It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piracy Is Funny? Pirates Hold U.S. Captain ~ Hillary Cackles over "Criminal Act"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Can someone tell me what is funny about piracy? I'm afraid I just don't see the humor in Ms. Clinton's remarks.

www.familysecuritymatters.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Becky, did you really, really, really just post a link from Family Security Matters bringing up the U.S. Treaty with Tripoli where our Founding Fathers all signed a document stating this wasn't a Christian Nation?

I guess the current Secretary of State laughed because we've been fighting these guys for centuries and news media pretending it's a new development are just as dumb as you making hay of it.

I'm so sorry this administration isn't one you'd like to have a beer with, but smart people that know things make fun of dumb questions from dumb people. It's hard wired.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by shenanigan]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shenanigan

What are you talking about? My link was where I got the title to the OP from.

I'm glad you and Clinton think the current situation is funny. If we cannot solve a simple problem like piracy after all these years then we are in dire straits.

Obama has voted 'present' on this, told our ships to back off so that we don't antagonize the pirates into firing at us, and our Secretary of State is cackling like a banshee about a matter she doesn't deem important.

Meanwhile, the pirates have brought another half-dozen ships into the area to buzz our navy. And an American captain sits hostage in a dinghy.

Yeah, real 'smart people that know things'.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
If we cannot solve a simple problem like piracy after all these years then we are in dire straits.

Can you elaborate please: How exactly is this a simple problem ?

What it would be simple solution here according to you ?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shenanigan

You know sooo much. Tell me when the last time Americans were hijacked by Somali pirates?

I guess we could say that the Iraq war is nothing to write home about, since we've had many many wars, eh? And the Crash of 1929 negates today's economic crisis. Etc, etc..

[edit on 11-4-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Please revue this link everyone

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

That is just about enough insults...

Semper

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement

Originally posted by jsobecky
If we cannot solve a simple problem like piracy after all these years then we are in dire straits.

Can you elaborate please: How exactly is this a simple problem ?

What it would be simple solution here according to you ?

I think you might want to direct that question to Hillary, since she is the one who finds it petty enough to laugh about.

I've already laid out ways to stop the piracy in other threads.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Piracy has been around since before America was even colonized.

While I think Hillary Clinton is unequipped to deal with the smallest political problem, her lack of decorum is troubling to say the least.

Piracy is just a catchy item to attach to terrorism. Piracy will be linked to terrorism laws soon enough.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Never lose a good crisis ???????

There nothing to laugh about.

Sea piracy has always been rewarded by a rope around necks and being hung to a mast.

I don't understand how; with so much war ships around, this thing keep going on ?

If you are nice with those pirates, You tell them to released prisonners, boats in exchange of their own lives.

They refuse, you snipped them one by one. And you hang their body in plain sight.

Since you don't lose a good crisis, it must be something else from Hilary. because it doesn't make any sense.

(Hilary, from the word Hilarious, obiously)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
( put in a load of swaring instead) just incase!! lol (edited)

so many offtopics made me laugh

:note to mod:

being sarcastic!!!

its not easy dealing with pierats! but cmon give people time to talk and reslove the issue i think clinton was doing her best to say " we are dealing with it as best we can "

I would laugh also knowing how dire the situation is but how complex it is.. try looking at the stupid question she was asked !!

please dont ban me i was being funny sarcastic and i was on topic!!

[edit on 11-4-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
edit to remove drunken rant. It would be nice to see someone that can be serious in a serious situation. That video made me mad

[edit on 11-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
...piracy in Somalia is a direct consequence of western disastrous foreign colonial policies which include destroying countries of the third world for selfish profit...

...as you sow so shall you reap

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Piracy is just a catchy item to attach to terrorism. Piracy will be linked to terrorism laws soon enough.

I don't know about that...yesterday I heard a news snippet where a politician said that pirates are not terrorists. He referred to them as businessmen, and said the unarmed ships were a 'business opportunity'.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i have had a good laugh myself
pirates in some form will always exist, the joke here is these stupid criminals don't get it... they are hijacking ships (US flag not withstanding as they all have been ported and actually foreign to the US vessels, not US owned)
they have antagonized the US and these jokers think they have a chance
identity of a main pirate vessel, or a set up by the US navy and its lights out.
being identified as Somali Pirates, the US will not get embroiled in another mess there, but in the ocean and seas- Hillary would laugh because as soon as they have crossed into international waters and threatened this navy the ships can be sunk and the pirate sniped off the decks easy as pie, we only need one destroyer, scratch a frigate- and all these guys will be running.
perhaps the US will create an alliance with some country and patrol or simply crush them
it is good for the media and the populace to have "enemies" anyway this is to easy to stop and too silly not to laugh at.
what has the death toll been over the last year do to this anyway? my condolences if any have been taken...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If Bush Jr. only went into Iraq to avenge his father why wouldnt Clinton and Co. be looking for excuses to get back into Somalia to re-do what Bill botched?

That's why she thinks it's funny.

Gotta love these politicians.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
...piracy in Somalia is a direct consequence of western disastrous foreign colonial policies which include destroying countries of the third world for selfish profit...

...as you sow so shall you reap

First sensible post i have read here, well done.

Who cares if she laughs about it, those somali people must have some balls to front upto the americans, but look what they did to bill clinton in somalia, lol.

Those little pirates taking on the biggest criminal gang in the world, is funny when you think about it, do they not understand who they are dealing with, lol.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by andy1033]

new topics

<<   2 >>

join