Whatever your personal opinions about the credibility of Griffo515's account may be -- even if you think he's a flagrant hoaxer -- NO ONE has any business insulting or denigrating him in these forums.

NO ONE

If you think a member is hoaxing or otherwise violating the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, ALERT the post or submit a complaint.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, INSULT OR RIDICULE A FELLOW MEMBER SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE.

Insults, scoffing and ridicule are poison to a forum where we invite members to discuss topics like these. It's nothing more nor less than trolling and disrespectful to the entire ATS community, and that's how it will be handled.

Members who think such abysmal behavior is appropriate in our forums should look elsewhere for their amusement.

This thread will stay on topic and there will be courtesy.

Period.

No more scoffing and ridicule...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

A member who's been with us for almost two years says "I was followed by a shadow person!" and offers a photograph for examination here in the Paranormal Studies forum.

I just want to say I agree with everything you said except for one thing. I have learned that the amount of time one has been a member of ATS does not mean a thing.

We recently had a member who was well respected and was in good standing who posted intelligent well thought out posts, get banned because they decided to commit a hoax after one year with us.

So just because this person has been a member for two years does NOT mean that they will not pull a hoax.

That said, I agree with everything else you said. There has been some pretty disgusting replies to this forum. I have seen name calling and insult hurling etc.... and that is NOT what ATS stands for or represents.

ATS is a place to have intelligent discussions about a number of topics, free from ridicule and harrasment that they may otherwise get somewhere else.

Let's all please refrain from that activity Not just for the sake of this thread. But for the sake of ATS as a whole.

As far as the picture is concerned, I believe that either it is the shadow of a person next to the OP or, it is the shadow of one of those statue graves of an angel/person.

I don't see anything supernatural here. I would love to see you go back and take a photo in that same spot but facing the opposite direction so we can see what was behind you.

If that is possible that would REALLY help, I also want to add that I am sorry to see the level of immaturity the posters in this thread has reached, I am sorry as well, if any of my two previous posts offended you or hurt your feelings in anyway. That was not my intention.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I agree with those questioning the photographer's posture. It would seem the camera is not at eye level (based on stated person's shadow) but is held to take a picture of the shadows by looking downward at a display or just point and shoot. Just seems a bit odd.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by joben
Why are you taking a photo of what is essentially a bare patch of ground? That seems suspicious. Or is it cropped?

It was actually a photo of the fallen and weathered head stone that is laying on the ground.

Originally posted by roadgravel
I agree with those questioning the photographer's posture. It would seem the camera is not at eye level (based on stated person's shadow) but is held to take a picture of the shadows by looking downward at a display or just point and shoot. Just seems a bit odd.

It was a digital video camera on photo mode, so i had no need to have it at eye level...it has a little LCD screen.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The bird outline explanation post was kinda freaky to me! OMG if I knew a bird that big was behind me the whole time just watching me that would scare the crap out of me! That scares me more than thinking it's a "shadow person".

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I apologize for what I said. I was drunk but it still doesn't excuse my behavior. We have seen so many deliberate hoaxes being posted here.

I don't know what to say about the picture except to say it's possible that you might not have been aware that something was behind you like maybe a statue casting this shadow.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yeah I did think something was up when you said "then simply seek a professional help" lol...

By the way...Happy Easter everyone! I didnt even realize it was Easter day!
Ill be posting more photos and/or video footage of that exact same place one this rain clears up.
Until then, please keep up your explanations and opinions on the photo.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here in Rochester we have a beautiful old cemetery that many people just love to spend hours in photographing. Both my daughter and my best friend have been taking shots there for years.

I have seen similar things in some of the photos they have taken over the years but none as pronounced as this one. I don't have a scanner so there is no way I can provide any of the images, but I have seen many anomalies in pictures around grave sights.

I also am sad to see people attacking the person that started the thread, we can look at evidence and express our opinions without being unpleasant.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Here in Rochester we have a beautiful old cemetery that many people just love to spend hours in photographing. Both my daughter and my best friend have been taking shots there for years.

I have seen similar things in some of the photos they have taken over the years but none as pronounced as this one. I don't have a scanner so there is no way I can provide any of the images, but I have seen many anomalies in pictures around grave sights.

I also am sad to see people attacking the person that started the thread, we can look at evidence and express our opinions without being unpleasant.

Ive been taking photos in this cemetery and surrounding areas for around 7 years now. But this is the first time I have ever done a shoot in afternoon twilight, normally its in complete darkness. But this, is the very first time Ive ever captured an 'anomaly' such as this...which is why i posted it here for close examination.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
To me it looks like a big bird, (maybe a raven?) sitting on a post, with the tail forming the left 'arm'. The bird's head seems to be looking either towards you or away, distorting the shape of the shadow.

A pole in the background forms the right 'arm' (which is way longer).

Here's what I mean:

Hi all, first time post, long time lurker

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join