It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was followed by a shadow person! With photo...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Maybe a silly question but did you take 200 photos of the cemetery???

Or was it 200 in total?
And what was the purpose of the picture taken on the cemetery?
What was it that made you take the picture?

Could you go back to the same spot taking new pictures?
If so, please do so, and do backup a bit so you also get the the gravestone ,we also see in the shadow, be a part of the image as well?`

Intriguing photo though...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That is a beautiful cemetery. And what a shock it must have been to run across this picture.

In my opinion, it is a shadow cast by one of those crouching/kneeling looking angels, with hands spread apart, like it is bestowing a blessing.

Here is a google image link for reference to what I mean.

images.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=ql_gSbvjGpOCmQeuq-2LDA&sa=X &oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Buying a digital camera. 60$
Upgrading your memory chip. 30$
Boredom, priceless.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Something to keep in mind about pictures of what people call "shadow" spirits.
They rarely if ever create a "full" human shaped shadow/aparition. Also they are more times than not transparent to a high degree, even if they are photo graphed in the way you have shown. In the picture you have shown it should really appear to be more in front of you than next to you. It would be classed as a play of sunlight if we where to turn it in. Have seen several like this turned down due to the sun's position in the photograph.
Lately there has been a lot of photographs being taken of these anomalies and with their increase is also coming much clearer pictures. (maybe due to new technology etc.) It hasn't been explained as of yet, but hey we are working on it!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What the mama goddess?!?!

Unless you post up a photo of YOURSELF (NOT your shadow) and the shadow person next to you... don't waste my time!

That's CLEARLY the shadows of you and your friend!!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If this isn't a hoax, and if there was no friend involved, then I think hotbakedtater nailed it:

In my opinion, it is a shadow cast by one of those crouching/kneeling looking angels, with hands spread apart, like it is bestowing a blessing.

Can you go back to the exact same spot and take pictures looking backward? That would help.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Its an allusion of a shadow slightly behind you, and to your left.

Its really a stick Steve, its a stick!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It appears to be a shadow Zombie.

Whatch out before it eats your shadow brains!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Definitely the ghost of Igor, or perhaps the hunchback of Nortedam.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'll be seeing [HOAX] on the title of this thread. Mark my word. The OP knows that is a shadow cast by another person at his side. He knows he is promoting a fraud in an attempt to ruse the forum in his own self-indulged world of trolling.

I don't see anything other then a hoax here, so to go along and play the OP's game of trying to convince us otherwise is really not up to par with other more legitimate claims.

The angle of the sunlight is drawing a long shadow, easy for the shadow person [ops friend] to simply crouch and watch in his amusement as his arms stretch out and fantasize about how cool it would be to be a shadow person, when in reality folks, what we have here is a shadow puppet.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'll go on record as saying the OP is trolling, or maliciously lying.

I'll also go on record as saying he is either utterly computer illiterate, or lazy. It would have been a much better hoax if he had taken two pictures - one with his friend, and one without. Then, using the one without his friend, either clone in the shadow - or remove his friend by cloning the background. Then just blur the whole thing a little bit or resize the photo smaller and use heavy .jpg encryption. Not perfect, but a good enough quickie job to fool many here.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes, I agree. The OP is obviously attempting to hoax us or is just simply delusional.

If any one wants to hoax or pull a wool over someone's eyes, ATS is not a place to do that.

ATS will simply tear you apart.

If, however, you are simply delusional, then simply seek a professional help.

If, however, you are serious, then there's a most likely a conventional explanation. Alleged genuine photos of shadow people don't look like that.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Maybe a silly question but did you take 200 photos of the cemetery???

Or was it 200 in total?
And what was the purpose of the picture taken on the cemetery?
What was it that made you take the picture?

Could you go back to the same spot taking new pictures?
If so, please do so, and do backup a bit so you also get the the gravestone ,we also see in the shadow, be a part of the image as well?`

Intriguing photo though...

It would have come close to 200 photos- give or take. My purpose was to...well to be honest, I'm always hoping to capture something like this on photo and/or film. Ive always had an interest in the topic or paranormal.

Certainly, I can go back to that exact location take more photos or even some footage just to prove to everyone here who has instantly labeled me as a hoaxer that I'm not here to waste anyone's time or my own.

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Where, exactly, was this photo taken?

Warwick Cemetery, Masonic & Veterans section. QLD Australia.

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
That is a beautiful cemetery. And what a shock it must have been to run across this picture.

Here is a google image link for reference to what I mean.

images.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=ql_gSbvjGpOCmQeuq-2LDA&sa=X &oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

Thank you for sharing!

That's a very good observation. You see a lot of those statues on top of the newer gravestones. But i don't think there would be any big enough (or even still standing in this section) that would be big enough to cast a shadow.

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Yes, I agree. The OP is obviously attempting to hoax us or is just simply delusional.

If any one wants to hoax or pull a wool over someone's eyes, ATS is not a place to do that.

ATS will simply tear you apart.

If, however, you are simply delusional, then simply seek a professional help.

If, however, you are serious, then there's a most likely a conventional explanation. Alleged genuine photos of shadow people don't look like that.

Maybe try taking me serious and contributing towards a explanation? I don't mean to single you out...but too many people here are doing nothing but calling me a liar. I CAN ASSURE YOU ALL, THERE WAS NOBODY WITH ME AT THE TIME...NOR WAS THERE IN THE ENTIRE CEMETERY. Iv posted this to share with you all what i have found, and to discus what it could have been...not to waste anyone's time OR MY OWN.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Griffo, you claim you want to discuss this photo with ATS members in order to find out what it is - yet before you even gave others a chance to discuss, you had already named it a "Shadow Person" in your thread headline and made the claim that the thing was following you.

It read like a really tacky tabloid headline...

"I was followed by a shadow person!:With photo..."

You have to admit... to anyone that wasn't there, the photo looks like a really bogus attempt at hoaxing or blatant piss take. Team it with your sensationalized Headline and perhaps you may start to understand why you have experienced such resistance from members.

BTW... dude.. why are you standing on someones grave? That's kinda uncool!

IRM

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The typical "shadow person" doesn't actually look like a shadow. They are black, and sometimes appear two dimensional, and that is why they are called "shadow people."

This appears to be an ordinary shadow. I suppose it could be a shadow from some other type of entity which wasn't visible to you at the time, but if so it's not a shadow person.

My opinion for what it is worth.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
ok a figured grave stone is what you pointed in your picture as you, the shadow is the actual you. or the ghost is an alien striking a pose.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a gander at that, my theory is that its quite possibly a bird perched at such a position that its shadow is almost as large as that of a human. Just a shot because it looked to me like a side profile of a bird sitting on something.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by otterpal
The typical "shadow person" doesn't actually look like a shadow. They are black, and sometimes appear two dimensional, and that is why they are called "shadow people."

This appears to be an ordinary shadow. I suppose it could be a shadow from some other type of entity which wasn't visible to you at the time, but if so it's not a shadow person.

My opinion for what it is worth.

No, that's not what he meant. He used to word "shadow" to say that the person is a tag-along. He is being verbally abusive.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join